Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by olywogle View Post
    I don't mean to steal this thread, but it's a problem...so I'll ask... I have a popup error that states: "An unexpected error has occurred in _PageOne.exe. Select Quit and then restart this program, or select Details for more information."

when I pick details it says "_PageOne.exe FormateException at at System.DateTimeParse.Parse() atPageOne.Forms.MainForm.AutoUpdate()"

It seems to happen when I restart on demand now. Usually happens every 1-2 minutes. When I first got my wx it worked fine. I'll probably do a hard reset (I hate doing this too), or reinstall .net CF (Not fun finding it again), and then contact Handmark if all else fails.

Also, it may have started right after I installed Java MIDP-AMS , the application that allows me to use google maps via a MIDlet (very cool stuff)...

Any of you witness this on demand error?

Thanks for the help...
    -Oly
    never seen that error message.

about the .net frame work, you dont need to find it. when you go to install on demand, first it installs on demand and then it installs the .net framework. it seems that when you first hit on demand it go to internet and download both the .canb files and installs each on at a time. no need to go find anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    yes it does, thats one of my favorites as well.
    I wish I did not hear those words. Ok then, back to getting on demand to work with my wx.

I really want that "411 directory to contact" feature because I would then be able to search for a place, add it to my contacts via on demand, then pull it up using tomtom nav 6 ( tomtom accesses your contacts and plots your destination based on what you have in the address field ...an awesome feature with tomtom btw).

I'll have to do some more research on this on demand error issue...
    -Proud Treo 750V (UMTS), 700WX (EVDO) and PPC-6700 (EVDO) owner on the go...

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/oly/sets/72157594244138528/" target="_blank">OLY's GADGET PHOTO BLOG</a
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeRadio View Post
    I hard reset recently.. and put it on the card.. Both the program and MS thing.. BAD MOVE!

It wasnt fast enough or something and gave me tons of Microsoft eerrors with Page1.exe etc.
    That must be the same page1.exe error I am getting, but I never did a hard reset since I got the phone...so frustrating...
    -Proud Treo 750V (UMTS), 700WX (EVDO) and PPC-6700 (EVDO) owner on the go...

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/oly/sets/72157594244138528/" target="_blank">OLY's GADGET PHOTO BLOG</a
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    this is exactly what was happening to me. I loved
    the program on the 700p. what I did to overcome this was hard reset and install on demand first. then install my other programs. I don't understand why, but it seemed as if the install of on demand did take any other way. it just kept trying to reinstall.
    I did the hard reset and installed on demand first last week some time and the prrogram has been working perfect ever since.

hope this helps, cody
    I found there was two shortcuts once installed. One shortcut was in the start menu that directed me to the installation (not sure why this does not go away once installed). The other shortcut is in the Programs folder, which actually opens the app. However, I can't remove the install shortcut from the start menu. When I tried doing this from the Menu configuration, it tells me I can't perform this action. I do see two On Demand icons in the list. I just created a shortcut on my Pocket Plus app bar on the Today screen.
    Brian McGuire
    .../600/650/8700c/700w/Moto Q/700p/Nokia E62/700wx/8525/750c/BB Pearl/Blackjack/BB 8800/BB Curve & HTC Vox S710 >>iPhone
    Another note, I actually find On Demand (Pocket Express) to be very useful. I personally like the weather & 411 apps. I much prefer NewsBreak for daily news feeds. I have been using Pocket Express since it came out. The Sprint version has a few different things, but for the most part its the same.
    Brian McGuire
    .../600/650/8700c/700w/Moto Q/700p/Nokia E62/700wx/8525/750c/BB Pearl/Blackjack/BB 8800/BB Curve & HTC Vox S710 >>iPhone
    I found it much more useful on the palm os, the speed difference between the two is huge. I can just as easily go to accuweather.com for pda's, which is quicker and more detailed
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12