1.    #1  
    Is there any menu or app that will allow me to change the behavior of my LED? I'm finding that it only blinks when I missed an alarm, but not when I have a missed call or even a voicemail! I don't think that this is normal, as others have stated that it blinks for all notifications. It sure would be great to not have to turn on the screen just to see if I missed a voicemail.
    I thought it was red when you don't have service
  3.    #3  
    I haven't been in an out-of-service area yet. I guess the question I should be asking is whether or not the light is even supposed to blink when you have a voicemail or missed call. If not, I guess I'll deal with it since I can't find a menu to control the light. But if it is definitely supposed to blink, then I guess I should exchange mine out for another one.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperNoxic View Post
    I haven't been in an out-of-service area yet. I guess the question I should be asking is whether or not the light is even supposed to blink when you have a voicemail or missed call. If not, I guess I'll deal with it since I can't find a menu to control the light. But if it is definitely supposed to blink, then I guess I should exchange mine out for another one.

No it does not indicate missed calls or vms. Blinking red is no service. Solid red is charging. Blinking green = service and solid green = fully charged
    Daniel Levin
    levinda13@sbcglobal.net
    for those interested, PA (phonelarm) seems able to add LED indication for all of those (vm, text, email, missed call) etc...

At least I can do it with email and sms and have a blinking green led telling me so.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Mine does not flash green as well.
    I also noticed on the demostration video in the review section that the Sprint version does not blink, but the verizon one does.
    Quote Originally Posted by ericroberts View Post
    I also noticed on the demostration video in the review section that the Sprint version does not blink, but the verizon one does.
    Yeah, none of Sprints 700x phones has a blinking light for regular coverage, This was meant as a feature, so you can tell when there is info you need like a missed call or apointment. Unfortunatly the 700wx doesent show missed calls. They will probably fix that in a future bug release.
    bit_bucket
    Just got the wx. Had the ppc-6700, but finally got rid of it. Screen was too hard to read outside and the phone part of the device was not good. The full kb was nice and so was the big screen, but I already prefer the wx over it. Palm has added alot of nice features to it. But one feature that the 6700 had was the flashing led notifications. Maybe this was do to the fact that they had 2 led lights. I do not want to install PhoneAlarm just to have my led flash when I miss a call. I have tried looking at the registry on the 6700 for led notifications, but only thing I could find was an "options" string which just had a number in it. I have tried searching the web for the registry entries needed to flash the led, but have not found anything for the 700wx.
    Has anyone successfully done this? Can you post the registry entries needed?
    Thanks....
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperNoxic View Post
    Is there any menu or app that will allow me to change the behavior of my LED? I'm finding that it only blinks when I missed an alarm, but not when I have a missed call or even a voicemail! I don't think that this is normal, as others have stated that it blinks for all notifications. It sure would be great to not have to turn on the screen just to see if I missed a voicemail.

i'd be interested to know as well. i would like to be able to just see the light to know if i've missed a call or have a v/m, text msg waiting.
    My 700wx only used to blink when I entered an area of no coverage (red). Between last night and today, it's now blinking green all the time.

Anyone have a similar experience? I thought it wasn't supposed to blink at all unless I had no service... curious...
    END OF LINE
    Quote Originally Posted by bit_bucket View Post
    Unfortunatly the 700wx doesent show missed calls.
    this is SERIOUSLY pissing me off. i keep on missing calls from my ex... whom i'm trying to get together with right now... everytime i miss her call, she thinks i'm boinking some $5 hooker...
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyc View Post
    this is SERIOUSLY pissing me off. i keep on missing calls from my ex... whom i'm trying to get together with right now... everytime i miss her call, she thinks i'm boinking some $5 hooker...
    just get phonealarm lite, sheesh.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Alienwhere View Post
    My 700wx only used to blink when I entered an area of no coverage (red). Between last night and today, it's now blinking green all the time.

Anyone have a similar experience? I thought it wasn't supposed to blink at all unless I had no service... curious...
    Mine is the opposite.

I swear it used to blink green all the time when I was in a coverage area. Now it doesn't blink at all.

I'll betting it's Phone Alarm screwing with it.
    Global Posts
    146 Global Posts
    Is your ex like 85 years old? 5 dollar hookers? That was back in the 5 cent coke and 10 cent gallon of gas days!

....and I'm not a marriage counselor but, if you don't get back together with your ex because your not answering your phone I think you're better off.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    This is an old post, but i have a new problem on my 700wx Sprint. I regrettably let Sprint perform an update during a *2 call. Now my LED green light begins to blink religiously at 9-10 AM and makes a connect to network sound a couple times....anybody know what happened? Tried soft reste, Sprint said do hard reset...no way.
    some $5 hooker...
    Phone number? Address?

-Frank