Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    hey that sounds kinda good. i dont have any credit though. just turned 18.
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    My friend has one hooked up to his DirecTV box and it works fine. NFL Ticket anywhere.

Note that even my HDTV channels display through my slingbox. The widescreen pictures are displayed with black bars at the top and bottom of the Treo screen, but it displays fine.
    I find that it's a waste to watch the HD channels, assuming there is a standard def channel to watch instead. The video quality is reduced, and I think it's easier to see the normal quality channel if I have the choice. Our screen is only 240*240, watching a 1280*720 HDTV program is pointless
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    That is awesome.. Too bad my cable upload speed is only 147 kbps because of how many times it's split... Slingbox says 256kbps minimum
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by J_Uneek View Post
    That is awesome.. Too bad my cable upload speed is only 147 kbps because of how many times it's split... Slingbox says 256kbps minimum
    you can run it at those speeds. I did when Optonline capped my upload speeds...

Of course, since then I've switched to Verizon's FiOS system. Much faster.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlepat View Post
    I find that it's a waste to watch the HD channels, assuming there is a standard def channel to watch instead.
    That is the point I was trying to make. You can watch your HDTV channels where there is no equivalent SD channel. I like to watch INHD concerts and you just can't get them on SD channels. Otherwise I use the SD version.
    Global Posts
    653 Global Posts
    Ugh!!! And I said my 700wx was my last big expense! Now my credit card is itching to buy one of these!!! So anyone know what happens if they release a new version of the mobile client? Are upgrades free?
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by Pibe38 View Post
    Ugh!!! And I said my 700wx was my last big expense! Now my credit card is itching to buy one of these!!! So anyone know what happens if they release a new version of the mobile client? Are upgrades free?
    What they actually give you is a license code, just like if you were to buy it normally. So you get whatever upgrades anyone else would get. Rule of thumb is they'll at least let you upgrade for free through version 2.0, which should be quite a long time (1.1 is the beta).

Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    you can run it at those speeds. I did when Optonline capped my upload speeds...

Of course, since then I've switched to Verizon's FiOS system. Much faster.
    Hmmm you think it'll run well enough? I mean I know it won't run as crisp as yours but you think at my speeds it's worth checking out?
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by J_Uneek View Post
    Hmmm you think it'll run well enough? I mean I know it won't run as crisp as yours but you think at my speeds it's worth checking out?
    I was capped at about 130kb by optonline and got it to work. I mean, I was able to actually watch it, hear everything and make out what on the screen. It was about the same quality as MobitTV, so it can work.

I'd give it a shot. The 256 speed is for "ideal" picture. That's when it starts to get real good and offer what they advertise but it'll work below that too.

Watch for your service contract though too much slinging could cause your account cancelation by your service provider since it take alot of their bandwidth.
    Quote Originally Posted by bm_masri View Post
    Watch for your service contract though too much slinging could cause your account cancelation by your service provider since it take alot of their bandwidth.
    Well has anyone heard of someone being terminated due to excessive slinging? I haven't. The only reports I've seen are some people using their vzw data cards getting terminated for excessive downloads exceeded 10GB in a month.

I use my mobile slingplayer a lot and the max I've ever hit was 4GB in a month. Not so much as a warning from VZW. If Sprint is more leanient on video streaming as some people have claimed I'm not going to worry about watching how much I sling at all. Not that I did before.
    The YouTube video shows the lips not syncing with the audio. Is that just a problem with YouTube, or does it look that way "in real life"?
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    Must be a utube/video problem. Audio has always been in sync for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pibe38 View Post
    Go to: http://www.slingmedia.com/us/ for info. Of all the retailers they show, Amazon.com is the one that has it the cheapest ($159.99). If you buy it and regiter by Sep.16 you get the Mobile application for free (usually $29.99).

My question is, after we get the Mobile version for free, what happens to future updates? Are they included with the license or do they need to be purchased?
    Do you check the teeth of gift horses?
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R View Post
    The YouTube video shows the lips not syncing with the audio. Is that just a problem with YouTube, or does it look that way "in real life"?
    I often see lip-sync problems on Cablevision, the source for my Slingbox.
    Quote Originally Posted by benjimatt View Post
    dang i dont want to go and buy the slingbox. 150 is a lot. so whos going to let me pay them 5 bucks a moth to use theirs
    I paid $250- for mine. Worth every penny.

Since only one person can use a Slingbox at a time, real users would not rent you theirs. Even if multiple clients could share a Slingbox, they would both have to view the same content. The choice of content is at the source of the Slingbox (e.g, cable, dish, Tivo), not at the SB.
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Is that a DirecTV setting?.........
    No, that is a SB client setting. However, most, though not necessarily all, source settings can be controlled via the SB. If the setting can be controlled via the remote, and if the remote proxy on the SB client faithfully reproduces the remote, then it can be controlled by the end user.
  18.    #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by whmurray View Post
    I often see lip-sync problems on Cablevision, the source for my Slingbox.
    As the originator fo the video, I can assure you: lips sync up

I just switched from cablevision...I hate them. Get verizon FiOS if you can.

Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    As the originator fo the video, I can assure you: lips sync up

I just switched from cablevision...I hate them. Get verizon FiOS if you can.
    I just switched too. Its not only faster, but cheaper. Verizon is petitioning huntington township now to be allowed to offer tv services over the fiber. Ofcourse, cablevision is fighting it.
    You can control a TiVo through this, right? How fast/slow is the delay when navigating through the TiVo menus, doing FF/REW, etc.?
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast