1.    #1  
    Is anyone having problems with the 700wx and Sprint Connection Manager? I can't seem to get it to connect. I think I have everything installed just fine, but when I try to connect by clicking "Go" it will say "Connecting" for about 30 seconds, and then will say "Disconnecting..." and give me the following error message:

Unable to connect. Dial-up networking error #678 has occurred.
    The remote computer did not respond. For further assistance search the Windows Help and Support Center for this error number.

I am able to connect via EVDO directly on the phone, so I know I have data service.

Anyone have any ideas?
    I have had that issue also....It may be a signal issue with the phone... or somethign else.. It eventually worked like a champ
    If you dont have phone as modem plan on your account, its probably the issue.
  4.    #4  
    No, I do not have the "Phone as a Modem" as part of my plan. Can anyone else without the "Phone as a Modem" option verify that they get the same error?
    As this feature is in the manual, I would figure it would be included. I too have the same issue Denik. No clue how to resolve it. Guess I will call Sprint and see if I can figure this out.
    So if I understand you are using Sprints phone as modem connection program on the desktop without enabling Sprint phone as modem in your service plan. I think sprint would set that up to not work.

To tether without paying an extra 40 bucks a month you would have to use the program pdanet..

I apologise if I have misunderstood the situation.
    Funny...I just loaded Sprint Connection Manager on to my laptop a few hours ago for the first time....when I clicked GO...everything worked fine.... I mean the speed meters were working and everything...BUT I did not leave it hooked up for long.

I was in a hurry to leave ... so I just hit STOP and turned off my laptop.

Will certainly try it again tonite and let you know my findings.
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesRitter View Post
    So if I understand you are using Sprints phone as modem connection program on the desktop without enabling Sprint phone as modem in your service plan. I think sprint would set that up to not work.

To tether without paying an extra 40 bucks a month you would have to use the program pdanet..

I apologise if I have misunderstood the situation.
    I know way to many people using the 700wx as a tethered modem without the plan so I doubt that is the case unless a quirk in the setup happened. I will call support when I am awake and Sprint's tech support is onhand.
    Quote Originally Posted by technomancer View Post
    I know way to many people using the 700wx as a tethered modem without the plan so I doubt that is the case unless a quirk in the setup happened. I will call support when I am awake and Sprint's tech support is onhand.
    Let me get this strait now.

You are going to call Sprint to tell them that you want to tether without a tether plan (PAM). And you think they can help you figure out how to do it?

Again, I apologise if I am misunderstanding you but this is getting more and more goofy!!!

If you want to tether without a tether plan (phone as modem), just use pdanet!

I know you can set up a connection without pdanet, but like 5% do that because the ordeal is difficult without pdanet.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    It seems to me this error may be caused when activesync is running. I don't have problems as long as I make sure activesync is stopped on my laptop and on my treo.
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesRitter View Post
    Let me get this strait now.

You are going to call Sprint to tell them that you want to tether without a tether plan (PAM). And you think they can help you figure out how to do it?

Again, I apologise if I am misunderstanding you but this is getting more and more goofy!!!

If you want to tether without a tether plan (phone as modem), just use pdanet!

I know you can set up a connection without pdanet, but like 5% do that because the ordeal is difficult without pdanet.
    What he/she said.