Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Just talked to retensions and they basically told me i could go ahead and cancel. I've never tried to work out a deal with them and this really surprised me from everything I have read online. I mentioned the sero plans and that they seemed to value new customers more than my loyalty. I have been a sprint custoemr for 3+ years.

Any tips?

Line 1:

Fair and Flexible 800 ($70)
    Night and Weekend at 6pm ($10)
    America Roaming ($5)
    Unlimited Text Messaging ($10)

Lines 2-4
    Shared Minutes ($10)
    Unlimited Text ($10)

Monthly Total ~ $170.00

I've had my handset for over 24 months, but they said I changed my plan last july so I am not eligible for a rebate. The other handsets are all about 14 months old, but I'm not as interested in upgrading these and I told her that. I just wanted a rebate/deal on a 700wx and the plans upgraded to current levels and have some sort of data included. Am I being unreasonable?

Thanks for any help.
    Quote Originally Posted by wotan View Post
    Just talked to retensions and they basically told me i could go ahead and cancel. I've never tried to work out a deal with them and this really surprised me from everything I have read online. I mentioned the sero plans and that they seemed to value new customers more than my loyalty. I have been a sprint custoemr for 3+ years.

Any tips?

Line 1:

Fair and Flexible 800 ($70)
    Night and Weekend at 6pm ($10)
    America Roaming ($5)
    Unlimited Text Messaging ($10)

Lines 2-4
    Shared Minutes ($10)
    Unlimited Text ($10)

Monthly Total ~ $170.00

I've had my handset for over 24 months, but they said I changed my plan last july so I am not eligible for a rebate. The other handsets are all about 14 months old, but I'm not as interested in upgrading these and I told her that. I just wanted a rebate/deal on a 700wx and the plans upgraded to current levels and have some sort of data included. Am I being unreasonable?

Thanks for any help.
    This may sound funny, but I bet if you call again and get a different rep, you may get a different answer. I'm being completely serious.
    Daniel Levin
    levinda13@sbcglobal.net
    ^^^ I concurr^^^

I used to work for these jokers... The reason I stay is because if I never talk to customer service, I never have issues, and a fat discount on my plan from when I was a service tech...

Im in the same boat though-- I'm wondering what I can do to get Retention to get me a 700wx too-- I was told in February that the 700w would NEVER come to Sprint which is why I got the 6700... My company decided to use straight Exchange Push and go with Verizon Qs instead of blackberrys, but I wanted to stick with a full PDA. But after having to live with the 6700 for 6 months, and knowing that the 700wx will do what I want, Im ready to change... Plus my contract is up in November...
    ...This ain't a phone or a PDA, It's a way of life!
    for all your multimedia needs, it's gotta be Starrwulfe Ltd!
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Well they did offer me the $150 rebate on the phone, and the $100 mail in rebate, but he couldn't get me any other discounts.

I've also talked to them 3 times and none of them want to do anything about my plan. The best they can offer to do is tack on another $15/month for power-vision for the treo.

Soooo aggravating that "new customers" are getting plans for less than half of what I currently pay that have more options.
    I was going to say call again as well. some reps do a better job of actually retaining. remember that your previous call will be there as notes for the new rep to read. don't lie just tell them how you feel. good luck.

just to let you know it can be done. I signed with sprint in january. got the 6700. in june I called retentions and got the 700p for $399 and then just saturday I called again and got the 700wx for $399. I can be done. a little trick is if you get a rep that doesn't seem to be working with you, while you are talking to them hang up. when you call back say you got disconnected. I know dirty trick.
    you can certainly do better with the plan - I have been a Sprint customer for 8 years, but only had two lines for the past 4. I rolled those into one Family plan (1500/$90) and added an additional line. I got N&W's starting at 6pm and 500 text msgs all 3 lines for free and I have Vision on my Treo for free. Plus I have a 10% loyalty discount. I have had great luck just emailing eCare with a request. Try eCare and see what happens - or keep calling retentions as per above.
    ...well they'd better do something... I've been with sprint since 1998-- my first phone was a sony that had a jog wheel and was twice as big as my current cordless phone-- I forget the model #. Since that time I've had about 10 phones with them, most of those smart phones and I've never bought my phone with a rebate on it.

How do I email ecare BTW? If I can't go this route then I'll be calling them tonight.
    sign in to your Sprint account online and then click "Contact Us". That will take you to a page and you will see a link to eCare. I would suggest that you type out what you want to say in a text doc, then cut and paste into the Sprint online format. That page will timeout pretty quick - yet another little trick they pull! You will know if your request went through when you get a conformation email about an hour after you hit send.
    My experience with retentions today:

Called and got someone who said I was now a new customer and would have to go through telesales.
    Called back and spoke to someone who just sounded like he wanted to help and get me a "customized deal" What I got:

700WX - they match Verizon price of $299 by giving me $350 service credit. Supposed to come in three days.

New Plan:
    $50
    1500 anytime
    7pm nights and week-ends

$5 for unlilmited data

I called back later just to verify how things are on my record and it's all accurate.
    I have had MANY conversations with Sprint retentions before where someone just seemed fine with me leaving (after 8 years) and I did give Verizon a shot for a few days but when Sprint came out with the 700WX I had to see if I could get a good plan and price and they delivered so I stayed with Sprint.
    well I did as you said... and I ended up with a sweet deal!

