1.    #1  
    I am on this forum a few times a day and just LOVE gathering new info about my 700w.......but now that the WX is here i feel the owners of the 700w's have to veiw a bunch of info about the wx which doesnt really pertain to us and our phones....and as an owner of 4 forums i know what members look for and ease of navigation to find what one is looking for is a must...so when i keep logging on and have to look through a ton of WX posts to find posts for my 700w i get frustrated.....now maybe im being too anal about the situation, and that is why im posting this thread.........so my suggestion would be to make a seperate 700wx forum right below the 700w.......so do my fellow 700W members agree!?
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    I do agree!
    Hm. We could - but I'd rather not. There's just a ton of overlap between the two.

Once things slow down a bit (i.e all the new users) I'll probably try to crack down on moving sprint-specific issues to that forum.

...or are you just jealous that we can talk about running 10 programs at once? : poke:
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by septimus View Post
    ...or are you just jealous that we can talk about running 10 programs at once? : poke:
    hahahaha you crack me up .....i understand that the overlap is there but there are still a ton differences.....even registry hacks are different
    Nice comment Septimus
    Jimmie Geddes
    Quote Originally Posted by happypappy View Post
    .....even registry hacks are different
    actually only a few will be different. 6600/6700 owners from VZ and Sprint have shared reg hacks for years. For the few that are specific they just note it.

I think both should be kept together. It offers a wider pool of support for what is virtually identical phones, with the single biggest difference being the amount of memory.
    Last edited by HobbesIsReal; 09/06/2006 at 05:37 PM.
    I somewhat agree with the OP. The WX is overshadowing the W, at this time. Although once the hype dies down, maybe things will even out.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    I happen to think that other than the RAM, they are almost identical to each other. BUT, right now the wx is the new phone, and its only Sprints second wm phone, so there are a lot of people joining/posting with tons of questions right now. Since I'm coming from a 700w to the wx, I don't have many questions at all (if any), but instead I try to come on here and help newbies get set up.

Before the rumors circulated about this phone, this forum was pretty DEAD. Everyone who has a 700w has been pretty content with the phone, I guess after some time there aren't many questions to ask. And I'm sure the wx threads will die down once the hype does too. As you can see, a lot of the wx owners are coming from 650's and 700p's, so there are a ton of questions to ask.

I haven't had much of a problem searching this forum when I have a specific need I have to address. And I enjoy it when I can help answer a question that I was asking myself a year ago when the ppc-6700 came out. Thats the purpose of this board, to help everyone, and the same in return when you need it. I'm not trying to preach, but this is an Internet message board, which has helped all of us immensely, its not fair to complain when others need help with a different carrier.
    I think it's a great idea in theory to have a seperate thread for the 700wx, but like Septimus said thewre would be way too much overlapping. It seems like the 700wx is getting more attention like lady treo, or the phone diva pointed out due to it being the newest. I think it should remain 700w/x thread.
    Jimmie Geddes
    I think that if people are having issues, they should first search, bc it may have already been dealt with when we all first got the w, instead of creating a new thread. perhaps that would help?
    Quote Originally Posted by lawrence.c.lee View Post
    I think that if people are having issues, they should first search, bc it may have already been dealt with when we all first got the w, instead of creating a new thread. perhaps that would help?
    That's always the issue when new devices come out. Generally I find it's easiest to just answer questions first - a lot of users post a question, get it answered, then slowly figure out how it all works.

but gently reminding folks to search is definitely something we'll want to do.

Speaking of strictly following the forum rules, maybe this should be in the TC forum.
    Both w and xw users will benefit by keeping them together. It is fun reading the questions coming from the Palm OS converts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beryl View Post
    Both w and xw users will benefit by keeping them together. It is fun reading the questions coming from the Palm OS converts.

I agree 100% Beryl. I have been trying to answer newbie questions. Phones are almost identical for practical puposes. Silly to split the forums IMHO.
    Daniel Levin
    levinda13@sbcglobal.net