1.    #1  
    At work, we use MS Exchange Server, but they use the Blackberry E-Mail Client and won't support Exchange push e-mail. I downloaded the Sprint Biz Connection client for my desktop and then setup the program on my 700wx. I can say it works like a champ. The Biz Connection shows up as an e-mail account in pocket Outlook. It pushes the e-mail roughly every 5 minutes, so it's not instant, but that's fine for me. I can respond and unlike forwarding, it goes back throught the same e-mail account. Finally, I can compete with all those Blackberries.

It also syncs your calendar too.

Did I mention the software is free! Sprint should put these programs on the 700wx disk.

Edit:

Uhhh. I thought it was free. It's actually $15.00 a month. Nowhere did it say there was a fee. I didn't know until I checked my online plan. Well, I'll probably still keep it as it works good.
    Last edited by Tempest790; 09/06/2006 at 09:52 PM.
    still trying to find a reliable way to check my email on the exhange server at work through my 700wx...direct push is not enabled on our server, and they refuse to do so...IT says get a blackberry...ive found emoze to be buggy and unreliable

so i called sprint about business connection...they told me it wont work on WM5...anyone know anything about this?

Tempest, how did you get it on your device?
    When I tried it before, it ran fine on my 700wx (WM5). I just didn't like it, since it only synced 1 email account. So I quit using it. I now use PushEffect. $20 (USD), which was one time fee for the software, very simple, and pushes email accounts from all my pop server accounts.

EDIT: I'm glad I read this. I just looked closely at my bill and noticed I was being charged for it as well.
    Last edited by crazie.eddie; 04/30/2007 at 03:51 AM.
    If you are looking for a non Push delivery method you could use IMAP to get your corp emails. This will allow you send receive to your mailbox, but not sync anyother data.

And as far as your IT dept not turning on OMA is silly if you have Exchange 2k3.
    According to the Seven website their product supports the 700w.

http://www.seven.com/products/devices/index.html

I am thinking about switching to the wx and use Biz Conn more than any other app on my 700p.

even though your IT folks tell you they don't 'support' the Exchange push email stuff, you may still be able to use it.
    Answer this one question - does your company use OWA - Outlook Web Access? If so then you're 99% of the way there.

Answer that and report back - if you do use OWA I'll put in here the very simple and fast steps to get EAS (Exchange ActiveSync) working instantly on your device. And IT will be none the wiser.
    I have a 700p through Sprint. My company uses MS Exchange AND supports Outlook Web Access (OWA), and also supports Blackberrys. They say they don't support Treos or ActiveSync or IMAP. I can't believe that there's no way for me to get my work email wirelessly other than through the web browser, which I can do but its not really viable on the small screen. Cingular offers "Blackberry Connect" but I'm not on Cingular. Sprint offers Business Connection Personal, but I don't understand if that will work for me, or whether its likely to violate common IT security policies. So far I can't find specific information. Anybody have any advice?
    JohnnyMac suggests OWA capability is all that's needed if you know how to take advantage of it fully, but sounds like more details are needed. Can you (or anybody) tell me how?
    i'd like to know as well
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    I'm also in the same predicament... I used Biz Conn for a couple of years on my 650, but now I'm trying the Mogul with WM6 and while we have OWA available, the only push devices supported by IT are Blackberrys. I wouldn't mind continuing with Biz Conn, but I can't find it on the Sprint website for download... any other suggestions other than those already mentioned?

EDIT: N/m... after a little searching, I found the link to Biz Conn on the Sprint site. After re-registering, I was able to download both the client and phone software.

http://www.sprint.com/business/produ...onal_tabC.html
    Last edited by JStu313; 06/25/2007 at 05:40 PM. Reason: Found link to Biz Conn after all.
  10. TM00216
    I have used the PCS Bussiness Connection since my 650 too. Love it. I purchased the Treo 755p and the software works about 60% of the way. Sprint has no date on when they will update the softwaer for the 755p. I have been looking into other options. I have tried EMOZE, but it can't get passed my proxy server. I have the same issue as many of you, my company only supports those darn BlackBerries. Does any one know of a different push client software that can be installed on the workstation?
  11.    #11  
    Make sure you check into using the Activesync Exchange server. Our MIS department says they don't support this since they use the Blackberry connect. But guess what? It's turned on by default, and I receive my e-mails through the Exchange Server. HA!

