Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 36
  1.    #1  
    Anyway to do this? I used keyshades on the 700p & 650.
  2. #2  
    in your backlight setting you can select how long before backlight is shutoff. you also have a setting in power to turn device off, which is really just a standby mode. the backlight setting I think while in call is just dimmed but could actually be all the way off. nevertheless it is where you'll save the battery.

    cody
  3.    #3  
    I may be wrong, but isn't this to turn both the keyboard backlight and the screen off? I'm trying to turn only the keyboard lights off by pressing a certain key or something, like kblightoff or keyshades for POS.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    in your backlight setting you can select how long before backlight is shutoff. you also have a setting in power to turn device off, which is really just a standby mode. the backlight setting I think while in call is just dimmed but could actually be all the way off. nevertheless it is where you'll save the battery.

    cody
    Yeah but it would be nice to disable just the key lights during the day. The do take up unnecessary power and every bit counts on these devices.

    It should be able to be done.

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  5. #5  
    If there is a way to do it I haven't found it. It is definitely a needed function.
  6. #6  
    I'm not sure on this one, but check the "registry tweaks" thread
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Yeah but it would be nice to disable just the key lights during the day. The do take up unnecessary power and every bit counts on these devices.

    It should be able to be done.
    my 700wx has a photocell that senses if its day or night and turns the keypad light on or off when need. (lol) funny thing is my old out of date nextels had this on it and this $700wx doesn't. I mis understood the question before. I see what you guys are saing now. coming from the 6700 we didn't have this problem. infact we had a hach to keep the keypad on longer. it would dim after 10 second. i'll check the registry.
  8. #8  
    Yeah no kidding Cody. I have an old Motorola and it has a light sensor in it. I believe I paid $29 for it.
  9. #9  
    Palm OS treos had a free program that used the internal camera as a light sensor exactly for this purpose...lol.

    i never used it, like most Palm programs, it caused more harm than good. still the intention was worthy.

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    my 700wx has a photocell that senses if its day or night and turns the keypad light on or off when need. (lol) funny thing is my old out of date nextels had this on it and this $700wx doesn't. I mis understood the question before. I see what you guys are saing now. coming from the 6700 we didn't have this problem. infact we had a hach to keep the keypad on longer. it would dim after 10 second. i'll check the registry.
    This is the only thing that light up my 6700s keyboard.
  11. #11  
    I'd like to know if there was indeed a hack for this.
  12.    #12  
    Or maybe there is a hack to dim the keyboard as the screen dims (so not completely off, just the same brightness level as the screen). I find it hard to believe that the 700w has been out for so long and nobody has wanted to turn off the keyboard lights.
  13. #13  
    I posted a request over at pocketmax's board (developer of PhoneAlarm) to see if he can incorporate this into PA and/or make a small standalone program.

    http://www.pocketmax.net/smf/index.php?topic=2891.0

    please voice your opinion as he'll only do this if he hears that people want it!

    tia

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  14. #14  
    I sent the developer the same request a few months ago.
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    I sent the developer the same request a few months ago.
    generally, his policy is if 5 or more people agree to it on a request thread, he'll do it (sometimes he changes that number, but he usually has one)...so if you could re-post that request, it'd be great.

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  16. #16  
    yep, already posted.
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    yep, already posted.
    w00t! we're up to 2

    come on people! lets keep it going...

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  18. #18  
    Bruce of PhoneAlarm:

    Hi,

    Put it on my "maybe" list - but as I don't have a device not much chance to play with this!...
    I volunteered to test for him.

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  19. #19  
    Put me down for wanting a stand alone app to control keyboard light.
    Daniel Levin
    levinda13@sbcglobal.net
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by levinda View Post
    Put me down for wanting a stand alone app to control keyboard light.
    no no! you have to post over there at bruce's forum! he won't see this here but he's noticed that thread at his place...

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions