Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    i know some of you guys think this program is a wast of memory and/or a wate of money, but i'm kind of starting to like it. i had it on the 700p and had no problems. it was pre installed on the 700p so i really cant compare it with the 700wx, but i have some questions.

1. has anyone installed this app and or the net framework that comes with it, and is required, to the storage card? it is quite large and would like to put it on the card if it doesn't cause problems.

2. does the app seem to want to reinstall everytime you go to run the app for anyone else. after i have installed both the app and framework, got everything set up, used it awhile, and then close it. the next time i go to use it, it wants to reinstall. i have to wx's and it does this on both.

thanks, cody
    I actually removed it because like you said every time I opened it, it seemed like it was installing for the first time.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Doesn't do that on mine. After i installed it and I try to open it now, it just says on-demand is loading and it takes me directly to PageOne in about 5 seconds.

I actually like on-demand for what it offers.
    On demand i on the card. Net CF is NOT. You will find a lot of new programs requirethe cf anyway, so its not wasting memory really.

"preparing your on demand experience from sprint" is the splash screen I get, and pageone takes 20 seconds to load up from the time I initially select the program. First it takes 10 seconds to get that splash screen I quoted above, then another 10 for pageone. Terrible
    I just leave it running - otherwise it will give you that Preparing screen every time.
    I hard reset recently.. and put it on the card.. Both the program and MS thing.. BAD MOVE!

It wasnt fast enough or something and gave me tons of Microsoft eerrors with Page1.exe etc.

I hard reset again, stuck it on the device and its fine.

Yea it is a memory hog but it doesnt seem to work well on the card!
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmieGeddes View Post
    I actually removed it because like you said every time I opened it, it seemed like it was installing for the first time.
    Jimmie, I got the netframe work error message, was unsuccessful the 2 or 3 times I tried to install it. The Sprint tech support suggested that I call Handmark. Basically at this point Sprint will not help us with this issue even though it ships with the 700wx. I really like on demand on my Treo 700p and I have had no problems with this program before on the Palm OS.

It's disappointing that it is a memory hog on the pocket pc OS.

The rep did help me with one issue and that is the hard reset I use for the Palm OS with the stylus and holding three buttons to do the reset. She told me to hold the red power button on the Treo 700p and reinsert the battery and the palm will reset. I was totally shocked but it works.

She did say that she would not suggest that I use it on the new treo 700wx
    I am not sure why. I have been like a juggler before in doing the hard reset on the 700p!
    Ummm... It was a memory hog on the POS 700p as well... It just has a LOT of data to give you and wasnt written veryt memory contious.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by morningstar1844 View Post
    Jimmie, I got the netframe work error message, was unsuccessful the 2 or 3 times I tried to install it. The Sprint tech support suggested that I call Handmark. Basically at this point Sprint will not help us with this issue even though it ships with the 700wx. I really like on demand on my Treo 700p and I have had no problems with this program before on the Palm OS.

It's disappointing that it is a memory hog on the pocket pc OS.

The rep did help me with one issue and that is the hard reset I use for the Palm OS with the stylus and holding three buttons to do the reset. She told me to hold the red power button on the Treo 700p and reinsert the battery and the palm will reset. I was totally shocked but it works.

She did say that she would not suggest that I use it on the new treo 700wx
    I am not sure why. I have been like a juggler before in doing the hard reset on the 700p!

handmark told me it was a sprint issue. how did i know that thay would say that. the funny thing is if i hard reset and install it first it works. then i install the other apps i use. if i install other apps before on demand it wont work. i dont know which app is conflicting with on demand but at least i found a fix. it has been working good now for three days.
    Too bad Sprint doesn't allow you to keep Maps and Directions and only gives you a trial. It is one hell of a program.
    What actually annoys me is that once it installs I never get it running. I liked this application for the 700p, alot. I just want to get it working on the wx now. Once it installs it goes back to the today screen. If I click the ondemand logo... please enter your zip code... and it reinstalls the cab files all over again. Any help on this would be appreciated.

-Darth
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
    What actually annoys me is that once it installs I never get it running. I liked this application for the 700p, alot. I just want to get it working on the wx now. Once it installs it goes back to the today screen. If I click the ondemand logo... please enter your zip code... and it reinstalls the cab files all over again. Any help on this would be appreciated.