My Exchange Server is set to the companies web URL for Outlook Web Access. Give it a try, you may luck out.

The only kicker is that I have to leave my PC on with Outlook running or it won't update. Small price for push e-mail, and it's free.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Thanks Tempest... I have tried using the Active Synch Exchange server, but I get an "Error Synchronizing" message when I try to Send/Receive. I have Outlook closed on my PC at working running Biz Conn, so I'll have to try it again on Thursday when I get back to work to see if it makes a difference.

As an update... (even though I know this is a Treo forum, some may be curious) with WM6 on my HTC Mogul, I AM able to send/receive e-mail with Biz Conn, but any items I delete from the phone will NOT update on the server. Seems strange since I never had that problem with my 650. So as it stands now, any message I delete first from the phone has to be deleted a second time once I get back to my PC or use OWA.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JStu313 View Post
    I'm also in the same predicament... I used Biz Conn for a couple of years on my 650, but now I'm trying the Mogul with WM6 and while we have OWA available, the only push devices supported by IT are Blackberrys. I wouldn't mind continuing with Biz Conn, but I can't find it on the Sprint website for download... any other suggestions other than those already mentioned?

EDIT: N/m... after a little searching, I found the link to Biz Conn on the Sprint site. After re-registering, I was able to download both the client and phone software.

http://www.sprint.com/business/produ...onal_tabC.html
    So Business Connection works on the Mogul? I just upgraded from a PPC6700 to the Mogul and didn't think to see if they had a Business Connection client for it yet. I love Business Connection and am wanting to continue using it. Did you just download the client for the PPC6700?
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GusRandall View Post
    So Business Connection works on the Mogul? I just upgraded from a PPC6700 to the Mogul and didn't think to see if they had a Business Connection client for it yet. I love Business Connection and am wanting to continue using it. Did you just download the client for the PPC6700?
    Yes, I downloaded it for the 6700 and it's working, though still not 100%. The only hiccup I'm finding thus far is the deleting of email issue I described above... I'd be interested to hear if you're able to get it working.
    Question on Sprint Business Connection: OK, I understand that it works (though I don't understand how it works), but my question is does it violate typical corporate IT security policies? Can anybody explain why it does or doesn't? For example, if I have to give Sprint my corporate password, that's verboten. If Sprint gets my email as an intermediary, that might be a problem too. What are the mechanics here, and what do they imply for corporate ethics?
    Last edited by Blaze46; 07/30/2007 at 04:21 PM. Reason: (add title)
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    I'm an IT Administrator working with a Sprint 700p and Business Connect Personal Edition. Everything syncs fine except for his personal contacts in Outlook. His e-mail is setup using Exchange 2003 which works fine along with his calendar events. I've been on the phone with Sprint, with a very nice lady for roughly an hour. We've reinstalled the client on both ends to no avail. I'm beginning to think its an issue with Outlook with it not sharing personal contacts with other applications. Any ideas?

As a temporary solution, I hotsynced his contacts from his computer to his phone but it'd be lovely to have BizCon working 100%

Thanks,
    Michael
    I've FINALLY been able to sync to our corporate Exchange server (see my posts above for the specific details of my situation). I DIDN'T need Sprint Business Connection. It turned out all I needed was to change a setting in the standard VersaMail email program that originally came w/ my Treo 700p, and to understand that it was syncing through my company's Outlook Web Access URL. Everything works great (syncing mail, contacts, calendar, but not tasks) except for the autosync feature (which works fine on my gMail account, but not my Outlook/Exchange account). That's ok, though, I can live without that easily enough. Can't believe I could've been doing this a year ago if I'd spent just a little more time on brute-force experimentation, at least if I'd not been pointed in a bad direction by one of the company IT folks. As an aside, the final detour that led me back to VersaMail was testing out ChatterMail (and its Ex plug-in), which should have worked for me but didn't. Chatter seems to be in a transitional state, and there's probably an interesting story out there about it, but I don't think its on the bulletin boards just yet.
    Last edited by Blaze46; 07/30/2007 at 04:22 PM. Reason: (add/edit title)