1.    #1  
    Are there any good apps that allow you to setup multiple today screens?
    Quote Originally Posted by Katahdin View Post
    Are there any good apps that allow you to setup multiple today screens?
    PocketBreeze and SPB Diary both allow you to choose from a number of tabs:

-appointments
    - contacts
    - meesaging
    - special events
    - tasks
    - notes
    - launching tab (SPB Pocket Plus or iLauncher for example), which is purchased separately

You can choose as many of these or as few as desired. They both offer mucho customizations and are now both adept at one handed use, if desired (D-pad).

Both are very similar, so I would suggest trails of both and make a personal choice.

Of course the primary purpose is to get much better info and function (appointments, for example can be seen for anywhere from 1-20 days and with different colors, notes, layouts, enter from Today screen, etc,...) than one normally gets out of the standard Today screen integration with outlook.

However, your use I have found to be a "bonus". I have Pocket Plus launch icons as a tab in Pocket Breeze. Works great and allows D-pad one hand use of the Pocket Plus icons! I believe SPB diary does the same.

I highly recommend anyone with a PPC phone get one of these programs. Again, note the launch tab, (Pocket plus, iLauncher, etc...) must be purchased separately. This is a "must have" IMHO.
    Daniel Levin
    levinda13@sbcglobal.net
    what I think your after is wisbar advanced desktop. this allows you to have different todayscreens that can have completely different stuff on them that you can change to with just a push of a button. the others mentioned above just change the background of the today screen leaving all the plugings the same.

wisbar has free trials, but can be complicated setting up. wisbar advanced desktop is $10 but requires wisbar advance which is another $10. looks good though.

cody
    Daniel... or anyone else...

I am tossing around these programs but dont want to get ones that do the same thing or worse will cause conflicts with each other...

From what your post says it seems SPB Diary and Pocket Breeze are similar....

With that being the case, what does SPB Pocket Plus do that those do not....

You seem to be using Pocket Breeze with Pocket Plus... wouldnt the 2 SPB products work better together....??

Which do you prefer also.. Pocket breeze or Pocket Plus and why?

Also.. Pocket Informant looks great and It looks like this is JUST for Pocket Outlook and doesn't do much for the desktop it loosk like right?

Sorry for all the questions but I came from a boring palm world (since I got rid of my Jornada awhile back).

Mike
    Do these apps (i.e. Pocket Breeze or SPB Diary) display well on the small sqare screen? There just doesn't look like there is much real-estate on the wx. My 6700 displays these "today" screens very well...
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeRadio View Post

I am tossing around these programs but dont want to get ones that do the same thing or worse will cause conflicts with each other...

You seem to be using Pocket Breeze with Pocket Plus... wouldnt the 2 SPB products work better together....??

Also.. Pocket Informant looks great and It looks like this is JUST for Pocket Outlook and doesn't do much for the desktop it loosk like right?

Sorry for all the questions but I came from a boring palm world (since I got rid of my Jornada awhile back).

Mike
    OK Let's take a step back.

Pocket Informant or Agenda Fusion are PIM replacements for Outlook. They do a lot more. I personally don't use either, since neither are that great for one handed use and I don't really need them. (I hear PI integrates better on the Treo 700 though)

Pocket Breeze and SPB Diary are today plug-ins that are enhancements to your today screen. They will integrate with any PIM you choose to use... Outlook mobile, Pocket Informent, or Agenda Fusion. Both prgrams allow tabs on your today screen for appointments, tasks, messaging, etc... PB does not come with a contacts tab (you have to buy contact breeze as well for that, but it is cheap), while Diary does have the other tabs and contacts.

Pocket Plus, iLauncher, Battery Pack Pro are utilites that each do some things similar to each other and some different. They all allow customized icons to be put on the today screen to launch files or apps. It has other functions as well (close apps rather than minimize, rask bar battery indicator, and more), but here we are concentrating on the today screen launcher.

Both PB and Diary also allow other existing today plug-ins, such as PocketPlus or iLauncher to be added as custom tabs. In this way, you can have both kinds of plug-ins exist without scrunching them onto one small square screen.

SPB does make both diary and Plus, but PB and Plus also work together, and that is what I use. Both PB and Diary recently became one handed for those who choose to avoid the stylus.

Asking if one prefers Pcket Breeze or Pocket Plus is not the right question as they are apples and oranges. The question is does one prefer PB or SPB Diary. Another question is does one prefer Pocket Plus or iLauncher. Another is Pocket Informant or Agenda Fusion.

All the above apps have trials on handango.com, so you can read the descriptions and try them.

Yes there is less real estate on the treo than say the 6700, so you see less appointments in PB, for example, without using the d-pad or stylus to scroll down more. That's the trade off we make for the exposed keyboard.
    Daniel Levin
    levinda13@sbcglobal.net
    Forgot to mention a screen space saving tip.

