Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 37
  1. Kash76's Avatar
    Posts
    498 Posts
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
       #1  
    When I tried out the 6700 I thought that it was cool that I could type a 200 character SMS and it would split it into two messages for me 160 + 40. I assumed this would be true on the WX but it's not. Is there a hack to enable this?
    Kash76

    Sprint - Treo 650, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro
  2. #2  
    i would actually like to see this too
  3. #3  
    The extremely antique and widely ridiculed PalmOS does this SMS-splitting for me on my Treo 650.
  4. Kash76's Avatar
    Posts
    498 Posts
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
       #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tastypeppers View Post
    The extremely antique and widely ridiculed PalmOS does this SMS-splitting for me on my Treo 650.
    Ah, my 650 never allowed me to type over 160.
    Kash76

    Sprint - Treo 650, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro
  5. Kash76's Avatar
    Posts
    498 Posts
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
       #5  
    bump
    Kash76

    Sprint - Treo 650, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro
  6. #6  
    Yeah my 650 never did that for me either. hmmm
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodycape77 View Post
    Yeah my 650 never did that for me either. hmmm
    Ugh. Search. GSM vs CDMA people
  8. blile's Avatar
    Posts
    206 Posts
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    #8  
    My Samsung i700 used to do this. A hack would be great.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000 Man View Post
    Ugh. Search. GSM vs CDMA people
    While I would LOVE to agree with you on this... my SPRINT Treo 650 had this feature but my 700p and 700wx both do not. It isn't a limitation of GSM vs. CDMA...
  10. Kash76's Avatar
    Posts
    498 Posts
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
       #10  
    Well the Sprint 6700 does this. There has to be a setting to allow it.
    Kash76

    Sprint - Treo 650, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro
  11. #11  
    Correct Kash... so did the PPC6600, another CDMA (Sprint) phone. Its all in the programing. I am assuming its a registry setting of some sort.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kash76 View Post
    Well the Sprint 6700 does this. There has to be a setting to allow it.
    The 6700 isn't a Treo.
  13. Kash76's Avatar
    Posts
    498 Posts
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
       #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000 Man View Post
    The 6700 isn't a Treo.

    You're a bright guy. They both run windows mobile, what's stopping this from happening?
    Kash76

    Sprint - Treo 650, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kash76 View Post
    You're a bright guy. They both run windows mobile, what's stopping this from happening?
    The company that makes the 700wx. They're called Palm.
  15. Kash76's Avatar
    Posts
    498 Posts
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
       #15  
    Yeah, I'll bet it's a hardware limitation :eyeroll:
    Kash76

    Sprint - Treo 650, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro
  16. #16  
    < < Edited by Septimus > >
  17. Kash76's Avatar
    Posts
    498 Posts
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
       #17  
    < < Edit by Septimus > >
    Kash76

    Sprint - Treo 650, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro
  18. #18  
    Ok... here is the verified facts I have.

    All Sprint phones:

    Treo 600 = NO extended/multiple messages.
    Treo 650 = YES extended/multiple messages.
    Treo 700p = NO extended/multiple messages.
    Treo 700wx = NO extended/multiple messages.
    PPC6600 = YES extended/multiple messages.
    PPC6700 = YES extended/multiple messages.

    I don't know if this is registry side or not... I am not sure at all. But my girlfriends crappy samsung on Tmo can sure as hell do it.
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
    Ok... here is the verified facts I have.

    All Sprint phones:

    Treo 600 = NO extended/multiple messages.
    Treo 650 = YES extended/multiple messages.
    Treo 700p = NO extended/multiple messages.
    Treo 700wx = NO extended/multiple messages.
    PPC6600 = YES extended/multiple messages.
    PPC6700 = YES extended/multiple messages.

    I don't know if this is registry side or not... I am not sure at all. But my girlfriends crappy samsung on Tmo can sure as hell do it.
    You're wrong about the Sprint 650.
  20. #20  
    Ok... you're telling me I am wrong about a phone I used for almost a year.

    My 650 did more than 160 characters...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions