Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1.    #1  
    Hey guys,

    Just got my 700wx a few days ago and the one thing that annoys me is that the only way for the text message/email ringer to not ring, is to turn off all sounds to vibrate on the top of the phone. Is there a way, to, for example, lowering the sound of the message alert in conjunction with whatever volume you have for the call ringer? So if your ringer is at 1 bar, the text message alert rings very low.
  2. #2  
    PhoneAlarm does this, also on a per profile basis. Amazing program for WM5.

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  3.    #3  
    Any freeware programs do that?
  4. GregE's Avatar
    Posts
    521 Posts
    Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    #4  
    I like Phone Alarm too. I wanted to turn my phone off at night so I didn't get any calls or hear the e-mail sounds while I was sleeping. The profiles of Phone Alarm do that for me. I also switch to the Home profile at night and I have that set up not to notify me of e-mail when using it. I also like the Today Screen plugin.

    If you just want to stop the text message/e-mail sounds, I think you can do that without any software. Go to Settings|Sounds & Notifications. Select the Notifications tab and then change the event to "Messaging: New e-mail message". Then you can turn off the "Play Sound" checkbox or select a new sound if you would rather. You could do the same for "Messaging: New text message".

    Give it a try.

    Greg
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by GregE View Post
    I like Phone Alarm too. I wanted to turn my phone off at night so I didn't get any calls or hear the e-mail sounds while I was sleeping. The profiles of Phone Alarm do that for me. I also switch to the Home profile at night and I have that set up not to notify me of e-mail when using it. I also like the Today Screen plugin.

    If you just want to stop the text message/e-mail sounds, I think you can do that without any software. Go to Settings|Sounds & Notifications. Select the Notifications tab and then change the event to "Messaging: New e-mail message". Then you can turn off the "Play Sound" checkbox or select a new sound if you would rather. You could do the same for "Messaging: New text message".

    Give it a try.

    Greg
    I am aware of that option in the 700wx, however, I am looking for the ability to hear my incoming mail ringer and text ringer but not at its original volume. I want to cut down the volume of it like I used to with my Nextel phone.

    I cannot seem to find any freeware programs that do that
  6. GregE's Avatar
    Posts
    521 Posts
    Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    #6  
    My bad. I read the silence part and most, not all, of your message. I now understand what you are trying to do. Just an idea and I haven't tried it but could you take the sound of your choice and use an editor to decrease the volume?
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by GregE View Post
    My bad. I read the silence part and most, not all, of your message. I now understand what you are trying to do. Just an idea and I haven't tried it but could you take the sound of your choice and use an editor to decrease the volume?
    That would force me to change the ringtone everytime I Want it to be at a lower volume, which defeats the purpose. I'll keep looking around see if I find anything.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by L3thal View Post
    That would force me to change the ringtone everytime I Want it to be at a lower volume, which defeats the purpose. I'll keep looking around see if I find anything.
    Done!

    Phone Profiles v. 1.2.1
    http://www.winmobileapps.com/device/...c/plt/plt.aspx

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  9. FDLuke's Avatar
    Posts
    48 Posts
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    #9  
    With the 650, if your phone rang and you wanted to silence the ringer, all you would need to do is hit the volume button and it would be silenced. Is this still possible with the 700wx or do you have to hold the volume button down to silence the ringer while its ringing?
  10. ahalvor's Avatar
    Posts
    447 Posts
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by FDLuke View Post
    With the 650, if your phone rang and you wanted to silence the ringer, all you would need to do is hit the volume button and it would be silenced. Is this still possible with the 700wx or do you have to hold the volume button down to silence the ringer while its ringing?
    that was one of the first things I noticed, it does not at the same as the PalmOS in that regard. Maybe in a future update?
  11. #11  
    2 options:

    1) I use phonelarm and that has an option for 1-click mute, assigned to any key.

    2) the easier and free method would to just use the hardware switch on top of the device, at least that's what I normally do

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  12. FDLuke's Avatar
    Posts
    48 Posts
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    #12  
    Its one of the 1st things i noticed as well. It was nice to just click the volume button to silence the ringer if you had it on by accident. I may have to go for the phone alarm as it seems to have many nice features.

    I will tell you one thing, this phone takes a lot of getting used to after playing with a 650 for 2 years. I think the difference is the 650 felt like a phone first then a PDA. The 700wx is more of a PDA than a phone. I guess time will ease all of my worries.

Posting Permissions