1.    #1  
    I'm running my 700wx with the Seidio 2400mah battery. Went to bed last night at 11p with a 100% charge; at 7a this morning, charge was down to 18%!!! Swapped to my factory battery before I left for work and am now down to 58% in only 4 hrs!!!

The only thing I have running is ActiveSync (for 4smartphone). Is ActiveSync this much of a battery killer? Maybe I need a car battery
    I get about a little over 5 hours of talk time / internet time on the standard battery. Perhaps your extended one needs replacement.

As for how long your phone lasts it is directly proportional to what you are doing with it. If you have your mail client checking for email every 10 minutes then yah your battery life will be crap. If you are not on the phone or using the net and its down that much then perhaps your phone is defective.
  3.    #3  
    For the overnite 'drain', only ActiveSync was running in support of the email pushes from 4smartphone.

Today, with a fully charged factory battery, I made one 5-min call, sent 1 SMS and read 3 emails pushed to my wx.
    It sounds like ActiveSync to me, making your WX power hungry. I will be getting my extended battery next week and I will report my findings. (I use mail2web)

Have you tried to turn off ActiveSync for a day and report the difference in battery life? ( know it's hard to go without it )
    -Oly
    -Proud Treo 750V (UMTS), 700WX (EVDO) and PPC-6700 (EVDO) owner on the go...

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/oly/sets/72157594244138528/" target="_blank">OLY's GADGET PHOTO BLOG</a
    Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    What about signal level? Doesn't a LOW signal drain battery faster?
    Quote Originally Posted by njchris View Post
    I think so, and you've not got bluetooth on or anything have you? Becuase thats pretty poor, what level is your backlight set to, highest?
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    Quote Originally Posted by njchris View Post
    I think others have found a 1x signal with push email drains considerably faster than EVDO withv push email.

I'm not the epxert.
    Daniel Levin
    levinda13@sbcglobal.net
    After 5 hrs I am 87% full on my extended batery. But I have good EV-DO coverage here @ work. I've received somewhere between 10-15 emails, 1 of which was the today themes I sent to my phone. I have installed a theme, spent about 5 mins on the phone, thats about it. My 700w life was much much worse, and I didn't have EV coverage here, so I have to assume the 2 are related
    Global Posts
    653 Global Posts
    I don't have push e-mail set up, however, I have Outlook check my POP3 every 30 mins. I used the phone all day yesterday, I forgot to charge it overnight and after 24 hours the battery had 57% left. Yesterday I surfed the web, used MSN Messenger, played around, etc. So it's not like the phone was idle all day...

Your phone seems to be draining the battery extremely fast. I'd do what they already recommended, use it without push e-mail and see if that's the issue. If not, call support.
    I have BAD service at the hose and my battery drains QUICK!!!!!!!!!
  11.    #11  
    I made some adjustments to my ActiveSync settings, i.e., set off-peak times to when I usually sleep, and set sync to 'manual' during this period. If this doesn't help, it must be signal strength related (I have borderline coverage both at home and work). I'm not running anyting else that could cause the drain, like BT.
    Global Posts
    653 Global Posts
    I always have my BT radio on, I usually have 1 bar of signal at home and still get the results I posted above with my battery.
    are you in a fringe area? switching from 1x to ev kills batteries