Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1.    #1  
    I am a victim of too much technology and would appreciate some help and experiences on deciding if I should sync to Outlook or Entourage on my 700WX from my MacBook Pro.

    My dilemma is that I am currently using Entourage and it's OK but I prefer the features of Outlook and I am interested in the Pocket Informant software that gets raves in this forum. But to run Outlook and sync to 700WX I will need to get Parallels and I would prefer to not have so much to do with Windows, if possible. I am aware that I can sync Entourage through the Missing Synch.

    Any of you gone through this decision process and have any insights and experiences to share with me?

    thanks.
  2. #2  
    I had to make a similar decision and decided to stick with syncing my 700wx with Entourage but through a hosted exchange server. Everything seems to work great and I'm happy with my decision.
  3. #3  
    MarkSpace gave me a copy of The Missing Sync to review that I am using with my 700wx and iMac. I haven't synced with entourage on my iMac, but know it supports it.
    Jimmie Geddes
  4.    #4  
    Hi Jimmie,

    Have you used the bluetooth connection to sync? If so, does it work OK and will it connect and sync automatically or do you have to remember to start Missing Synch and press the sync button?

    thanks.

    Ed
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by LuvDucs View Post
    I had to make a similar decision and decided to stick with syncing my 700wx with Entourage but through a hosted exchange server. Everything seems to work great and I'm happy with my decision.
    Is the exchange server part of your company or is it a service I could use? If so please give me the contact info. Thanks.

    I'm leaning toward sticking with Entourage though I miss how Outlook lets you organize tasks so easily and change due dates.

    Ed
  6. #6  
    It's actually a hosted Exchange that I use as a paid for service. Go to www.4smartphone.net and see if this is something that interests you.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by LuvDucs View Post
    It's actually a hosted Exchange that I use as a paid for service. Go to www.4smartphone.net and see if this is something that interests you.
    Thanks I will give this a try. I want something that wil automatically update my handheld.
  8. #8  
    You're welcome and good luck finding what works for you. Let us know how you fair.
  9. RobeJazz's Avatar
    Posts
    70 Posts
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    #9  
    Can someone help me with this? I have a treo 700wx and love it. I have a macbook pro and use both windows and osx on the same machine - when in windows I use Active Sync, when in OSX I use missing sync.
    I am interested in using 4smartphone, but have NO IDEA how to set it up etc... I have a .mac address by the way and signed up for a 4smartphone trial.

    Help - where do i begin? OSX, Widows, and on the treo do I use pocket outlook or flexmail??????????

    Ro
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by RobeJazz View Post
    Can someone help me with this? I have a treo 700wx and love it. I have a macbook pro and use both windows and osx on the same machine - when in windows I use Active Sync, when in OSX I use missing sync.
    I am interested in using 4smartphone, but have NO IDEA how to set it up etc... I have a .mac address by the way and signed up for a 4smartphone trial.

    Help - where do i begin? OSX, Widows, and on the treo do I use pocket outlook or flexmail??????????

    Ro
    I'm trying out 4smartphone and synching with Entourage. there website lays it out pretty well how to set things up. Your treo has everything you need. 4smartphone uses pocket outlook and they will give you instructions on how to configure Active Synch on you treo.

    Still a work in progress for me but gathering from the rave reviews on this forum if I can get it set up it's pretty cool. I'm getting my email pushed through but no contacts, tasks or calendar. their tech support is fine but you can only communicate through emails so there is lag time.

    Good luck
  11. RobeJazz's Avatar
    Posts
    70 Posts
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by edjerum View Post
    I'm trying out 4smartphone and synching with Entourage. there website lays it out pretty well how to set things up. Your treo has everything you need. 4smartphone uses pocket outlook and they will give you instructions on how to configure Active Synch on you treo.

    Still a work in progress for me but gathering from the rave reviews on this forum if I can get it set up it's pretty cool. I'm getting my email pushed through but no contacts, tasks or calendar. their tech support is fine but you can only communicate through emails so there is lag time.

    Good luck
    Thanks - I figured it out; It is working great for me now. No real glitches so far. I'll continue to evaluate during my trial period.
  12.    #12  
    Could you let me know if you are able to sync tasks with 4Smartphone. Tasks do not appear either under my 4Smartphone folders or My Computer and they don't seem to part of the sync.

    If you are getting your tasks sync please share any details on how you set it up.

    Thanks
  13. #13  
    I'm not getting my tasks synced either. A minor annoyance really.
  14.    #14  
    Did some research on Task syncing and found out that Entourage simply doesn't allow for Exchange sync of Tasks. Too bad. Tasks are huge for me so I'll probably use Missing Synch for this and decide if I also want to keep 4Smartphone - it sure is nice to get everything pushed through. Or should I be thinking again about running Outlook on my MAC through Parallels. Too many choices. Have to stop and get on with the rest of my life.

    Thanks for the help on this thread.

Posting Permissions