1.    #1  
    Has anyone been able to order a Treo 700WX with a SERO plan, people in Business sales seem to be the only ones who know what a SERO plan is, yet after 5 calls this morning all are saying that they are not showing the Treo 700WX as available to order??? Someone help me!!
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    I signed up for SERO a few weeks ago, and got a PPC-6700. I'm still within my first 30 days, so I was able to call CS and get them to exchange the PPC-6700 for the 700wx. It should be here in a few days. It isn't up on the SERO website yet, so you could either wait for it to be there or go through the hassle I did. It took me multiple calls to finally get someone who knew what they were doing, but they gave me a straight up trade-in.
    Device: Sprint Touch
    Accessories: Jawbone 2, 6GB Sandisk miniSD
    Editor: www.mobilegadgetnews.com
    Same experience for me. Ordered through the SERO website on 9/1, got my 700p on 9/5, tried to exchange it through the SERO retailer, but it was a no-go since the 700wx was not available at the time of my order. So a call to retentions explaining what I got and what I want, and she offered to do a straight exchange for the 700wx. It's supposed to have shipped today, but I'm not so sure about that--there's a $650 credit on my Sprint account, instead of the $650 charge that should have occured (followed by a credit once I return the 700p) makes me think it wasn't input properly.

She seemed very willing to help me out since the SERO plan (which neither she nor I identified as such) was better than any plan she could offer.
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    It turned out to be not as simple as I thought. The rep I spoke with last night apparently didn't actually put the order through. I spend 2 hours speaking with just about every Sprint department there is, along with the InPhonic customer service (I really hate India outsourcing of customer service). I was finally able to get the second retentions rep I spoke with to put the order through for me, but did have to pay the $50 price difference. That means I was still able to get the 700wx for only $370 on the SERO plan.
    Can somebody tell me what a SERO plan is and should I get one please? Am I still able to get one?
    ...This ain't a phone or a PDA, It's a way of life!
    for all your multimedia needs, it's gotta be Starrwulfe Ltd!
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    Read the first post in this thread for details on the SERO plan, or do a search here for SERO. Tons of results come up.
    Last edited by smeg36; 09/06/2006 at 10:00 PM.
  7.    #7  
    sPRINT.com/sero
    Quote Originally Posted by smeg36 View Post
    It turned out to be not as simple as I thought. The rep I spoke with last night apparently didn't actually put the order through. I spend 2 hours speaking with just about every Sprint department there is, along with the InPhonic customer service (I really hate India outsourcing of customer service). I was finally able to get the second retentions rep I spoke with to put the order through for me, but did have to pay the $50 price difference. That means I was still able to get the 700wx for only $370 on the SERO plan.
    Did they explain what the problem was?

I called Sprint last night to get a tracking number. The guy in CS said that while the notes "showed" the order was placed, he did not have any information about tracking or even an order number (which was never provided to me). He told me to just wait until Friday, and if I don't get it, call back so they can "investigate" it. Is that because Retentions works differently than CS? Or did I encounter the same problem that you did?

I'd really like to get my phone before I fly out of town Friday...
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    Well, in my case the rep never even placed the order. They even called the warehouse for me to confirm no order was placed. From what they told me last night the order can take a few days to show up with a tracking number on your account. The way I know the order was placed was because of the credit to my account. The first time I tried to get it there was no credit to my account. Now there is. I'm going to call later to see if the tracking is available yet.
    Credit or a charge? Because I have a credit for $650, but the rep told me it would be a charge first, then a credit when they get my old phone back... Man this is strange. Maybe I'll get lucky and it will be a) waiting for me at my door, or b) a nice little sticky.

Good news is, I guess, that Sprint told me they send all their shipments out next-day.
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    It was a credit to my account for $600. I don't quite understand why it's a credit. It seems like it should be a charge. I think it's the credit to cover the cost of the phone so you don't get charged at all, even while waiting for your replacement to get back. The credit is only supposed to be there for 10 days, then it is automatically removed. If you don't return your old phone in the 10 days there will be a charge for the 700wx. If you do the credit will just be removed.
    Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    im about to signup for the sero with 700p and when i received my phone i'll call back and ask for 700wx...