Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Neurack View Post
    You can record voice memos in the Notes program on the 700 series. Just open up Notes, go to Menu..View Recording Toolbar.
    Dude, thanks!

What I don't like about it though is that you have to take the stylus out to record. I liked the feature on the 700p where I had the side button. Just press it and start recording with a couple of clicks. Very useful while driving. But I'll get used to this; it's certainly nice to have. I'll have to remember to save them to SD card!
    Thanks Malatesta for your reply. Items 4-7 are obviously deal breakers for me. I even used my wife's 650 for alarms when I had the 6700. Hopefully these issues are resolved but we'll know more in a few months.

I understand there's a ton of space on the device, but the SD card is very important to me. If I can't run apps off the card without them closing, I'm sticking to the 700p. Again, we'll know more in a few months but I am monitoring the wx board closely.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny View Post
    Thanks Malatesta for your reply. Items 4-7 are obviously deal breakers for me. I even used my wife's 650 for alarms when I had the 6700. Hopefully these issues are resolved but we'll know more in a few months.
    I had issues with alarms on the 6700, but not on my 700w. I do have memaid installed and use it to clean duplicate notifications once every 2 weeks or so. Maybe that is why my alarms work now. I have not missed one alarm on the 700w since I have been doing that. The card used to "fall asleep" on me too, but then I did the activesync fix and that has also solved that problem. YMMV
    That's funny about the alarm. I had several PDA's based on Pocket PC 2000/2003, and very frequently the alarm woudn't go off. I missed a plane in the morning because of that issue. I guess the issue might be with the OS and not the hardware.
    I honestly think it is the OS. I know that even though my alarm has gone off everyday for the past 3 months, I still don't trust it. Had to many bad experiences with the 6700 to trust it.
    I agree it's an OS issue. I am baffled that MSFT can't seem to figure out how to get WM5 to wake for alarms.

After a few nightmare experiences with my 6700 alarm not going off.

Never again will I trust WM5's alarms. I leave that complex responsibility to my $30 Nokia!
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Good question. For the casual user, probably quite a few.

For the hardcore PalmOS users...pride will stand in the way and not many.
    Actually, I would think it would be the other way around... many casual / amateurs users may not even be aware of some of the performance issues on the 700p right now while most power users would be more aware of the differences and the benefits of each platform. I think the issue is confusing a power user with a Palm OS diehard.

My 700p has been doing what I want it to do with little to no problems most of the time (although it is getting a little annoying working around it's "limitations" sometimes) so I'm in no rush to replace it, however, I must admit that what I'm hearing about the 700wx has me tempted to consider a switch a bit further down the road (especially if the 700p's issues are not resolved in the next few months).

Oh, and about the alarm issue, yes, I've experienced that with my old WM2003 PPC. If this hasn't been resolved yet (which is simply shameful) it would be enough to keep me from switching just yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by ericshmerick View Post
    I agree it's an OS issue. I am baffled that MSFT can't seem to figure out how to get WM5 to wake for alarms.

After a few nightmare experiences with my 6700 alarm not going off.

Never again will I trust WM5's alarms. I leave that complex responsibility to my $30 Nokia!
    WM could cure cancer and allow you to skip lines anywhere in the world. If it can't wake me up in the morning EVERY TIME, I'm not going to use a WM PPC phone as my primary phone. (Although I would buy one to cure cancer and skip lines) Based on the posts above, a lot of people think this is an OS issue and not one specific to the 6700's hardware. That's very sad.

Who's going to tell the new smartphone buyer that he needs to buy a $10 alarm clock to go with his $600 do-it-all smartphone and carry it around with him at all times if he doesn't want to miss alarms?
    well, before everyone goes off about WM5 and the alarms...have people been using alarms on the 700wx and what has the experience been?

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    I'm surprised, my WM5 alarms go off every time. But I don't have a 700w or wx.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Alarms and Reminder problems have been going on since WM 2002. From what I remember it has something to do when you soft reset your device. For some reason the Notifications of alarms/reminders can duplicate and become corrupt and this causes them not to trigger.

