Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    has anyone benchmark the two phones side by side?
    I have a lot to say but I dont want to get banned...AGAIN!!
  2.    #22  
    Does anyone know any good PPC benchmark apps? I'm willing to try it on my 6700 and someone else can try it on the 700wx.
    Quote Originally Posted by elbombillo2 View Post
    Does anyone know any good PPC benchmark apps? I'm willing to try it on my 6700 and someone else can try it on the 700wx.
    SPB Benchmark
    (don't let the $495 price fool you, it's free for non-commerical use)

I can save you the time though: in MobileTech's review they benchmarked the 6700 and 700wx:

http://www.mobiletechreview.com/treo-700wx.htm

6700 wins the numbers game; 700wx "feels" faster in actual use, which has been my exact experience.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    In my list of pro's and con's on the previous page I forgot to mention:

6700's mini USB connection is great.

The 700wx's cheap junk power and sync connector is horribly aggravating.

As with my Treo 600, T650 and the 700p I tested for 5 weeks, I have to wiggle the cables and tip toe away hoping it stays together.

EDIT: More pros for the wx:
    1) You can see the screen in sunlight.
    2) There is about 18 more Megs for program storage.
    3) Its smaller than the 6700.
    4) On the wx you can lock the screen quickly and easily. On the 6700 you have to get to the today screen, and toggle to the lockscreen plugin. Sounds easy but often this took 3 or 4 seconds which is frustrating when you work on a cardiac unit and need to quickly lock the screen to handle whatever pops up.

For me the wx is by far the best device I've ever used.
    Last edited by jamespaulritter; 09/09/2006 at 09:57 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by notjpr View Post
    In my list of pro's and con's on the previous page I forgot to mention:

6700's mini USB connection is great.

The 700wx's cheap junk power and sync connector is horribly aggravating.

As with my Treo 600, T650 and the 700p I tested for 5 weeks, I have to wiggle the cables and tip toe away hoping it stays together.
    That's funny because my 20 month old 650 still connects and charges perfectly. Maybe you should try cutting out the caffeine. LOL
    2000 MAN your lucky. My wife has the same trouble with her car charger on her 650, I took my charger back and have few problems with the new one. Palm has sent me 3 new sync cables in the last 3 years and the board is full of "usb not recognized", "cant connect with PC", "treo wont charge", "woke up this morning and battery 1/4 charged", threads. There have been numerous discussions on this board about the cheap connectors.

P.S. What device do you have now. I know relentlessly badgered the 6700 here and at pdaphonehome, did you sell it.
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    SPB Benchmark
    (don't let the $495 price fool you, it's free for non-commerical use)

I can save you the time though: in MobileTech's review they benchmarked the 6700 and 700wx:

http://www.mobiletechreview.com/treo-700wx.htm

6700 wins the numbers game; 700wx "feels" faster in actual use, which has been my exact experience.

I have a 700P now and my wife has a 6700 and I was thinking of getting a 700WX but after this revew I don't hink I want to trade my 700P for a 700WX. I will have to play with the WX at a sprint store first and see if it will be worth it. Thanks for the link it saved me some time.
    2000 MAN your lucky. My wife has the same trouble with her car charger on her 650, I took my charger back and have few problems with the new one. Palm has sent me 3 new sync cables in the last 3 years and the board is full of "usb not recognized", "cant connect with PC", "treo wont charge", "woke up this morning and battery 1/4 charged", threads. There have been numerous discussions on this board about the cheap connectors.

P.S. What device do you have now. I know relentlessly badgered the 6700 here and at pdaphonehome, did you sell it.
    Huh? How many thousands and thousands of users are there on TC and few of them have complained about the charger? How small of a percentage of the total number of users is that?

Sounds like you're just unlucky or very careless.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000 Man View Post
    Huh? How many thousands and thousands of users are there on TC and few of them have complained about the charger? How small of a percentage of the total number of users is that?

Sounds like you're just unlucky or very careless.
    I hoped to avoid this trouble this time and bought a cradle that charges a battery out of the phone, thinking that maybe not going though the daily routine of plugging/unplugging the phone would make the power cable last longer, but no I had trouble with it right off the bat. Right now it is setting so that the cable that comes out of the back of the desktop charger is held in place by the house phone base. If I move it, it stops charging the battery.

