Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    i called sprint retentions the first time in march and got the standard $40 1000 minute plans, which was good... then they botched my new phone activation so i ended up getting a few hundred dollars off my bill. now that i'm being close to fed up with my 6700, i want to get back to a treo... so what did you do to get the price off of a new phone? i've still got a year and half on my contract, so i'm not in a great bargaining position other than the fact that i spend lots of money on new phones every once in a while...
    Can i call and start complaining on how sprint doesn't support the ppc6700 well and all the things that it is advertised as doing don't work and how they forced me into a vision plan that had feature i couldn't use and yada yada? and that i'd like to get a treo again and i'd like for them to make it worth my while? i guess technically i can get a verizon treo and pay my contract termination for less than it would cost to buy a new one from sprint... maybe that will boil their blood a little
    any tips?
    Last edited by Kenundrum; 09/07/2006 at 01:43 PM.
    Treo 800w 8/08
    Nokia N800
    previously: Treo 700wx 12/06, Sprint 6700 3/06; Treo 650 11/04; Treo 600 1/04 (gone); Samsung i500 (gone); Hitachi G1000 11/03 (gone); Nokia 7110 5/00(best phone ever)
    This - Sprint's dealings with existing customers - sounds worse than buying a car.

But then I'm on T-Mobile until May and itching to switch. T-M doesn't give any love either. AND they have a poopy phone selection.
    On the phone with them again, this time I emphasized the overall poor quality of service in the past year, as well as pointing out that Verizon has the 700w for $300 AMIR, so I asked if they could get close to that.

It's also kind of beneficial that the CSR i'm talking to has a bad connection as well, as there's now tangible problems with me hearing her and her hearing me.

An interesting note, the current CSR was able to see that I had called in earlier today, and the earlier "deal" of the 700wx for $650-150 was noted.

I told her that that wasn't a deal, and that I could get that price off the website, and that I was looking for extra incentive to stay with sprint.

Now i'm on hold (about 5 mins so far) while she's "seeing what she can do for me".

I figure after I get the phone for a decent price, I'll spring the SERO plan on her.
    Ok, just got off the phone with the CSR (after 30 mins), and she offered an extra $100 off the phone, so it'd be $650 - $150 (upgrade w/ 2 yr) - $100 = $400.

That might be the best I can get - I don't have a customer service history of complaint calls to prove my dissatisfaction with them, which gives me a lack of leverage.

I told the CSR I needed to think about the $400 price for awhile, and asked her to call me back tomorrow.

When she calls back, I'll tell her I did some googling and that I saw a few people getting it for $275 - $300. I'll offer to buy it right now if she can do it for $350, see what she says.

<crosses fingers>
    I think the cleanest and clearest way to get a good price on the Treo is to just say to Sprint that you want them to match Verizons advertised online price of $299 ($399 minus mail in rebate of $100) The CR will need to get a supervisor to OK this. Having a story like a poor performing phone or whatever you can bring in to your pitch but I like just being straightforward and not emotional if you can manage it. I think it's easier for the CR to say yes.
    The Sprint CSR never called me back after my 9/7 conversation.

I called them again yesterday (9/11), and the CSR I talked to didn't even have a record of my previous call! So I began the whole spiel again with him, and he got me to the same place, $400.

So I call them today - and the CSR didn't say anything about my previous calls (I wonder if she even looked?), and again just offers me the "discounted price" of $500.

Bah. I'll try another day.

On the upside, by the time I find a CSR ready to deal, the phone price should have dropped

I realize it's a new phone and all, but how can Sprint expect to keep their customers when their palm 700w is $500 and everybody else's is < $300 (Regardless of w/wx)?
    I got mine ordered on Saturday and got them down to $379, so I was happy with that
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    Now here's my question, are any of you actually getting your phone? I was able to get my PPC-6700 exchanged through retentions for the 700wx, but it hasn't shipped yet. It's been a week now and they just keep telling me it's back ordered. I called in on Friday, and the rep called the warehouse where they told him they got an order in and it would ship that day. But it didn't. I'm getting awfully tired of waiting. All my accessories I ordered after the 700wx have already arrived.
    Device: Sprint Touch
    Accessories: Jawbone 2, 6GB Sandisk miniSD
    Editor: www.mobilegadgetnews.com
    smeg36,

