Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by notjpr View Post
    Hey 2000 Man chuckle chuckle,,, I found a thread where you said you agree with me that the connectors are junk http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/ppc-6...vs-treo-4.html
    If you'd bothered to actually read the thread (now there's a novel concept), you'd see that I didn't write anything about the connector. It's the headset connector that is known to fail.
    Kinda of off topic what software does the 6700 come with that us treo 700w users can transfer and use? Also, anyone know if we can we use the 6700 camera software as I hear it is better than one on the 700w
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000 Man View Post
    If you'd bothered to actually read the thread (now there's a novel concept), you'd see that I didn't write anything about the connector. It's the headset connector that is known to fail.
    Your reply is false, in my post I list the pros and cons. The exact wording is:
    Quote Originally Posted by jamespaulritter
    Cables:
    - The treos connections are cheap. Its often difficult to make contact.
    And then you post reads, with you quoting my post
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000 Man
    I agree with all of these points
    Please try to discuss your views without taking things personal. Your insult is inappropriate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tastypeppers View Post
    Reading this makes me want to get the 700wx. Maybe it's even worth spending the $200 to get out from underneath a contract a T-Mobile.
    i'd say go for it in a heartbeat. if you are longing for the benefits of the add'l memory, this is your device (not sure what you are using today and i can't speak to T-Mobile as I've never used their service). good luck with the coverage in your area should u decide to switch to sprint.
    Hello all, newbie here to treo central, but not a newbie to tech so i will try not to ask too many stupid/redundant questions.

I would really like to know what pushed users of the 6700 to get the 700wx? I am really close to getting one but the thing thats drawing me to stay with the 6700 - despite its "boxy" form factor, clumsy one-handed usage, nearly unreadable screen in sunlight, and other things - is the phone as modem usage. I am a road warrior that always uses a laptop (a MacBook Pro) and needs connectivity everywhere I go. The 6700 works seamlessly as a bluetooth EVDO modem whether I am working on the Windows XP partition of my Mac or on the OS X side. And above all, I DON'T have to have a phone as modem(POM) plan for the 6700 which saves me nearly $500 a year (@$40/month for the POM plan). I know you can use PDAnet on Windows, but that doesn't help me much the OS X. I need access in both operating systems. ALSO, you can't use the 700wx as a Bluetooth modem at all without PDAnet -- I LOVE being able to surf the web on my laptop without a hotspot and leave my phone in my pocket. The 6700 is even better than having a Sprint EVDO PC card (you dont have something sticking out of the side of your laptop that can easily break off or having to take the card out when i want to put the laptop in the case/sleeve).

I have the 6700 and my wife has the 700p and envy the easy of use and "stylishness" of the phone but I wasn't a big fan of Palm OS. I thought that the 700w/wx was the ultimate phone but its still lacking a few key things for true corporate users/road warriors. Can someone prove this otherwise?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123