1.    #1  
    I just discovered Netfront v3.3. This is exactly what I have been looking for in a browser for my new 700wx. It handles my online banking site with ease and is really fast. It was a bit steep in price(originally $29) but there is a $10 discount right now through Pocketgear. I love this app.
    ttoppins,

Do you know how much the service is after the first 3 months?

Thanks,

Tae
  3.    #3  
    No, didn't realize this was a "service". What are the ongoing fees? Thanks for the heads up. Love the browser though. Too bad if this is a service rather than just an app.
    I'm assuming it's a service because of the description:

Application Description
    Limited time discount for new users!: $19.80 for 3 months – Coupon Code is NF106132006
    *New features in version 3.3
    I think they mean for the next 3 months, that price is good...

I have never known nor heard that Netfront was going to be a "service" browser like Thunderhawk, it's still a standalone single license apps (it's on pocketgear too), so no worries.

JIK, there is always Opera 8.6 which is similar in function.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  6.    #6  
    I tried Opera, seemed very slow on the wx to me. Are there tweaks to speed up? I also think the price means good for 3 months at that discount or 3 months of support(as that happens to be the support policy in the readme file).
  7.    #7  
    On disadvantage is size of this app is around 10meg I think. Very hefty. Will likely move to sd card to see how speed holds up.
    Post your findings I'd be curious I haven't played with Netfront since my 6700 and several revisions.
    Quote Originally Posted by ttoppins View Post
    I tried Opera, seemed very slow on the wx to me. Are there tweaks to speed up? I also think the price means good for 3 months at that discount or 3 months of support(as that happens to be the support policy in the readme file).
    There's a program out there called: UPX4PPC by Vicott

Basically, it compresses any .exe or .dll file (excpet for CF or CF 2.0 files) by up to 50%.

A "side effect" of the compression is...faster loading apps

So I did the main Opera.dll and reduce it from 5+mb to 1.8mb and it load significantly faster. I do this for all my apps and even some TodayPlugins.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Remember to change the default font to tohoma under menu>Tools>browser settings>view>advanced. Many people do not like netfront simple due to the fixed width corier font, when this is easily changed.
    You can also change the scroll behaviour. Netfront really is the best mobile browser.

Surur
  11.    #11  
    Thanks for the UPX4PPC tip. This does seem to help Opera for me.