Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hello,

I'm considering switching from the 700p to the 700wx. Are there any killer must have apps for the WM5/wx that you can't get on the POS/p?

I currently use my Treo 700p mainly for e-mail (Good), PIM, and as a multimedia player (Ptunes and TCMPC).

Thanks,

Tae
    If you have a sirius subscription then SiriuCE is a must! Lets see......Directory Assistance is a good one, PHM Regedit so that you can "tweak" whatever you want, TCPMP (This one you are probably already familiar with), SPB Finance and last but not least TEXAS HOLD'EM!
  3.    #3  
    Actually I have a Sirius subscription. Has anyone confirmed that SiriuCE works on the Treo 700wx? I thought I read somewhere that Sirius changed the login when they rolled out The Howard Stern channels through the Internet.

I can get DA on the POS as well as TCPMP and Texas Hold'em. My main reason for wanting to switch from the 700p to the 700wx is for GPS navigation apps. I heard you can be on a call as well as receiving directions from the GPS receiver simultaneously.

I'm just trying to justify my decision a bit more by trying to find some other apps on the WM5/wx that I can't get on through POS.

Also, does anyone know a WM5 app that turns your 700wx into an SD card reader? I'm using Card Reader on my 700p right now.

Thanks,

Tae
    The newest version from emulamer.com/ppc DOES work with the 700w and 700wx I have tried it on both, but do yourself a favor and set it up to stream through tcpmp it has alot better sound quality and doesn't buffer as much.
    Slingbox mobile player!! Best application for WM5 IMHO

-Oly
    -Proud Treo 750V (UMTS), 700WX (EVDO) and PPC-6700 (EVDO) owner on the go...

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/oly/sets/72157594244138528/" target="_blank">OLY's GADGET PHOTO BLOG</a
  6.    #6  
    dbarrett5381,

How do I get it to stream through TCPMP? I have TCPMP on my 700p now. Anyway I can stream Sirius on the 700p or do I need SiriuCE, which requires WM5?

Thanks,

Tae
    There is an option in SiriuCE that you can switch between wmp10 or tcpmp. It won't work on palm, unless you can get them to write a version of the program for palm os. I would think that it is possible since you can stream through tcpmp
  8.    #8  
    Got it! Thanks!
    Oh yeah, you wanna know how you switch it....... when you are in siriuce hit the "menu" softkey then select "Player" then select TCPMP. If you have TCPMP installed on your card then you will have to also select "set tcpmp path" and point it to where ever you installed TCPMP.
    BTW,

SiriuCE 2 has been released!

http://www.emulamer.com/siriuce2.html

GREAT app. Stern anywhere. Can't beat it! (Stiletto, what Stiletto?)
    Slingbox.

Skype.

Push/Exchange.

Opera/PIEPlus/MultiIE/Netfront = tabbed browsing like a real desktop.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ericshmerick View Post
    BTW,

SiriuCE 2 has been released!

http://www.emulamer.com/siriuce2.html

GREAT app. Stern anywhere. Can't beat it! (Stiletto, what Stiletto?)
    This new version of SiriusCE looks nice! i had been using SiriusWM5 only because i thought it looked better and it supported the square screen. Now, SiriusCE looks MUCH better, and it has song/artist info on the screen...

It says it needs CF2.0 and SQLce3...what is this? i have CF2 installed already, but where do I find this SQLce program that I can install directly to the device as a .CAB? I really hate installing stuff unless it's a direct .CAB install on the device...

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by freetreo700p View Post
    Hello,

I'm considering switching from the 700p to the 700wx. Are there any killer must have apps for the WM5/wx that you can't get on the POS/p?

I currently use my Treo 700p mainly for e-mail (Good), PIM, and as a multimedia player (Ptunes and TCMPC).

Thanks,

Tae
    This may sound bogus but coming from a 700p as I have done, I think the killer app on the 700w and the 700wx is actually included with the device. I believe it is phone dialing and lookup stuff that Palm built in. Dont think I have ever had a Smartphone that was this easy to lookup and dial a number as it is using these built in customizations. SO in that way when people at work ask me what the killer app for the 700w/wx is I say the internal dialer. But lets not forget Sling player. Not available for 700p yet, but is all kinds of goodness on the wx especially!
    bit_bucket
    The killer app is often defined by what you like to do, so here is a list of apps I have collected with 3 must haves at the top:

Software For PPC
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    SPB Pocket Plus. If there's only one progam you ever buy for a PPC, this is it.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cking View Post
    This new version of SiriusCE looks nice! i had been using SiriusWM5 only because i thought it looked better and it supported the square screen. Now, SiriusCE looks MUCH better, and it has song/artist info on the screen...

It says it needs CF2.0 and SQLce3...what is this? i have CF2 installed already, but where do I find this SQLce program that I can install directly to the device as a .CAB? I really hate installing stuff unless it's a direct .CAB install on the device...

Thanks!
    I found the perfect answer to my own question from earlier...

http://windowsmobile.msmobiles.com/?cat=2

This link has the directions to install Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Mobile Edition (aka, SQL CE 3.0) directly onto the 700wx with .CAB files. It installs a client on your PC, then from there just follow the directions and copy over the appropriate .CAB files to the Treo. Run them to install, and you're done. Then you can uninstall the client from your PC (45+ MB's) if not needed...no need to go thru an ActiveSync install...

I already had CF2.0 installed, so SQL is all I needed to use this new SiriusCE 2.0, and this program is awesome! MUCH improved over the previous version, and the skin is very nice looking. Displays song titles, artist, and it has media player controls on the app. WMP opens in the background, and the SiriusCE stays in the foreground...

Now between SlingPlayer, MusicDock (aka miniXM), and SiriusCE...I have all my media bases covered! This may just let me put off a Stiletto purchase for a while...

Hope this helps...
    Quote Originally Posted by freetreo700p View Post
    Also, does anyone know a WM5 app that turns your 700wx into an SD card reader? I'm using Card Reader on my 700p right now.

Thanks,

Tae

CardExport for pocketpc
    http://www.softick.com/pocket-pc/cardexport2/

Also there may be a freeware version floating around at xda-developers.com

Surur
    I have a 700p here are somethings we are missing....slingbox/firefox/skype/multi tasking/bit torrent/peer to peer file sharing/super nintendo emulator. btw u can use the phone and tom tom at the same time on the 700p I do it now.
    I have a lot to say but I dont want to get banned...AGAIN!!
    Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post
    CardExport for pocketpc
    http://www.softick.com/pocket-pc/cardexport2/

Also there may be a freeware version floating around at xda-developers.com

Surur
    This is the FREE version...much better IMO:
    http://www.pocketpcfreewares.com/en/index.php?soft=1543

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    .NET Compact Framework 2.0 Service Pack 1 is released.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast