1.    #1  
    I just posted this on my site and wanted to post it here. It's not a full review, but I hope it gives some good, honest first impressions.

http://gadgetsonthego.net/2006/09/pa...of-use-on.html
    Jimmie Geddes
    Posted for the lazy:

I received my Treo 700wx last night and am happy to report that it could be the best Treo Palm has released to date. I have made it no secret that I prefer the Palm OS to Windows Mobile, and always have found the Palm OS to be a better OS for me. After using the 700wx I am starting to realize that Palm has done an amazing job of creating "Palm's world-class ease of use on Windows Mobile", it wasn't just marketing spin. For the first time almost every part of Windows Mobile can be used one handed, just like we've gotten accustomed to with our Palm OS Treos.

It also seems that Palm did a great thing by adding the extra RAM to the 700wx, it makes a world of difference. For instance I was able to listen to XM Radio via Internet Explorer while I was surfing the web via Opera, when I decided to send a friend a text message, write an email in Outlook Mobile, and schedule some appointments without closing one application or feeling the system slow down. It's great being able to "multitask" without any of the drawbacks that we've come to expect from trying to do more than one task on these handheld computers.

One of the most surprising, and pleasant things about the Treo 700wx is how fast web browsing can be on a mobile device. When I moved to the Treo 700p web browsing was finally fast, but with the 700wx it's unbelievable. This morning I decided to see how fast it was, and I was shocked. I ran a DSL reports mobile speed test on my 700wx, and thought I was seeing things. I downloaded a 1MB file, and the results page came back quicker than I've ever experienced. The results came back with 1016 kbit/sec, I quickly showed my co-workers so I could confirm that I wasn't seeing things. I tested the connection speeds a few times today and received different speeds, but none went below 400 kbit/sec. All day at work today I have used the 700wx as my main device, relegating my Treo 700p to my messenger bag. Will it stay there? Stay tuned.
    ^ You're stealing $ generating hits form his website!!!!11
    Quote Originally Posted by ericshmerick View Post
    yah...
    You know the Palm OS is in trouble when a die-hard Palm user gives so much praise to Palm's tweaking of WM5.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by ericshmerick View Post
    Since I started writing for PDA247 I have also felt the temptation of drawing traffic to that website with teasers. Having been here however when Jimmie was quite roundly condemned for doing this, I have decided to just post the whole story and hope the scrolling button would tempt people on checking out other stories.

Subtle is definitely best

Surur
    He was criticized mostly by people who had boards up their you-know-whats!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  8.    #8  
    lol, it's all good. I wish I was making money off of my site, it's a hobby for me. I have actually become somewhat of a fan of Surur, my one time arch enemy (kidding). I really enjoy his writing, and news breaking on PDA247, it's definitely gone up in my opinion with him being there.

Palm has clearly done something right with their tweaking of Windows Mobile. I never thought I would be using a Windows Mobile device and enjoy it, especially a Treo not running Palm OS. I think it shows that a company can really make a great device, and not be a clone. The 700wx stands out, and it's because of Palm's touches.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Thanks for the mini-review. One question, I have a Treo 700p on Verizon and I'm trying the 700wx on Sprint. I have to say that although the 700wx is a much better multi-tasker and apps in general are very snappy on it, one of my disappointments so far has been web browsing speed.

I'm getting a much stronger signal on Verizon so I'm sure that is part of it, but the highest I've gotten was 600kbit/sec. I'm usually getting 200 - 400kbit/sec on the 700wx. How did you measure speed on yours?

Quote Originally Posted by JimmieGeddes View Post
    I just posted this on my site and wanted to post it here. It's not a full review, but I hope it gives some good, honest first impressions.

http://gadgetsonthego.net/2006/09/pa...of-use-on.html
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Nice review. I started off with Palm (one of the original HS Visors) and loved it. Then I decided to try out a PPC-loved it even more. That was over 7 yrs go now I believe. But I eventually switched back to pos, when the clie nr70 and nx70 came out. Finally multimedia on a palm device WITH a camera, keyboard, and cool flip-and-rotate design! Admittedly, I still preferred the ppcos, but with sony's enhancements, I couldn't say no. I've recently used a treo 650 (for 12 months) and loved the hardware but started to hate the os. Switched to the 8125 and at first loved it all, but the slide design has been aggravating me (along with the sloooow processor, even with all of the tweaks). Now I'm waiting for the wm5 treo for gsm which I think will be a great marriage of hard/software. I can't wait.
    One other thing, I'd be very interested in hearing how well Missing Sync for WM5 works. I use Missing Sync for Palm, and generally have been very happy with it. I'm very reluctant to install it for WM5 unless I have a general feeling that I intend to keep the 700wx (which right now I'm leaning towards not keeping it).
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  12.    #12  
    Missing Sync for Windows Mobile works very well. I swear by Missing Sync for my Palm OS devices. MarkSpace sent me a copy to use with my 700wx and it works just like active sync works on Windows. Once you put your device in the cradle, or attach the cable you can have it set to automatically sync. You can sync with Entourage or iCal. It also shows you the strength of your charge while it's charging (I'd like that feature in the Palm OS version). You can mount your device similar to the way you "explore" with Activesync.
    Jimmie Geddes