1.    #1  
    Does anyone use and know if Photo Contacts Pro works right with Pocket Informant, SPB Pockey Plus/SPB Diary and/or Cntact Breeze installed?

It seems like a real good program, but it seems to integrate into the Treo heaviny and was wondering if there were issues or problems if those other 3rd party software are installed... (I know SPB diary does somethign with picture contacts).

Thanks
    Mike
    I think spb diary has photo contacts built in.
  3.    #3  
    Yes but Photo contacts pro has more features Lik individual assignment for ringones and other things for each contact.

Anyone know if there would be conflicts running diary or pocketbreeze and photo contacts pro
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeRadio View Post
    Yes but Photo contacts pro has more features Lik individual assignment for ringones and other things for each contact.

Anyone know if there would be conflicts running diary or pocketbreeze and photo contacts pro
    I will test photo contacts pro and pocket breeze for you. Did you want to run it in a custom tab?
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    I will test photo contacts pro and pocket breeze for you. Did you want to run it in a custom tab?
    That is good of you... aas I didnt put Pocketbreeze in, I dont know much about it yet....

Yes I suppose try a custiom tab or run freeform!

Thank you mobilman for testing......

If youc an test it with SPB Diary as well that would be great (as I am also copnsidering that instead of Pocket Breeze.. which do you like better?)

Thanks

Mike
    actually, just looking at photo contacts pro, I noticed its a stand-alone program thats not a today plugin. Therefore, neither pocket breeze or spb diary should matter at all.

As for which I like better, thats a tough one. Both are awesome programs with great support. PB gives you alot more customization and skins, while diary integrates very nicely with pocket plus and spb weather. I currently use PB.
  7.    #7  
    But do Pocket Breeze and Photo contacts pro do the same thing??

Photo contacts pro lets you custimize ringers and silent etc for each caller....

Mike
    I'm checking this app out for its ringtone capabilities (per contact, per category, unknown caller etc) and some basic call filtering capabilities... for some reason even though I've assigned a photo contact in the app and I can see it in the app, when the phone rings, it doesn't display the picture, but the ringtone plays as assigned and their full screen caller ID displays, but with a ? in the picture area...anyone else using it successfully? This is on a 750 btw.

EDIT: Disregard, realized I had duplicate contacts which was causing the problem...
    Last edited by scottymomo; 02/05/2007 at 08:11 PM.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    I just started playing with photo contacts pro myself. I am not sure how much I like it. It doesnt seem to be stylus free (no dpad nav) & there is a delay when a call comes in until the picture shows up (5 seconds or so).

Making outgoing calls through the app doesnt display the larger caller ID photo either (though that might be hard due to the native phone app needing to be seen).

Overall, I am not as impressed as I thought I would be.

I just wish there could be a larger photo. Thats all I really want anyway.
    Pocket Breeze and Sbp both do the same thing. They are no where what Photo Contacts Pro does. Pocket Breeze and Sbp Diary are today plugins, which display your appointments, tasks, notes, and special events (birthdays & anniversaries) on the today screen. Sbp Diary has an additional feature to display contact lists. I tried, and later bought Pocket Breeze. I later found out about Sbp Diary. I also tried it better. I actually like Sbp Diary allot better, becuase it is better with 1 handed operation. Pocket Breeze has plenty of things to configure, but I found myself not understanding what some of the configuration settings were. Sbp Diary was easier to configure. The only thing I like about Pocket Breeze is the icons to select what app you want, is a little nicer. Sbp Diary is kind of dull. But that was minor, since I love the 1 handed operation. It also integrates with Sbp Weather. Another plus about Sbp Diary is if you have a new email message, it will display itself on the events for today.

Photo Contacts pro is, a contacts manager, I believe. It will allow you to setup a special ringtone for each contact, as well as a photo for each contact. The nice about Photo Contacts pro is if you setup an photo and when that caller calls, the image is displayed large enough on the screen, which can easily be seen.

I used Sbp Diary and Pocket Breeze together and switched between them in my todays screen, so I can compare them. Once I determined that Sbp Diary was my choice, I removed Pocket Breeze. Since Photo Contacts pro is a totally different app, it should no way interefere or cause a conflict with either Sbp Diary or Pocket Breeze.

EDIT:
    Well, I finally caved and got Photo Contacts pro. I love the caller ID, since it takes up the whole screen. Therefore, it's easy to see who is calling at a distance. You can also set ringtones for each caller. It's also working well with Sbp Diary.
    Last edited by crazie.eddie; 04/17/2007 at 11:53 AM.
    The best SPB products is Mobile Shell and Backup. The Diary isn't all that great. Contact Breeze isn't a good app either. I like Mobile Shell because you use your finger tip for everything.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    Check out Inesoft Address book..I think it's better than PhotoContacts Pro

www.inesoft.com

Inesoft Addressbook looks nice. I'm trying out Inesoft Addressbook along with Photo Contacts Pro. Inesoft Addressbook is basically a Pocket Contacts replacement, therefore, it's a little more of a resource hog compared to Photo Contacts Pro. Photo Contacts Pro is only about 1Mb (Storage), while Inesoft Addressbook appears to be about 4Mb (Storage).

Inesoft Addressbook

Pros:
    1. Nice interface. A nice change in the interface, compared to the boring Pocket contacts.
    2. Replacement for Pocket Contacts, which contains more information
    3. Vibrate with escalating ringer option
    4. Today screen plugin

Cons:
    1. Takes up more space, estimated about 4Mb storage
    2. No ringer profile. If you're in a meeting, you have to select/unselect categories/contacts you want to reach you and you have to also select the ringer seperate.
    3. Today screen plugin. Not necessary since the lookup field on WM5 shows up once you start entering a contact name.

Photo Contacts Pro

Pros:
    1. Simple interface
    2. Caller ID interface, which utilizes the Pocket Contacts database
    3. 1Mb storage space used
    4. Ringer Profile. If you're in a meeting, select meeting and ringer will be set and only allowed callers/categories will go through, if you allow it.
    5. CallerID screen customizeable. You can have photo with phone number or even include caller details.
    6. Allows storage card for photo storage.

Cons:
    1. Interface too simple, screens take up too much space.

Conclusion
    My preference is towards Photo Contacts Pro, since it provides a simple CallerID app. It also has a nice and easy ringer profile and the app only takes up 1Mb of storage space.
    Last edited by crazie.eddie; 04/17/2007 at 10:10 PM.
    ce, Inesoft does have caller ID functionality and different profiles (if you enable the caller ID stuff and access the settings from the today screen system tray...and found when running takes up a lot less memory (checking processes running with memmaid to compare)...

scratch the part above about profiles...but at least you can disable the ringer or set it silent relatively easily...caller I'd screen is also customizable in the latest beta (I'm using an iPhone skin someone created)

I thing I forgot to add, Photo Contacts Pro works in conjuction with Pocket Contacts. Inesoft Addressbook is basically a replacement for the Pocket Contacts.
    Yeah, it is a replacement but uses the same database which is nice..the other nice thing I liked about Inesoft is that for picture caller ID it uses the photos stored in the contacts app whereas photo contacts pro requires you to set up those pictures all over again, so if you have contact photos stored in contacts, you don't have to do anything to get them to display bigger on caller id.