Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I ordered mine on Friday and had so many problems, I still don't have it. I ordered through retentions w/over night shipping and was told I'd get it today. I still don't have it, retentions told me tonight if it doesn't get shipped out tonight they will make sure it goes out tomorrow, they said they pulled a phone from the wearhouse for me to make sure it goes out this time. I am expecting to get it thursday now. Has anyone had this much trouble?? Palm does "real overnight shipping", but I had to stick with sprint for the great discount they gave me. Has anyone ordered from Sprint and received their phone? Sprint told me it's a very popular phone and is currently on backorder. They reassured me that they pulled a phone from the warehouse for me to be shipped tonight or tomorrow.

I know you can get it from some sprint stores, I just want to hear from people who did what I did. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by JimmieGeddes; 09/07/2006 at 07:08 PM.
    Jimmie Geddes
    well considering yesterday was a national holiday nothing got shipped out until this morning no matter if you ordered it friday or yesterday. Sprint uses UPS and they dont pick up Sat., no sundays, and monday were closed for the holiday so they werent picked up from Sprint until this morning to ship. Which means delivery tomm (wed) is the next day shipping they promise. This happened the same way when the 700p came out over a holiday weekend with a monday holiday. No one got them until wednesday.
  3.    #3  
    I am really hoping Sprint ships mine tonight and I get it tomorrow. I'll be able to live with getting it Thursday if I have to,lol. Got a 700p keeping me company.
    Jimmie Geddes
    I ordered one from Telesales and then canceled the order and bought from a Sprint store. It showed up at my office today much to my suprise. I'm going to wait and see if they bill me for it then decide what I want to do with the extra one I have.
    I do belive that thursday some business people were able to order. if not thursday for sure friday. this is how you (jimmy) and I were able to get ours order through retentions friday even though telesales and the whole system thing didn't show it available. I finally got the retentions rep to tell me that business customers were allready ordering it and these orders wpuld be before mine come tuesday shipping. he said it was a possible 10's of thousands of phones that were before me and even though mine was ordered didn't mean mine was getting shipped tuesday for sure. I called at around 2pm and asked for the tracking number. thay said order showed " in progress but not quite shipped. who knows when. I have never seen a release like this where you coulf get it in the stores a week before telesales. even considering we went through a runa round with retentions to keep us from orfering sunday.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    I orderd mine Friday night. Of course, there was no shipping going out over the holiday weekend. I called today and Sprint CS confirmed that the unit has shipped. I did not do overnight so I am expecting the Treo on Thursday.

It's bugging me though because I feel like I was among the first to order (on Sept 1) but sooo many people already have it, and I want mine!!

Oh well, I guess I had one in my hand at a Sprint store on the 1st, but I turned it down for a shot at a retentions deal (which actually paid off pretty well). Thursday will be a good day
    Got my overnight tracking number. Ordered mine from Palm and am getting it tomorrow.
  8.    #8  
    Retentions is supposed to get in touch with me this mnorning letting me know what's up. My order showed "in progress" for days. I was told they pulled one from the warehouse, I'll report what happens. I hope I get it today or tomorrow.
    Jimmie Geddes
    I ordered one yesterday via Sprint.com with a new line. I am hoping to get it by the end of the week... I hope.
  10.    #10  
    I just got off the phone with retentions, they were able to get my 700wx out last night. They gave me my tracking # and UPS is out with the delivery. I'll have it this afternoon
    Jimmie Geddes
    Well after 24hrs with no follow-up email to my web order I called sales and gave them my confirmation number. They quickly processed my order and gave me a $25 credit. She said it should ship tomorrow and I should have it Friday!
  12.    #12  
    Mine is waiting for me at home
    Jimmie Geddes
    You have someone to sign for it?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    i just got home an mine was there as well. no one to sign for it. thay just left it on the porch. crazy
    There is always someone at home here... ME...seeing I work from home!
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    i just got home an mine was there as well. no one to sign for it. thay just left it on the porch. crazy
    That's why I hate having to use FedEx, they do that! I'm surprised UPS started doing that too! It's so easy to get your stuff stolen!! It's well worth the hassle of calling them to set up a delivery time when you'll be there.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    I have a release signature on file with Fedex and UPS for them to leave all packages at my door. That way I never get that dreaded sticky note
    I'd rather get a sticky than no merchandise at all. I have called to set up a time when I get those. Are you in a suburban area where the homes are spaced apart a bit? That's probably better to do that in those types of locations. Because in the city, too many people walk by and if they leave packages where everyone can see...
    Even in an apartment, your stuff may not be safe from sticky fingered tenants.

OOHH NOOOOOOS!!!

I just got my brand new 700wx.. um, wait, why does the manual say 700p?!?!? NOOOOOO!

They screwed up. What a fiasco getting them to fix this problem. No I can't just go to a local Sprint store and exchange it. I had to cancel my perfectly good order which plainly said 700wx on it and reorder. Then get credited for my last order and give back the 700p. 2 hours on the phone.
  20.    #20  
    I leave a note with my signature asking them to leave it. Sorry you got a 700p instead of the 700wx, I've heard this happening to a few people. I remember when the 700p was first shipping some Verizon people were shipped 700w's.
    Jimmie Geddes
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast