Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Folks, I have been playing with voice commander a little bit today, and find it fascinating! Does anyone know of any webpage code, link, etc. that I could place in the file system in order to have VC open a web page directly? For example, i would love to be able to open the local traffic web site by just saying "start traffic" or something like that. Thanks in advance, and any help is GREATLY appreciated!
    If you save a shortcut to the web page, and put it in the \windows\start menu\ programs folder, you will be able to launch it by name.

So yes, its possible and relatively simple to do.

Surur
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Thanks, Surur, for your advice. I did place a single URL into a blank word document, then saved it as traffic.htm. VC recognizes the file, and opens Internet Explorer, but does not go to the site listed in the file.
    Is there some special HTML tag or code that I need to place around the file to have IE open it automatically when the file is opened? Thanks so much again, for your help!
    Instead of making your own shortcut, copy one from your favorites at \Windows\favorites and copy it to your start menu\programs directory.

You can rename the shortcut to a shorter and more manageable name also.

Surur
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    I have tried just what you suggested, and have created a new shortcut to the website that I wish to open on the memory stick with Windows XP, then moved it into the program files directory. Voice commander recognizes the shortcut, and opens Internet Explorer, but I only get as far as the Palm portal opening screen. If I click on the link in File Explorer, it opens up the site. Any other suggestions as to how to make this work, as I'm sure that most of us would love to open up favorite web sites by voice command. Thanks again in advance!
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Any other suggestions, or should I just give up? Are there any HTML tags that I need to place around my URL in order for it to go straight to the URL? Please advise, and again, thanks!
    OK, I have actually tested this:

Take the text below, put it in a text file. rename it news.lnk, put this in your windows/start/programs folder and try to run it with voice command. It should work.

1#:MSPIE http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/low/world/default.stm

Surur
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    OK. I give up. I have spent hours trying to make this work. I have tried the precise syntax, even the text that you have used, and I can create a URL, that when touched with a stylus, opens up the desired website. Voice commander will start up IE, but will only get as far as the palm opening page, and will not go on to the correct website. I have even opened up IE to the palm page, then attempted to execute with VC the traffic.url file. I only get as far as the opening IE Palm page. Any other suggestions would be very helpful, thanks!