Now, they say this was officially fixed in WM2003 SE, but I have still encountered the problem every so often. I use pTravelAlarm Wakeup Tweak from Burroak Software. When ever I notice an alarm does not trigger, I run the program and they start working again. I believe there is some other software out there to from ScaryBear that works too.
    Quote Originally Posted by madgalaxy View Post
    Alarms and Reminder problems have been going on since WM 2002. From what I remember it has something to do when you soft reset your device. For some reason the Notifications of alarms/reminders can duplicate and become corrupt and this causes them not to trigger.

Now, they say this was officially fixed in WM2003 SE, but I have still encountered the problem every so often. I use pTravelAlarm Wakeup Tweak from Burroak Software. When ever I notice an alarm does not trigger, I run the program and they start working again. I believe there is some other software out there to from ScaryBear that works too.
    Is that on a 700wx though?

That's what we're trying to ascertain here...how does the 700wx specifically handle it since people want to know before they buy.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Love my Treo to use as an MP3 player. Using Pocket Tunes and with a program called "Headset Control", and able to leave Treo in my pocket, and use the wired headset to control all functions of the music player including pause/play, next/previous track, etc. I love this functionality, and would love to be able to do this with a WM5 based treo. Anyone know how?

Also, use Chatter for email to sync to work and get push emails. If I use Outlook at home, and have Outlook at work, is the WM5 phones able to handle syncing both accounts with contacts, meetings, etc? How would it know what to sync to - can it keep my home contacts separated from my work contacts?

POS does all these easily
    Mine has woken me up every day this week since Monday when I purchased it. Works like a champ.
    bit_bucket
    My 700w alarms work EVERY single time. (Unless, I forget to set them or turn off the sound.

This is in direct contrast with my xv6600 which had many issues with soft resets and duplicate events causing probelms. Used to run ScaryBear evey day, so I naturally loaded it on the 700w when I bought it. After a few weeks of it not finding any duplicate events, I realized it is not an issue on the 700w and I deleted it.
    Daniel Levin
    levinda13@sbcglobal.net
    my 8125 has consistent alarms.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    I was also diehard POS for the past 8 years. Tried a few iPAQs and Jornadas back in the day but couldn't get used to it. However after my Treo 650 took a dive and broke, I decided to look into the dark world of PPC again, as I thought POS was dying out (a lot more PPC devices now than POS). I liked the 6700, got used to it fairly quickly, but the one-handedness of the Treo was gone, nowhere near as easy. Now with the 700wx, I have the good stuff back again, and the compatibility with all my 650 accessories! I couldn't be happier, unless they came out with a flip phone!
    DJ

"How about I take it to the next level"
    It's good the hear the 700w user (for several months now?) say there are no issues with alarms. As long as people don't complain about the device speed tailing off over time like the p (and the 6700 in my experience), I will give the wx a try towards the end of the year.
    Quote Originally Posted by levinda View Post
    My 700w alarms work EVERY single time. (Unless, I forget to set them or turn off the sound.

This is in direct contrast with my xv6600 which had many issues with soft resets and duplicate events causing probelms. Used to run ScaryBear evey day, so I naturally loaded it on the 700w when I bought it. After a few weeks of it not finding any duplicate events, I realized it is not an issue on the 700w and I deleted it.
    Is there a nifty program like Treo Alarms for the pocket pc platform? I love it on my Treo 700p?

Unable to install "on Demand" Any ideas got this error message
    Problem with On Demand failed to download Netcfv2.wm.arm4i.cab.exe (unsuccessful), got this message after the configing “On Demand”

Any ideas on the problem, the tech tried to help but suggested that I contact Handmark.

I have reset the The 700wx once
    Global Posts
    243 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by morningstar1844 View Post
    Is there a nifty program like Treo Alarms for the pocket pc platform? I love it on my Treo 700p?
    SPB Time.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast