Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Can anyone share some experiences of this? Im sitting on a decision and am unable to determine coverage from the maps.
    onlinecare.cingular.com/coverageviewer/
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetluva View Post
    onlinecare.cingular.com/coverageviewer/

thanks. as i mentioned in my post, actual on the ground experience varies from what is shown in the map i what im told. thus im trying to find someone who is using it on the ground.
    your experience will vary from others even in the same town unless you guys go to the same places all the time. Your best bet is to do a trial for both.
  5.    #5  
    i am hoping someone can verify their experience around this area which is a popular business and shopping area.
    I did speed testing in Tysons Corner using Verizon EVDO and it was the best signal and fastest download rates in the NVA area. It tested in the 800 to 900+kbps range. If Sprint shares the same towers I would expect the same from them. I'll have the 700wx in a few days so I'll know for sure then.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    I did speed testing in Tysons Corner using Verizon EVDO and it was the best signal and fastest download rates in the NVA area. It tested in the 800 to 900+kbps range. If Sprint shares the same towers I would expect the same from them. I'll have the 700wx in a few days so I'll know for sure then.
    thanks a TON! i will buy or NOT buy only after hearing from you. My primary use is Skype. If it is not inconvenient, can you please check Skype usage with EVDO in the Tysons corner area? thanks
    Is there any particular spot in Tysons that you want me to test?
  9.    #9  
    i live inside the Rotonda. At the intersection of Greensboro and International Drives.

Btw im astounded to learn that Sprint shares Verizons towers? i thought one of the reasons Sprints network is so fast is because they have new, less congested towers?
  10.    #10  
    did you geta chance to check it?
    Unfortunately they sent me a 700p by mistake. I gotta wait till tomorrow to get my 700wx now.
  12.    #12  
    Got it?
    still at work. It should be sitting at home waiting for me. I hope
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    still at work. It should be sitting at home waiting for me. I hope
    working so hard on a fri eve when a new treo is waiting at home?
    Didn't matter since the phone isn't here yet.
  16.    #16  
    did you get it?
    I just got it a few hours ago! I'm already very impressed with the Sprint EVDO speeds. I'm doing side by side tests with my 700w vs 700wx in my house.

700w: ~300kbps
    700wx: > 1mbps consistently!!!

I'm using the 1mb download test at dslreports.
    I'll try some tests in Tyson's Corner tomorrow night and let you know the results there. So far I'm a happy camper.
    Quote Originally Posted by athreya View Post
    Can anyone share some experiences of this? Im sitting on a decision and am unable to determine coverage from the maps.
    I work near the Gannett/USA Today building and I average:

800k - 1MB download
    60 - 80k upload

Phone: Sprint 700p
    Also using the 1MB download test from DSL Reports and never once has it dropped below 800k download speed while in the Tyson's area.

This was measured in my building on Jones Branch, The Gannett/USA Today cafeteria, Tysons Galleria Mall and Fuddruckers.

Hope this helps,

DREi
  19.    #19  
    thanks a lot.
    I'm sitting in the parking lot across from the Rotundra running some tests. I dunno if Sprint EVDO is having issues tonight but my tests are coming out between mid 200 to high 300 range.

Watching TV via Slingplayer is crystal clear however with streams up to 500k.

I also tested Skype dialing my other Treo and it works and sounds very good. No noticable lag over the normal cell lag.

VZW speeds here range from 400 to 500kbps.

Hope this helps.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast