Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1.    #1  
    Alright, damnit, ya'll have just about convinced me to get the 700wx (malatesta, your posts don't help ). I am looking at the Palm site...they have it for $649 (ouch) with free overnight shipping ("usually arrives in 2-3 days ). I am sure Sprint telesales has it for a similar price.

    Where is everyone buying it from? I am in a contract, and just got my 6700 4 months ago, so no discounts there.

    Is returning a phone (defective, etc) bought from Palm's site a headache? With Sprint, you just go to the store. Is the same true with one purchased from Palm?

    Thanks.
  2. #2  
    I've actually had more trouble trying to return phones to Sprint stores than I have with Palm's online store.

    Also, right now you can get a 1GB MMC card free with the WX if you order from Palm's site AND you get free overnight shipping.
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by ericshmerick View Post
    Alright, damnit, ya'll have just about convinced me to get the 700wx (malatesta, your posts don't help ). I am looking at the Palm site...they have it for $649 (ouch) with free overnight shipping ("usually arrives in 2-3 days ). I am sure Sprint telesales has it for a similar price.

    Where is everyone buying it from? I am in a contract, and just got my 6700 4 months ago, so no discounts there.

    Is returning a phone (defective, etc) bought from Palm's site a headache? With Sprint, you just go to the store. Is the same true with one purchased from Palm?

    Thanks.
    lol...sorry. hey, it's a great phone, what can I say?

    I'd go with Palm: if there is no Palm store in your state, you'll save on tax (that added like $50 here in NY) and you get free shipping. Why not? I guess the only downside is you can't get "right now" but they ship pretty fast from what I hear.

    Plus you get a 1gb SD card for free!
    http://web.palm.com/promos/treo700wx...mh=dm13.117593

    not bad.

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    lol...sorry. hey, it's a great phone, what can I say?

    I'd go with Palm: if there is no Palm store in your state, you'll save on tax (that added like $50 here in NY) and you get free shipping. Why not? I guess the only downside is you can't get "right now" but they ship pretty fast from what I hear.

    Plus you get a 1gb SD card for free!
    http://web.palm.com/promos/treo700wx...mh=dm13.117593

    not bad.




















  5. #5  
    hehe...don't like the temptation do ya? Come on...what were you going to do with that $650 anyways? lol

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    hehe...don't like the temptation do ya? Come on...what were you going to do with that $650 anyways? lol
    Grrrr. I just bought one.

    Anyone know if there are any new ramen flavors out lately? I'm sick of the Chili Lime and Chicken ones...
  7. #7  
    If anyone else reads this buy from Palm. I ordered my 700wx Friday night w/ overnight shipping through Sprint retentions, I still don't have it. I was told it's "a very popular phone and is on backorder". I got a very good price, well below $649 through retentions so I can't complain too much. I was just told by Sprint it "should" go out tonight or tomorrow at the latest. If you want it right away go through Palm, they really do ship overnight
    Jimmie Geddes
  8. #8  
    Also be careful with verbal agreements with Sprint, I've noticed that they have somewhat of a tendency of being forgotton (the deal doesn't turn out to be what was agreed upon). I'm not sure it's feasable to get everything in writing...
  9. #9  
    Exactly, I got the run around and went right to retentions again tonight. It's funny what they'll do if you tell them you are gonna go to Verizon, they'll give u an awesome price to keep you, but think they can then give you the run around, not with me I called tonight and went to retentions again, and they are supposed to fix things. We'll see. but I think they will after what I said to them tonight.
    Jimmie Geddes

Posting Permissions