Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1.    #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    I just switched too. Its not only faster, but cheaper. Verizon is petitioning huntington township now to be allowed to offer tv services over the fiber. Ofcourse, cablevision is fighting it.
    hehe, my installer said the same thing (probably the same guy!).

As soon as it's available, I'm getting FiOS tv too. I guess Verizon is going to try to go to the state for permission instead of town-by-town.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by whmurray View Post
    I often see lip-sync problems on Cablevision, the source for my Slingbox.
    How bad and consistent are they?
    How is the battery when watching TV. With the 6700 it last much less than an hour.
  4.    #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by J_Uneek View Post
    How bad and consistent are they?
    If you up upload too much, Cabelvision will cap your speeds and not notifiy you (look them up on wikipedia)--using a slingbox too much will qualify for this, so you'll have to be careful.

Their speeds promised were: 15mbps download/2mbps upload

I actually got 2mbps download/130kbps upload.

How is the battery when watching TV. With the 6700 it last much less than an hour.
    It's pretty good. On a 2400 battery I put it at about 20% an hour. But understand I haven't done a fully controlled experiment, that's just my rough experience.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R View Post
    You can control a TiVo through this, right? How fast/slow is the delay when navigating through the TiVo menus, doing FF/REW, etc.?
    Generally slow. However, there is a "control mode" which speeds it up a little. It is not like being in the same room.
    just bought a slingbox. pretty neat. but the quality on my 700wx is horrible. itl say only 1fps! and like 150kbps. is there something i need to change/. this is horrible. the quality on my laptop is great. i even try to use my treo with the data calbe to get internet access through my pc, and its same. so im thinkin its somethign with the phone, or the software. im using sling player mobile 1.1.0.95 for pocket pc
    Quote Originally Posted by camaroracer016 View Post
    just bought a slingbox. pretty neat. but the quality on my 700wx is horrible. itl say only 1fps! and like 150kbps. is there something i need to change/. this is horrible. the quality on my laptop is great. i even try to use my treo with the data calbe to get internet access through my pc, and its same. so im thinkin its somethign with the phone, or the software. im using sling player mobile 1.1.0.95 for pocket pc
    Have you run any speed tests on the phone? try www.dslreports.com/mspeed
    I always get between 700-800 kbit/sec. I also have one of the new sprint cards and it was so slow.....
    After many hours with tech support I finally found a solution (not thru them however) that works for the card and 700wx, if on the sprint network.
    If its a sprint slow speed issue, let me know..
    Global Posts
    740 Global Posts
    I have a 700p and am anxiously awaiting the rollout of Slingbox for this platform.
    My Brother was in a Verizon store and the rep said Verizon is now or going to limit the data when using Slingbox. Even though we have an unlimited data plan.

Is this true or is the rep just not knowledgeable?

I searched around this forum because I know the 700W has had the Slingbox for awhile now and was wondering if this has become an issue when using Verizon and the Slingbox.

Thx
    Palm III,V>6035>7135>650>700p (on Vzn), PalmBT Treo Hdset>i-Trek BT GPS>TomTom Nav6>755p
    You might want to search the slingmedia forums.

VZW has always had a cap on unlimited plans. The cap is pretty high so unless you plan to watch your slingbox night and day, you probably won't be affected.
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    SlingMedia had indicated they would support fullscreen on the Treo's eventually, but then they started backpeddling on that and the latest sling mobile beta still doesn't support it.
    To support fullscreen mode they would have to do some cropping since TV video isn't square. As you can see the video is pretty good as is. If they do eventually support fullscreen mode it would be nice, but I'm not holding my breath.
    Isnt full screen 16:9? The new mobile version supports that ratio.
    ahh i figured it out. it was on slideshow mode. haha. this is awesome!!!
  12. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nyc_rock View Post
    Isnt full screen 16:9? The new mobile version supports that ratio.
    I have had the latest slingplayer mobile (or so I thought) for about the past 2 months. Are you saying that there is a NEWER version that actually supports FULLSCREEN for the 700WX?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123