-Darth
    this is exactly what was happening to me. I loved
    the program on the 700p. what I did to overcome this was hard reset and install on demand first. then install my other programs. I don't understand why, but it seemed as if the install of on demand did take any other way. it just kept trying to reinstall.
    I did the hard reset and installed on demand first last week some time and the prrogram has been working perfect ever since.

hope this helps, cody
    Ok cody.. thanks. I will try that out... I hate hard resetting... :-D
    Does anyone know of a way to keep the data on the card while having the program itself within the main storage? I know on the Palm version you can do this, but I have not found a way with the Windows Mobile as of yet.

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    280 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Codeworks View Post
    Does anyone know of a way to keep the data on the card while having the program itself within the main storage? I know on the Palm version you can do this, but I have not found a way with the Windows Mobile as of yet.

Thanks.
    I looked through the registry settings and I found nothing that specifically identifies where the content should be stored.

I installed On Demand on my storage card, and the .net compact framework to the device - it runs fine for me...
    I don't mean to steal this thread, but it's a problem...so I'll ask... I have a popup error that states: "An unexpected error has occurred in _PageOne.exe. Select Quit and then restart this program, or select Details for more information."

when I pick details it says "_PageOne.exe FormateException at at System.DateTimeParse.Parse() atPageOne.Forms.MainForm.AutoUpdate()"

It seems to happen when I restart on demand now. Usually happens every 1-2 minutes. When I first got my wx it worked fine. I'll probably do a hard reset (I hate doing this too), or reinstall .net CF (Not fun finding it again), and then contact Handmark if all else fails.

Also, it may have started right after I installed Java MIDP-AMS , the application that allows me to use google maps via a MIDlet (very cool stuff)...

Any of you witness this on demand error?

Thanks for the help...
    -Oly
    -Proud Treo 750V (UMTS), 700WX (EVDO) and PPC-6700 (EVDO) owner on the go...

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/oly/sets/72157594244138528/" target="_blank">OLY's GADGET PHOTO BLOG</a
    Quote Originally Posted by olywogle View Post
    I don't mean to steal this thread, but it's a problem...so I'll ask... I have a popup error that states: "An unexpected error has occurred in _PageOne.exe. Select Quit and then restart this program, or select Details for more information."

when I pick details it says "_PageOne.exe FormateException at at System.DateTimeParse.Parse() atPageOne.Forms.MainForm.AutoUpdate()"

It seems to happen when I restart on demand now. Usually happens every 1-2 minutes. When I first got my wx it worked fine. I'll probably do a hard reset (I hate doing this too), or reinstall .net CF (Not fun finding it again), and then contact Handmark if all else fails.

Also, it may have started right after I installed Java MIDP-AMS , the application that allows me to use google maps via a MIDlet (very cool stuff)...

Any of you witness this on demand error?

Thanks for the help...
    -Oly
    I received the error the first time I tried using it. Haven't gotten it since. Not sure why it happened though. I too have the java vm on my device, but don't see how they can be related.

I don't think you can install parts of the program in different places anymore. The different conduits in the program used to be seperate files, but now it seems to be integrated.
    Im trying to decide now if it's really worth the hassle...

For those of you that can still use on demand on the 700wx, does it have the ability to use the 411 directory and add it to your WM5 contacts? If so, I will not give up getting this on demand program to work. I wish this app wasn't so processor intensive...
    -Proud Treo 750V (UMTS), 700WX (EVDO) and PPC-6700 (EVDO) owner on the go...

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/oly/sets/72157594244138528/" target="_blank">OLY's GADGET PHOTO BLOG</a
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
    Ok cody.. thanks. I will try that out... I hate hard resetting... :-D
    i hate hard resets to, but i hate having on demand even more. lol
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by olywogle View Post
    Im trying to decide now if it's really worth the hassle...

For those of you that can still use on demand on the 700wx, does it have the ability to use the 411 directory and add it to your WM5 contacts? If so, I will not give up getting this on demand program to work. I wish this app wasn't so processor intensive...
    yes it does, thats one of my favorites as well.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast