1.    #1  
    I'm frustrated. iGuidance 3.0 will not install on the 700wx. It gives a "not digitally signed" error when you try to install.

Hmph.
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    Really? I'm planning on using iGuidance on my 700wx when it arrives. I love the program. Have you tried installing to the SD and Device? I know it works on the 700w, so I assumed it would work on the wx. I'll know for sure once I get mine. Did you try installing it right after a soft reset?
    Device: Sprint Touch
    Accessories: Jawbone 2, 6GB Sandisk miniSD
    Editor: www.mobilegadgetnews.com
    i had an issue as well. (also on 700w when i had it) Install to SD Card. Works great for me. So much better then the 700w, it lagged like crazy on the w.
  4.    #4  
    Well I wasn't able to get the disc version of iGuidance 3.0 to install, but I have an updated beta .cab they sent me that fixes the slow voice issue, and it loaded fine.

Works great.

BTW, please don't ask me for the .cab. I had to sign an NDA agreement to test it. They should be releasing an updated version soon...(according to what I was told)

Hang in there iGuidance fans! It only gets better from here.
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    Man I can't wait until they release the update. The voice lag when on data kills me. It was supposed to be released in August according to iGuidance, but apparently got delayed. How's the update?
    Device: Sprint Touch
    Accessories: Jawbone 2, 6GB Sandisk miniSD
    Editor: www.mobilegadgetnews.com
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by smeg36 View Post
    Man I can't wait until they release the update. The voice lag when on data kills me. It was supposed to be released in August according to iGuidance, but apparently got delayed. How's the update?
    Works great. Voices are very speedy!
    I'm glad to see inavcorp is addressing that very serious "slow voice" useability issue. I just e-mailed tech support asking for the beta and a timeframe for full release. Is that how you got it, ericschmerick, or did you call them? I'm a registered user and provided my serial number, so I hope they'll let me in...

Thanks,
    Todd/Indy
    Global Posts
    243 Global Posts
    I guess I'll email them too. I've been waiting for that patch
  9.    #9  
    FYI guys, the testing period ended a while ago, so emailing probably won't do much good. They should be releasing an update soon.
    ericshmerick,

You're right--they didn't seem too interested in letting me have the beta. I exchanged a few emails with their "tech support" (ha!) team, which assured me I could just turn off GPRS and continue to use the phone in my PPC-6700 and Treo 700wx if I wanted to use iGuidance 3.0's voice directions. Helpful folks insisted it could be done and they'd send step-by-step instructions Monday.

I'm not a real happy camper considering I pre-ordered 3.0 and there's a working version out there that they want me to wait two or three more weeks for (IMO relying solely on voice prompts is the ONLY safe way to use any PDA-based nav system). I'm also very surprised that their tech reps don't understand fundamental differences between GSM and CDMA technologies and the resulting implications for users.

Todd/Indy
    Last edited by tbhausen; 09/09/2006 at 10:31 PM.