1.    #1  
    Anyone been able to use Sprint Business Connect on the 700wx. If so, how does it work/where did you download it from?
    The best way to get full sync on a 700wx is to just use an exchange account. No need for slow business connect.

9.95/month for exchange and you get the full PIM sync of email contacts calendar (push email)

www.themessagecenter.com is my recommendation.
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Younghen View Post
    Anyone been able to use Sprint Business Connect on the 700wx. If so, how does it work/where did you download it from?
    I have it installed on my 700wx. It works as advertised...... pretty fast too!

You can download it from here: https://bc.sprintpcs.com/subscriber/login.stp

Just download the files for the PPC-6700. It will install and work just fine
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
  4.    #4  
    Thanks Fittske,

I've been lurking on this board since before the treo 650 came out, and never knew exactly how helpful everyone really is. I'm using BizCon for my client email account, since i'm already using an exchange setup.
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Younghen View Post
    Thanks Fittske,

I've been lurking on this board since before the treo 650 came out, and never knew exactly how helpful everyone really is. I'm using BizCon for my client email account, since i'm already using an exchange setup.
    You're welcome!
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
    Works great for me. Sprint did a good job on this.
    Hey Younghen, I tried Business Connect but didn't care for it because it:

a) created a 'second' calendar (BizCon) on the 700wx screen instead of using the calendar native to the device

b) created a 'second' inbox (again BizCon) instead of using the native client

In large part I suppose it was an aesthetic motivation; I didn't like the third-party look, the addition of more icons and different sized fonts.

I set up 4smartphone and it's addresses my issues but I'm going to look at the others that have been suggested. Just my thoughts . . .
    You can remove those two items off of your Today screen. I don't like using the Biz Connection Calendar either. I can't set alarms. The e-mail can be used with the built in Outlook, so you don't need to use the Biz Connection on your Today screen.
    Hey Tempest, how do you remove those and set it up to use the built-in Outlook?

Are you talking about Today > Menu > Preference > Today Settings > uncheck items? Doesn't that just stop them from displaying?

Thanks!
    Yes, it stops them from displaying, but you don't need it anyway. E-mail will be in the PCS Biz Connection folder/account of the main Outlook e-mail showing on the desktop, so it will instantly notify you of a new e-mail just like if you were to sync to a POP account.

I assume the Biz Connection runs in the background, so it's not necessary to keep them on screen.
    Some people are behind corporate firewalls or aren't allowed to sync with an exchange server, so this is a better option for them, espicially if you have a historical plan with old pricing, such as included free or five dollars. But if you are adding it new and a consumer the current pricing is 15 dollars.
  12.    #12  
    Exactly, in my case I am a consultant, so I use exchange for the company I work for, vgsmail to get my fastmail account to push, and I need Sprint Business connect for my client email (also exchange and needs a VPN connection with secure fob). I used a combo of chatter and Bizconn on the 650 and 700p.
  13.    #13  
    Are you able to get your email pushed to the device, or is it set to autosync every so often? I haven't been able to get messages unless it autosyncs. Is there something I'm doing wrong?
    Mine doesn't auto sync, it pushes. I use Outlook with MS Exchange. Make sure Outlook is not set to cached mode. You can check this under your account options. I also made sure my Outlook stays connected. You can check this by opening Outlook and looking in the bottom right corner bar. It should say Connected. If it says Disconnected or Offline, you don't have real time access to your mail server and may need to tweak some settings. You don't need to keep Outlook open, just verify that it's working in real time and then you can close it. Biz Connection should do the rest.
    FYI. Sprint released an updated PCS Business Connection. Just downloaded it onto my 700wx. They refined the interface a lot. You can now set alarms/reminders in the Business Connection calendar. I couldn't do that before, so I never used it. I'm going to give it a try and see how well it works.

Edit: Alarms work great. It uses the same alarm as the built in calendar. Minor bug: sporadically, when you update items in your BC calendar, it will disappear from the Today screen. I have to uncheck its display, exit, then recheck it to display for it to come back. I doesn't do this all of the time either. I'll have to see if it continues to do this.
    Last edited by Tempest790; 11/03/2006 at 08:44 AM.