Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Dear God I love MultiQuote.

Quote Originally Posted by dbarrett5381 View Post
    I noticed in your review that you said you didn't like how the message sent dialogue popped up when you sent a message. You do know that you can fix that with a registry edit, right? If you don't I can post what you have to do to fix it. That was the most annoying thing about my 700w. Luckily I was able to fix it with the registry edit about 2 sms's after I got it.
    I did find that, yes. I'll hopefully be writing an article about tweaks soon. in the meantime, anybody looking to tweak the registry need only do a search for HobbesIsReal's excellent 700w FAQ posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    [...so many good answers from this user!...]
    Thanks Malatesta!!

Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal View Post
    Dieter, nice review. I thought it was very well balanced with a solid base in reality (which is surprisingly hard to find often times) and very informative with the helpful eye to every day use.
    Aww. I'm blushing.

Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    What does it take to send a simple text-message using the 700wx?
    Open messaging, type in a name, scroll down, type message, type send
    or in the today screen, type a name, scroll down to the phone #, hold down the center button, click Send Text.

very simple. All this talk about a lack of threaded SMS sorta hides the fact that SMS is still much better and easier than on most phones.
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by athreya View Post
    thanks. someone else told me that you can SMS and email voice notes but cant MMS them! Would you mind checking this feature for me? Will take you just a few mins i guess?
    So far as I know, the only option is to email voice notes - but I'm not sure off the top of my head how this works. Will add it to the list of stuff to test.
    I miss the option to add smilies on the spot in SMS.
    Quote Originally Posted by septimus View Post
    Open messaging, type in a name, scroll down, type message, type send
    or in the today screen, type a name, scroll down to the phone #, hold down the center button, click Send Text.

very simple. All this talk about a lack of threaded SMS sorta hides the fact that SMS is still much better and easier than on most phones.
    Good to know. Thanks a bunch.
    Hello guys!
    I am new to Treo Smartphones, but after being a Sprint customer for the last 8 years and owning just regular flip phones with basic access to Sprint Vision, I decided to give it a shot to your beloved Treo. It is hard to understand why I haven't got envolved yet in this technology, especially since I am an IT professional, and spent most of my time reading about and working on software and hardware, but I kind of made up my mind two days ago when I visited the Sprint store. I have always been a Windows fanatic, and I am aware of its downs too, therefore I am thinking of buying the 700wx instead of the Palm OS version, but is the wx defenitely better than the p version?
    Before I finish my long "contribution" to this thread, I want to thank Septimus for such a great review on the 700wx -simply the best one out there, and I really did my homework researching on this device, and for the oportunity given in this website for many "gurus" out there to help and educate "rockies" like me on this -what seem to be- one of the best Pocket PC Phone in the market.
    Suggestions for sub-topics? I got a few for any of the experts on this phone:
    1. A list of the best -simply de the best- accesories for this phone out there.
    2. A list of the best -again- freeware, shareware, or paid applications for this phone in the market. I know that it can be very subjective, but you never know, someone out there -ME!- might benefit from this list.
    3. Available hacks, hacks, and more hacks to customize this device to our needs instead of sticking to what Sprint wants.
    Thank you again and keep up with this forum.
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tico View Post
    1. A list of the best -simply de the best- accesories for this phone out there.
    2. A list of the best -again- freeware, shareware, or paid applications for this phone in the market. I know that it can be very subjective, but you never know, someone out there -ME!- might benefit from this list.
    3. Available hacks, hacks, and more hacks to customize this device to our needs instead of sticking to what Sprint wants.
    Thank you again and keep up with this forum.
    Hi Tico - thanks for joining!

Unfortunately, there are no universal answers to any of your questions - "the best" is actually better asked as "the best for my needs." So I'll have to answer your question with another one: What do you need a smartphone to do?
    I just got the 700wx and it was stated that text messages can not be sent to tmobile subscribers but my brother and i have been texting back and forth. Has there been an update that fixed that issue?
    The SMS problem you're referring to has been fixed in the latest ROM build on the newest 700wx's, at least that was my understanding of it... so if you just got it, the patch most of us applied by hand has been written into the system already.
    END OF LINE
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12