At least on the 700w, you can hit the right soft key on today screen and hit
    >preferences> and check "hide lookup field"

That removes the lookup contacts bar, but the lookup from today still works!!!

Also, because of the treo lookup function from today, I do not use the contacts tab in PB (which I said cost extra), nor would I use it in Diary. On other PPC devices I would use that tab.
    Daniel Levin
    levinda13@sbcglobal.net

Mike
    OK Let's take a step back.

Pocket Informant or Agenda Fusion are PIM replacements for Outlook. They do a lot more. I personally don't use either, since neither are that great for one handed use and I don't really need them. (I hear PI integrates better on the Treo 700 though)

Pocket Breeze and SPB Diary are today plug-ins that are enhancements to your today screen. They will integrate with any PIM you choose to use... Outlook mobile, Pocket Informent, or Agenda Fusion. Both prgrams allow tabs on your today screen for appointments, tasks, messaging, etc... PB does not come with a contacts tab (you have to buy contact breeze as well for that, but it is cheap), while Diary does have the other tabs and contacts.

Pocket Plus, iLauncher, Battery Pack Pro are utilites that each do some things similar to each other and some different. They all allow customized icons to be put on the today screen to launch files or apps. It has other functions as well (close apps rather than minimize, rask bar battery indicator, and more), but here we are concentrating on the today screen launcher.

Both PB and Diary also allow other existing today plug-ins, such as PocketPlus or iLauncher to be added as custom tabs. In this way, you can have both kinds of plug-ins exist without scrunching them onto one small square screen.

SPB does make both diary and Plus, but PB and Plus also work together, and that is what I use. Both PB and Diary recently became one handed for those who choose to avoid the stylus.

Asking if one prefers Pcket Breeze or Pocket Plus is not the right question as they are apples and oranges. The question is does one prefer PB or SPB Diary. Another question is does one prefer Pocket Plus or iLauncher. Another is Pocket Informant or Agenda Fusion.

All the above apps have trials on handango.com, so you can read the descriptions and try them.

Yes there is less real estate on the treo than say the 6700, so you see less appointments in PB, for example, without using the d-pad or stylus to scroll down more. That's the trade off we make for the exposed keyboard.
    Daniel Levin
    levinda13@sbcglobal.net
    Daniel,

You have been a tremendous help.

Thanks for taking time out of your evening to write such a great review.. simple and consise and informative..

I am much clearer now.. and it really helped... Instead of me having to install and uninstall....

Thanks so much... and I suppose all of these need to be installed ON the unit.. not on the memory card to function properly

Mike
    Daniel,

You have been a tremendous help.

Thanks for taking time out of your evening to write such a great review.. simple and consise and informative..

I am much clearer now.. and it really helped... Instead of me having to install and uninstall....

Thanks so much... and I suppose all of these need to be installed ON the unit.. not on the memory card to function properly

Mike
    Yes, these apps (Pocket Breeze, SPB Diary, Pocket Informant, Agenda Fusion) need to be installed to the main memory. Especially Pocket Breeze and SPB Diary (b/c they are on the today screen). Any app that displays information on your today screen should always be installed to the main memory. The reason why is they access data when you turn the screen on. if they are installed on the card, your device will most likely lock-up b/c of the latentency of transferring data from the card to your device. Your device will wake up before the data can be transferred, resulting in a "lockup" or "DSOD" (dark screen of death). Basically, it will create headaches.

The PIM programs (Agenda Fusion/Pocket Informant) should also be installed directly to device memory since they interface directly with the PIM databases.

It is tough going from Palm to Windows Mobile. I was the most cluless of all, but now I am fluent in WM5 and hacking the hell out of the devices. Give it time, it'll come!
    Thanks Eric.... I was SO tempted to give back this WM5 device... I mean really.. I still can't figure out why in palm I can set different volume levels for different alert tones, and here I have ONEE level on the 700wx for everything?? Why cant a volume level go on the configuration screen for each alert notification on the drop down..? Unless I am missing something...

So Eric and Daniel.. I am really stuck between SPB Diary Or Pocket Breeze. It seems Diary is updated more, and says works good with DPAD... It is more complete with contacts (although the device has it anyway on today screen)... It says it integrates wqith Pocket Informant which I will be definitely getting.... However, Pocket Breeze seems to have more integration items with tasks and other things that Diary does not. Pocket breeze also seems to have a nicer looking interface (not a big deal).

Anyway.. is there one of those 2 you or someone can reccomend? Does one or the other actually HAVE better DPAD non touch screen navigation? I will be using it with SPB Pocket Plus....

Anyway it is apparent SPB and SBHS totally copy each other on the features in many respects... but which is better... which came 1st.. and which progran is better with the 700w(x)...

Thanks

Mike