1.    #1  
    I was just thinking about getting a 700p since I've had my 650p for almost 2 years and I still get several resets per week, especially if I leave the web browser open and someone calls.

Anyway, last night I called Sprint retentions and the best deal I was offered was $400 for a 700p. I came on here and then I see that there is now a 700wx for Sprint So, tonight I will shifty on down to the local Sprint store and hope that they have one in stock to look at.

A few questions, and I apologize if these have been asked already.

On my 650p I have Snapper Mail. Is there a version of Snapper for the WM5 platform? Failing that,then am I right in thinking that the 700wx comes with some version of outlook? Does the version of outlook that comes with the 700wx handle IMAP email? I host my own email and it's IMAP based.

I don't have too many other apps on my 650p so wouldn't be losing too much, just some of the games But I suspect that there are plenty of games for the WM5 platform.

Does MSN messenger work just fine on the 700wx, or GAIM? just curious

Thanks in advance. It's a bugger trying to decide which one to go for.

Oh yeah,one final note. It appears that the bluetooth on the 700wx is better than the 700p, is this correct. I haven't been overly impressed with bluetooth on the 650p but I do use it alot in my car. I have an Audi A6, so anyone who has an Audi A6 and the 700wx I'd love to hear from you.

Again, many thanks.
  2.    #2  
    Just checked the snapper website and it states that the 700w is not supported, so I suppose that means that the 700wx is not supported either

Bugger that.
    Quote Originally Posted by davetati View Post
    On my 650p I have Snapper Mail. Is there a version of Snapper for the WM5 platform? Failing that,then am I right in thinking that the 700wx comes with some version of outlook? Does the version of outlook that comes with the 700wx handle IMAP email? I host my own email and it's IMAP based.
    There is no snapper mail, but Outlook Mobile handles IMAP like a champ.

Does MSN messenger work just fine on the 700wx, or GAIM? just curious
    MSN is built-in. for AIM you'll need to download a separate client. I like VeriChat for it.

Oh yeah,one final note. It appears that the bluetooth on the 700wx is better than the 700p, is this correct. I haven't been overly impressed with bluetooth on the 650p but I do use it alot in my car. I have an Audi A6, so anyone who has an Audi A6 and the 700wx I'd love to hear from you.
    If you lend me your Audi I'll test it for you.

so far as I know the bluetooth on all the 700 series Treos is the same. better than on the 650, but not racially so.
    I have an old version of AOL for pocket pc. When I had the 6700 it worked fine on it, I'm interested to see if it will work on the 700wx. The version of AOl included aol mail, instant message, filing cabinet, and web (I'm pretty sure it just opened IE) haven't used it for a while.
    Jimmie Geddes
  5.    #5  
    Thanks for the feedback Septimus, that was very helpful

Looks like I might have to switch over to the 700wx instead of the 700p.
    I'll upload the AOL here later if anyone wants to try it out.
    Jimmie Geddes
    The AOL mobile software was designed for WM2003 and doesn't support the WM5 softkeys. In fact the softkey command bar hides the menu options that are suppose to be at the bottom of the screen so you can't get full functionality out of it. Instant messaging will work however. fyi
  8.    #8  
    Well, I went down to the local Sprint store last night and they didn't have any 700wx's in Bummer, I was hoping to get a good look at it Oh well, guess I'll have to keep looking around.