You question are ambiguous, your assumptions lack insight and you sound rude.
    I am however curious about this question so I started a poll here http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=123930
    Last edited by jamespaulritter; 09/10/2006 at 04:45 PM.
    Hey 2000 Man chuckle chuckle,,, I found a thread where you said you agree with me that the connectors are junk http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/ppc-6...vs-treo-4.html
    Global Posts
    243 Global Posts
    4) On the wx you can lock the screen quickly and easily. On the 6700 you have to get to the today screen, and toggle to the lockscreen plugin. Sounds easy but often this took 3 or 4 seconds which is frustrating when you work on a cardiac unit and need to quickly lock the screen to handle whatever pops up.
    Easily accomplished on the 6700 by mapping the lock program to a hardware key.
    Quote Originally Posted by URPREY View Post
    Easily accomplished on the 6700 by mapping the lock program to a hardware key.
    Id like to try that. How do you do it?
    I'm with you notjpr on the connector thing. I had a nightmare of a time with my 650's connector. First it wouldn't charge, then it would only sync if I held it at the perfect angle. Very unreliable.

I do hope Palm moves toward a USB based charger/sync connection. No more of this proprietary design junk (and poor at that)
    Id like to try that. How do you do it?
    How to: Device/Key Lock (4 Different Ways!) (the files are attached to that post but you have to register to see 'em, sorry! But there are links to where I got them.)

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Thanks, I have a friend who will really appreciate this.
    Another pro for 700 wx, con for PPC 6700.

You know that spastic/unresponsive activity by the 6700 volume slider? That is not an issue on the 700 wx.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    One thing I like about my wx is the fact of how responsive it is over the 6700. Im one that uses SMS a lot. During some conversations I would see missing letters due to 6700 doing other things behind SMS (Active sync etc). With the WX I havent had this issue once. Also the bootup on the wx is fast. Almost as fast as the Palm OS.
    Quote Originally Posted by damigs View Post
    One thing I like about my ix is the fact of how responsive it is over the 6700. Im one that uses SMS a lot. During some conversations I would see missing letters due to 6700 doing other things behind SMS (Active sync etc). With the WX I havent had this issue once. Also the bootup on the wx is fast. Almost as fast as the Palm OS.
    Good point, on my 6700 I often ended up with double letters in words because sometimes I would push a button again trying to get a letter to show up on the screen. Overall responsiveness is faster and I can launch apps just as fast as my old 650 because I can hit start>p>e>dpad for example to launch excel. I can hit that in <2 seconds barely glancing at the handheld. Launching any and all apps is a breeze.

Voice command is no substitute, some 3rd party app to accomplish this is not an answer either, especially with 39 megs of RAM. The treo works perfect right out of the BOX.
    Well I just activated my 700wx and said so long to my 6700... I usually try to keep devices around for a week in case Im not happy with them, but after loading all my software up on the 700, the damn thing will not stutter, falter, or slow down! I use both Yahoo Go! and also have an Exchange account thru my job. I just downloaded and synced 205 contacts, who knows how many calendar entries, and gobs of email... My 6700 took about 3 minutes (!) on its final OWA sync. Once the 700 was active and provisioned, it took about 30 seconds... and most of that was spent just getting the connection set up . Im impressed!

Also what Notjpr and Maltista says, I tend to echo... As a phone vs. the 6700, the Treo rocks. I am gonna miss having more screen real estate, and the occasional WiFi romp, but the 700 feels faster on EVDO than the 6700 does, so I think I can even hold off getting a WiFi SDIO card.

So yeah, my 6700 will be on eBay later tonight if one of my friends doesn't want the hook-up.

<sidebar> I am SOOOOO glad to have an Exchange account and Yahoo GO! available! My phone was delivered to my office, but I usally sync physically at home... If this were my old 650, I would have had to make sure my contacts were backed up on SD so I could transfer them over. I had all my contacts put onto my 700 in less than 30 seconds over the air... Now why can't other regular mobile phones do this yet? </sidebar>

RIP-- PPC6700: Close, but no cigar... 3/9/06-9/11/06
    Last edited by starrwulfe; 09/11/2006 at 04:01 PM.
    ...This ain't a phone or a PDA, It's a way of life!
    for all your multimedia needs, it's gotta be Starrwulfe Ltd!
    Reading this makes me want to get the 700wx. Maybe it's even worth spending the $200 to get out from underneath a contract a T-Mobile.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast