1.    #1  
    Would appreciate if you can test out the following for they are important apps:

1. Skype on EVDO and Wifi: Hows the voice quality and latency?

2. SMSing and emailing voice rec audio notes: Can quick say one min long voice notes be recorded and either SMSed or emailed to others or regular email accounts?

3. How good is Direct Push? Is the experience comparable to blackberry?

4. Can someone try MSN Video Conferencing on EVDO?

Grateful. thanks a lot.these are key apps for my purchase decision and on whether to go with 700wx or with Cingular UMTS/ HTC Tytn or treo 750.
    I know Skype works great with 700w/wx, the latest beta release is buggy though but this is skype problem. I still use the Skype 2.xxx.51.

Direct Push works great. I see my email pop on my Treo before my desktop.

I have not tried MSN video conferencing. Does it work on WM5?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by bm_masri View Post
    I know Skype works great with 700w/wx, the latest beta release is buggy though but this is skype problem. I still use the Skype 2.xxx.51.

Direct Push works great. I see my email pop on my Treo before my desktop.

I have not tried MSN video conferencing. Does it work on WM5?

thanks. VC can work through MSN software. btw have you tried skype yourself and if so did you do it with EVDO or wifi? Is there any latency in either?

Would you mind trying to SMS and email a voicenote and see how it works and whether you can hear it on a regular email account? I have severe tendonitis, thanks to excessive Blackberry usage and thus am exploring this option for sending shorter emails which is what 50% of our correspondence is anyways.

So does Direct push support all features of BB? i.e. if you send from handheld does it show up on the sent mail of main email account, deletions etc?
    direct push is simply an exchange account using activesync. it has full sync to the exchange account so yes -- all sections of your email account are syncd like a blackberry.

same with the calendar notes todo.
  5.    #5  
    thanks. can you try out 1 and 2?
  6.    #6  
    im surprised no one is able to report on skype usage on a 312 processor and its quality. Nor about the voicenotes. Where are the gurus who already have the 700wx?