When I ordered mine of Saturday I was told it would take 3 days. About 1 hr later I got a call back and was told that it was actually on back order and to call during the week to check. I called today and was pleasantly surprised to find out that that it had been delivered today. Got a little shock as when my wife got home the phone wasn't there. Sprint had delivered it to my old address despite them confirming that it would be shipped to my new address !! Oh well, my wife has the phone. The bad news, I won't be home until late Thursday night so won't be able to get my hands on it until then
    Quote Originally Posted by smeg36 View Post
    Now here's my question, are any of you actually getting your phone? I was able to get my PPC-6700 exchanged through retentions for the 700wx, but it hasn't shipped yet. It's been a week now and they just keep telling me it's back ordered. I called in on Friday, and the rep called the warehouse where they told him they got an order in and it would ship that day. But it didn't. I'm getting awfully tired of waiting. All my accessories I ordered after the 700wx have already arrived.
    I did the same last week.....I agreed to the deal last Tuesday and had my phone in hand on Thursday.....maybe lots are being ordered causing a slow down? Just a guess since I had no problems.....
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    Very annoying. I'm going to call and complain now that I know some people who ordered the same time as me have already received theirs.

Edit-Mine FINALLY shipped today. I should have it tomorrow.
    Last edited by smeg36; 09/12/2006 at 08:14 PM.
    can someone pm me retention number please???
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    Just dial *2 on your phone and say cancel when prompted for the reason for you call. You could also call either 1-800-658-7564 or 1-866-207-7913 to get retentions.
    Well my deal with retentions was great... I just just told them when my contract is up in a month Im going to verizon for the Treo since someone at the store told me the Treo 700w would never come to sprint, and got me to get the 6700 in the first place... Well they did say that, but I knew that was false! She had me on hold for 30 minutes! But when she came back here is what we got...

700wx for $399, 1000 a/t mins, N/W @ 8, free roaming, free text messaging, free PCS to PCS, no overages (like $5 for every 50 mins over or something) $10 vision(STILL!), 5% loyalty discount, 23% corporate discount, 5% retention discount, $6 TEP, $2 roadside rescue... I pay about $51/mo after taxes!!!

I am thrilled at this plan and the phone too! I got my phone in 2 days, and have my 6700 up for sale!
    ...This ain't a phone or a PDA, It's a way of life!
    for all your multimedia needs, it's gotta be Starrwulfe Ltd!
    I just noticed that Amazon is offering the 700w for $280, with -$100 MIR! So you can get the 700w through Amazon/Verizon for $180. Not that anybody wants the crappy Verizon version, but it should work very well with retentions when you mention that you can get the (near same) phone, switch to Verizon and pay $470 less. Kind of annihilates their Early Termination Fee leverage.

Right now, i'm on the phone with Retentions again, we'll see what happens. I mentioned all this to the CSR, and she put me on hold so she could go talk to a supervisor.

Will I actually get a deal this time???
    Interesting....

The rep came back, with $400. "That's the lowest I can give you."

I asked her what the early termination fee was ($200), then I pointed out I could cancel my Sprint service, pay the ETF, get the Verizon phone, and still come out ahead by $20.

Then she offered me another $50 off.

$350, bingo! That was my price point. I told her I'd go ahead and do that, and by the way, could I sign up for a SERO plan?
    Bah! Roadbumps!

She said that she can't switch me over to the SERO plan without me cancelling my current plan & losing my number! ??

Also, she can't just bill me and send me the phone, I have to go into the store myself in order to claim the $150 upgrade credit. That's assuming I can find a store that has one in stock.

Hrmph.
    Just got off the phone here's what I ended up:

1. Phone for $400 + tax for a total of $442.23 (tax paid on the original $649.99)

2. I already have the awesome 2,000 minutes for $85 (minus 20% for corp plan) from a few years ago so they added Sprint Power Vision for free for 2 years and then it will revert to $10/mth instead of $15 (or whatever the rate is at that time). This equals out to be $360 in savings alone!

3. 500 Free text messages/mth (not sure on the cost of this normally)

4. Free UPS overnight shipping

The rep was extremely nice and did say they have had overwhelming success with the 700wx but, that they would not match Amazon's price of $179 since Verizon's data rates are so much higher. So, you pay a higher price for the phone and less for data which is fine with me.

So, after all is said and done, the effective cost (not including the 500 text messages/mth) is $442.23 - $360 (Power Vision) = $82.23

I hope this helps!
    Global Posts
    485 Global Posts
    I just got off the phone with retentions, and will hopefully be exchanging out my 6700 plus $50 for a wx at the nearest Sprint store. I just hope the store dosn't give me a hard time. The rep said they or I could call CS if their was any trouble. Wish me luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by budney View Post
    I just got off the phone with retentions, and will hopefully be exchanging out my 6700 plus $50 for a wx at the nearest Sprint store. I just hope the store dosn't give me a hard time. The rep said they or I could call CS if their was any trouble. Wish me luck!
    Have you had your 6700 over 30 days? Retentions wouldn't let me do a trade in for a different model (700p to 700wx) since I've had mine over 30 days.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast