1.    #1  
    I'm trying to download a .cab file onto my phone from an email I sent to my phone but I'm getting this error.

The attachment is of a file type that could be unsafe. Messaging will not open attachment.

What do I do?
    If i remember correctly, you can download it on the device(which it does save in the messaging folder, do a search in explorer) and you have to manually execute the CAB file. This is coming from someone who had the 6600 (ppc2003) and 6700 (ppc2005), I don't remember that much. But I hope it helps somewhat...
    You have to save it locally before you can open it. I usually save it on my SD memory card and execute it from there.
    After the attachment has been dl'ed, you have to tap and hold the file on top of the email and chhose "save as," then save it to wherever you want it. Then you have to go through file explorer and open the file.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlepat View Post
    After the attachment has been dl'ed, you have to tap and hold the file on top of the email and chhose "save as," then save it to wherever you want it. Then you have to go through file explorer and open the file.
    Exactly, thanks for the help.
    Thanks that did the trick for me as well (thanks to a 2 year old post)!
    wow. I had no idea you could do that. THANKS!!!!