Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    For alarms I have found many users to be happy with GSAlarm and the updated variant AlarmClock. Both are freeware:
    http://www.pocketpcfreewares.com/en/index.php?soft=1326

It's a very loud alarm and from what I understand is very reliable (as well as tiny).

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    For alarms I have found many users to be happy with GSAlarm and the updated variant AlarmClock. Both are freeware:
    http://www.pocketpcfreewares.com/en/index.php?soft=1326

It's a very loud alarm and from what I understand is very reliable (as well as tiny).
    Reliable is nice. Thanks again Malatesta
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny View Post
    Reliable is nice. Thanks again Malatesta
    NP.

I had one user at ppcgeeks who specifically had issues with his 6700 alarms not working. I recommended this and has been good ever since. Personally, I find it easier to manage/set than the system one anyways.

GSAlarm. That is one loud and annoying alarm. This is the app I used on my 6700, never failed me once.

I had to delete it, however.

One morning it went off, and my GF nearly murdered me. The sound will wake the dead.
    Maybe that was the point, so you don't miss your appointments? Can you manipulate it so it goes off while talking on the phone? If so, I think I'm going to install it to tell people when it's time to get off the phone.

Some people just don't get the hint when you need to hang up, unless you click the phone in their ear.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by ericshmerick View Post
    GSAlarm. That is one loud and annoying alarm. This is the app I used on my 6700, never failed me once.

I had to delete it, however.

One morning it went off, and my GF nearly murdered me. The sound will wake the dead.
    that's funny.

yeah, it is loud...nooo doubt.

I've noticed something interesting with calendar alarms on my 700wx. If I set up a recurring weekly appointment with an alarm and set it to alarm me at 0 (zero) minutes, it changes the alarm time to "0 weeks". The alarm may or may not go off for the appointment.

What I have had to do for recurring appointments is to specify 1 minute prior or more for the alarm. That seems to stick and work as it should. Evidently, there is a bug in how alarms are handled for appointment alarms starting at the exact time of the appointment.

Has anyone else noticed this?
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    Bump. Any new news to share? I'm thinking of switching to a WM Treo in a few months. (Still on T650).
    I just switched and WM5 on the treo is 10x better than the last time I used my ppc6600. (Web browsing enough has made it worth it to switch from my 650)
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

A couple comments to those still contemplating a switch from 700p to 700wx. I had to do this 3 months ago.

I was diehard Palm user, but I can never go back.

WM5 is 1000x more stable than Palm OS. My 700p would reset several times a day - the 700wx has never crashed. (knock wood).

The ability to multitask = stablity. Period. It also is also makes for overall faster operations.

Web and email are also faster on the 700wx.

The screen downsize from 320 to 240 is not a big deal...I gladlt trade it for a stable OS.

Sure, sometimes things take afew extra steps, but overall the 700wx is muh better than the 700p. And this is from a 700p "fanboy".

I always said the Treo form factor was the key, and that MS would be on the Treo and take the prize.

Here's to getting productive on the Treo.
    The biggest problem comes when people have the speaker switch TURNED OFF. If that switch is off, you won't hear the alarm!

I had issues with this when I first got the phone. At first I didn't think the alarms were working but then I realized it was my fault! :-)
    Just to update this post, I got a 750 from IT for work and no longer experience the issue of apps shutting down. I'm running StyleTap and cannot believe how well most apps just work. If I can replace SplashMoney and Chatter, my 700p may be done.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny View Post
    Just to update this post, I got a 750 from IT for work and no longer experience the issue of apps shutting down. I'm running StyleTap and cannot believe how well most apps just work. If I can replace SplashMoney and Chatter, my 700p may be done.
    My friend Codyppc turned me on to your chattermail replacement app a few weeks ago.
    When Using Chattermail for my 3 month of P misery Ive found 4SmartPhone to be much more faster and stable.The push e-mail is fantastic.

http://4smartphone.net/
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234