1.    #1  
    Hello.

If I want to purge the entire contact database on the 700wx.. or Calendar database.. or task database...

How do I do it??

Is there a file that I cna delete or change that will PURGE ALL items in there?

Help appreciated.

Mike
    There is a single file called pim or pim.vol in the root of your device. You can see it using the file explorer. Deleting it removes the Outlook data.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks Jesse....

Does it remove all the outlook data.... Like Email, contacts and everything??

They arent in individual files like palm?

Mike
    <deleted irrelevant P answer referring to Palm Desktop>
    Last edited by johncc; 09/05/2006 at 10:46 PM.
    Palm Desktop?

1. Delete the contacts MS Outlook (control-A, delete key) and Activesync will likewise delete them on your handheld.

2. Backup using Sprite, perform a hard reset and then restore without selecting the System DBs.
  6.    #6  
    Thanks Guys...

yea. Whats a Palm Desktop??? HAH
    Sorry about that. Forgot where I was!
    In Outlook, create a subfolder to the Contact folder. Cut all of your contacts our of the main contacts folder, paste them into the subfolder, and then you'll have a backup just in case. Then sync, and the contacts will be removed from the Treo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Music View Post
    In Outlook, create a subfolder to the Contact folder. Cut all of your contacts our of the main contacts folder, paste them into the subfolder, and then you'll have a backup just in case. Then sync, and the contacts will be removed from the Treo.
    Definitely the way to go.
    Quote Originally Posted by littlewaywelt View Post
    Definitely the way to go.
    On my DESKTOP OUTLOOK I exported all my contacts for backup. Then I deleted all, did an ACTIVESYNC - this did not clear all contacts on my TREO. Under OPTIONS I have selected the IF CONFLICT REPLACE ITEMS ON DEVICE. What do I do to delete all my contacts on my TREO?
    Quote Originally Posted by photojunky View Post
    On my DESKTOP OUTLOOK I exported all my contacts for backup. Then I deleted all, did an ACTIVESYNC - this did not clear all contacts on my TREO. Under OPTIONS I have selected the IF CONFLICT REPLACE ITEMS ON DEVICE. What do I do to delete all my contacts on my TREO?
    That should have worked. Not sure what happended. The sync should have either erased everything on the Treo or put everything that was on the Treo onto your Outlook. What you might want to try (now that there's nothing in Outlook) is to rename your device on the treo at start/settings/system/about/deviceid and then before syncing delete the relationship in activesync desktop at file/delete mobile device. Then on the next sync select outlook overwrites instead of combine records.