My plan was an old 500 min 8pm N/W plan, $10 vision, unltd SMS and more for about $60+tax/month.

Now I got 1000 AT mins, 7pm N/W, Free vision, free PCS to PCS, free text messaging, and 10% loyalty and 23% business credit for 42.00/month!

Now I got them to come down to $449 for the new treo... but then they gave me a $449 credit on my bill! So I effectively get it FREE!

I was really patient and simply told the truth and was wanting to just get a fair shake. The CSR understood and talked with her supervisors and at one point I was on hold for about 30 mins-- but it was worth that for a free Treo 700wX!
    There was a post a while ago (from a sprint supervisor) about sprint supposedly cracking down on retentions and trying to standardize what they can offer. If this post was accurate then I'm assuming that we'll be hearing more of this sort of thing in the future. If you look at what Sprint retentions has offered some in the past (compared to the virtually non-existant retentions departments of their competitors) its fairly obvious that they could probably be much more conservative with their offers while still retaining customers with their already low data prices. I mean at this point it sounds like a lot of people are just calling retentions to take advantage of the offers.
    call and get someone else, that's what I did.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Lets remember in the grand scheme of things the "offers" that we "ask" for are really just from a VERY FEW of us in the Sorint customer universe who know about them and go on to these systems...

Millions of average cell phone users dont know what a retention is unless they actually threaten to cancel, and even of given an offer they dont think twice about telling people to cancel just to get an offer...

So I dont think this small group makes THAT much of a dent on their profits.

By the way what is the number to call them directlly... I need to ask them about my phone being so expensive??

Mike
    i just got offered 349 for 700 wx to add 2 yrs to my plan which had 3 months on the orig 2 yr contract,
    3 lines
    shared min
    guess i could have done better
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    I've talked to them 4 or 5 times.... yesterday a rep told me that if verizon had a better deal on the phone then I could go confirm what the price was and call them back. Today I called back and the rep told me he couldn't match verizon and he couldn't even do better than $649. He also told me that he couldn't find anywhere in my notes that I was offered a discount.

This is really getting aggravating because after calling 4 or 5 times I'm sure my notes are just a disaster.
    Quote Originally Posted by wotan View Post
    I've talked to them 4 or 5 times.... yesterday a rep told me that if verizon had a better deal on the phone then I could go confirm what the price was and call them back. Today I called back and the rep told me he couldn't match verizon and he couldn't even do better than $649. He also told me that he couldn't find anywhere in my notes that I was offered a discount.

This is really getting aggravating because after calling 4 or 5 times I'm sure my notes are just a disaster.

How does Verizon have a better deal on the phone, its not even offered on their network. Their 700W has half the memory of this one.
    Call and speak to someone until they give you a better price. It took me a few tries until I got it for $399. It's hit or miss, but if you find a cool person they will hook you up.
    Jimmie Geddes
    none of these companies care.

I've been an uninterupted Verizon mobile customer since they were Bell Atlantic Mobile in 1984. For my more than 20 years of loyalty they couldn't have cared less.

When I asked for an early upgrade last year it was like pulling teeth because they'd entered the wrong phone number as our primary phone at some point and that phone wasn't eligible.

They're all worthless when it comes to treating customers well.
    Here is my suggestion on how to proceed with retentions. dial *2 or sprint customer service number and when the recording comes on say, "Cancel Service".
    When the rep comes on tell him or her that you are thinking of switching to, for example Verizon, but would prefer to stay with Sprint if they can make you a custom plan that will meet your needs because you are a long time customer.
    If the rep is game for this and wants to hear what you'd like then keep going. If you start to get a song and dance then I would just say thank you, sorry you can't help me with that and good bye.
    Call in again and try again.
    I started to think about that there must be different departments in Sprint or different locations but it's not worth trying to figure it out. There's enough evidence in this threads that if you keep going and don't let yourself get irritated you will get what you want.
    I thought I got a great deal. 700WX for $299 - 1500 anytime and 7 pm nights plus data for $55 and then read the post where the person got a WX for FREE. So you just need to ask for what you want and be willling to accept what is reasonable.

My 2 cents.
    Gonna cross-post myself from here:
    I'm ready to make a switch myself.

I've been with sprint since `98, and have been on my samsung i330 for the past 3 years - it's time to put it to pasture. I'm looking very very hard at the treo 700wx. It looks like the screen's not the best, but it's a darn sight better than the 160x240 I have on the i330. I'll also lose my palm apps, but the fact that I can develop my own apps with .NET is a huge draw for WM5.

My contract is up in 01/07, so I figure now would be a good time to try and wrangle a deal.

Based on the experiences posted here, I think i'll try and get the 700wx for $400 or so. I can get it for $500 regular, based on my longevity. Or should I aim lower?

I'll also try and do the SERO plan, my current plan is F&F 500 anytime, no vision or other frills, with a %12 company discount, and i'm still paying $60 a month. The SERO F&F 500 plan sounds like the best deal I can get.

Any recommendations, or am I on the right track?
    Ok, no go with the deal - First thing I asked about was the price of the 700wx, which the CSR said she couldn't do anything about - the only price she could give me was $499.99, the online price w/ discount. At that point, I didn't even bother with asking about the SERO plan.

I guess I'll try again in a few hours, or tomorrow.
    After reading this thread, it seems like I just got unlucky with one of the least helpful CSRs. How long should I wait between calls? I really want a new phone
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast