1.    #1  
    Directory Assistant has been my most valued POS app for years. I'm charging my new 700wx, and already miss it. Is there a freeware (or inexpensive) shareware equivalent? I know Handmark includes this in their suite, but I don't want to pay a subscription fee.
    I haven't found one..... Ive been using this url http://m.yp.com/mysearch.php
    Quote Originally Posted by neill View Post
    Directory Assistant has been my most valued POS app for years. I'm charging my new 700wx, and already miss it. Is there a freeware (or inexpensive) shareware equivalent? I know Handmark includes this in their suite, but I don't want to pay a subscription fee.
    How about an exact port?

Directory Assistance (yes, it's free too)

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Cool,,,, do you have a link to the framework?
  5.    #5  
    Thank you SO much!! (I love this place.)
    Quote Originally Posted by notjpr View Post
    Cool,,,, do you have a link to the framework?
    Get it HERE

(scroll down to the bottom)

Install on Card or main mem...don't matter with SP1.

Works perfect, thanks a ton
    I tried that software, nice, but no 5 way nav; frustrating.

I use http://us.wap.yahoo.com/p/search as my mobile home page. It's like the famed Google search. You type in Pizza hut 60615 (for example), and it pulls up the listing and phone number, you can dial it from the page, etc. If you click on the listing's link, you will see a small map of where it is and a link for Yahoo! mobile driving directions. Just put your address in (address city state; or: address zipcode), and it will pull up directions. I found it to be super fast to use, especially for numbers. I like it better than doing the SMS search. Best wishes!
    Quote Originally Posted by lawilson2 View Post
    I tried that software, nice, but no 5 way nav; frustrating.

I use http://us.wap.yahoo.com/p/search as my mobile home page. It's like the famed Google search. You type in Pizza hut 60615 (for example), and it pulls up the listing and phone number, you can dial it from the page, etc. If you click on the listing's link, you will see a small map of where it is and a link for Yahoo! mobile driving directions. Just put your address in (address city state; or: address zipcode), and it will pull up directions. I found it to be super fast to use, especially for numbers. I like it better than doing the SMS search. Best wishes!
    Do me a favor: drop blade an email or leave a brief review on his site. He's a great guy and will make changes if you ask for them! The more of us who do that, the better it'll get.

Aweomse, this has to be one of the best apps. Now if we could only get Marc to port chatter to Windows Mobile Wishful thinking.
    Jimmie Geddes
    The 700wx comes with "on demand," which does the same thing. Not sure if THAT exact function is free, but I hope it is!
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    How about an exact port?

Directory Assistance (yes, it's free too)

Does this program give the option of "Adding to Contacts?"
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by MHR View Post
    Does this program give the option of "Adding to Contacts?"
    I was wondering weather 5-way has been added.

Meanwhile, I've been using Google Local text: 46645