Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1.    #1  
    Is there an application like Documents To Go for WM5? Will the makers of Documents To Go make a version for WM5?

    Sheila
  2. #2  
    I think you have to use the Windows Mobile Office apps that come with the 700wx. I know many people prefer Documents to Go over the included version.
    Jimmie Geddes
  3. #3  
    You don't need it. Its a Microsoft product thus includes mobile versions of Word, PowerPoint and Excel. Everything works natively.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by ericshmerick View Post
    You don't need it. Its a Microsoft product thus includes mobile versions of Word, PowerPoint and Excel. Everything works natively.
    Ahem... Let's not forget to discuss the loss of formatting if you have any complex formatting in your documents. Both DTG and PE/PW ...suck... IMO. I just want to make sure no one goes into this thinking "Wow, MS OS, it'll be like Word and Excel on the go". Don't get your hopes too high. And if you're going to edit docs on the go, email yourself the edited version from the Treo first to see how much formatting you've lost.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
  5. #5  
    I know some of you pos guys like keeping thing the same but for me I didn't like dtg when I had the 700p. maybe that's cause I'm a wm kind of guy.

    wm and activesync creates a folder called something like "treo documents" on your pc desktop. you can put stuff in that folder anytime on your own. you can create new folders, move, erase, rename, ect the folders in the "treo documents folder" at anytime. the next time you sync everything is on your phone. it goes the other way as well. anytime you change anything in you my documents folder on your treo it will be changed on your pc. this is for ms items as well as audio and video files.
  6.    #6  
    [QUOTE=skfny;1079260]Ahem... Let's not forget to discuss the loss of formatting if you have any complex formatting in your documents. QUOTE]


    That is the one of the main reason I want an application like Documents To Go for WM5. I can view any document on my PDA and the formating is retained and the text sized to fit the screen. Also there is no left to right scrolling, except for tables; even than it's done with left and right arrows, not a scroll bar.

    Sheila
  7. #7  
    When I owned the Q for a minute (lol), I was also looking for these types of programs for SPOS. I remember coming across a few document viewers for wm5. I believe one was called repligo. Do a search on handango, or other similar sites, I'm pretty sure you will find a couple. And remember, if they are not better than pe/pw, then they wouldn't be there at all
  8. #8  
    Well it is true that complex formatting doesn't work while mobile. DTG may work well, but Microsoft realized that small mobile devices aren't the greatest for making complex changes, etc. Basic changes to a document seem to work fine for most users due to the difficulty viewing serious formulas/etc on the tiny screen.

    More capability is a great idea, but I doubt DTG is planning on releasing software that the majority of users will not need.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    I know some of you pos guys like keeping thing the same but for me I didn't like dtg when I had the 700p. maybe that's cause I'm a wm kind of guy.

    wm and activesync creates a folder called something like "treo documents" on your pc desktop. you can put stuff in that folder anytime on your own. you can create new folders, move, erase, rename, ect the folders in the "treo documents folder" at anytime. the next time you sync everything is on your phone. it goes the other way as well. anytime you change anything in you my documents folder on your treo it will be changed on your pc. this is for ms items as well as audio and video files.
    I found it also constantly deleted files and never kept the files synced between two computers. Documents to go did that perfectly.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by ericshmerick View Post
    Well it is true that complex formatting doesn't work while mobile. DTG may work well, but Microsoft realized that small mobile devices aren't the greatest for making complex changes, etc. Basic changes to a document seem to work fine for most users due to the difficulty viewing serious formulas/etc on the tiny screen.

    More capability is a great idea, but I doubt DTG is planning on releasing software that the majority of users will not need.
    Agreed. As I said, I think both DTG and PE/PW are pieces of crap. Both lose formatting even when you're not working on the part of the document that has that particular formatting. They're nice for small files, but I would never use them to make edits to a file I received via email. And if you're viewing only, isn't PicselViewer included with the wx?
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
  11. #11  
    Textmaker is a fully functional word processor for Windows Mobile. They have an equivalent version for Linux and Windows.
    http://www.softmaker.com/english/tmp_en.htm

    Surur

Posting Permissions