1.    #1  
    Hello

I have had a 600, 650 with sprint, and now just took advantage of the $299.00 price with Verizon.

I have had the 700w for 7 days and I like it alot (more than the 650) but it is very slow sometimes and locks up a bunch. I did not have too many problems with the 600/650.

I can still give the 700w back and not waste any money (I have 15 days)

I still have my sprint account.

1. Should I get the 700wx? is it that much better?

2. Is there any software upgrades for Mobile 5.0? (it states OS 5.1.195)

3. Is there any way to improve my 700w with the hang ups?

Thanks for your replies...I have read alot of posts tiring to find the answers I seek, but I've been out of the loop for a long time and get lost in the reading.

Thanks again,

Finbox
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    I've never tried the 700w, but I just purchased a 700wx and I love it. The biggest difference is more internal memory and its a bit faster. Probably the best advice I can give you is see if your Verizon signal is any different than your Sprint one. If you get a better signal with Sprint at home and work, switch back. If not, just stick with the 700w and I'm sure in a few months or so Verizon will come out with a version that will be even faster than the 700wx.

Of course, perhaps Sprint would be willing to give you a good offer to come back to them, and its kinda hard to beat the $15 unlimited data with them.
    DJ

"How about I take it to the next level"
    I HAVE both right now....throw the W in the trash compared to the WX
    trash is another man's treasure. i decided to give the 700wx a test-drive and so far not good. i live in metropolitan Los Angeles County and my reception with Sprint is very poor, and i'm at home. what am i trying to say? it has been two years since being with sprint (t600) and i don't think much has changed (for me) in terms of reception/coverage. if i can't call out from home the device is going back and will continue to enjoy the coverage that Verizon offers me even if it is more expensive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gokuruth View Post
    I've never tried the 700w, but I just purchased a 700wx and I love it. The biggest difference is more internal memory and its a bit faster. Probably the best advice I can give you is see if your Verizon signal is any different than your Sprint one. If you get a better signal with Sprint at home and work, switch back. If not, just stick with the 700w and I'm sure in a few months or so Verizon will come out with a version that will be even faster than the 700wx.

Of course, perhaps Sprint would be willing to give you a good offer to come back to them, and its kinda hard to beat the $15 unlimited data with them.
    waiting for a device that may never come out is usually a bad idea.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    My point exactly. Signal is the most important thing. Back a few years ago I was torn between the larger Kyocera 7135 and the smaller but lacking memory slot Samsung i500. I originally had Sprint, but tried Verizon for the sake of extra memory. Long story short, I couldn't get Verizon signal at work at all, so I stuck with Sprint. As cool as a multiuse phone may be, if it doesn't work as a phone, its just a PDA.
    DJ

"How about I take it to the next level"
    For me there would be no question that the 700wx would be the right choice.
    I own the 700w and I am paying the etf to get away from it, if that is any indication. I am going to go to bed now and dream about my future 700wx
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    Is your Activesync constantly running? I had lock up after lock up until I did the activesync fix (set a dummy server, and turn off auto connect). Once I did that, the lockups are gone. I've had a 700w since the day it came out, and I love it.