Results 1 to 20 of 20
  1.    #1  
    So I come to the Treo 700wx now.. and there is no way to easily open programs... You need to hit the windows button and scroll down to the one you want or hit program...

    In any case, it is a bit cumbersome.. you cant hold down and alpha bet shortcut key to get right where you want (since they ar eonly for speed dials)

    What is THE BEST launcher out there that people with 700w been using.. Something that gives you control from the Today screen to do different things (but wont mess up the device)?? I see a bunch out there, but which is the most used by people?

    Also which is the best utility for cleanup.. is it Memmaid?

    And how is Pocket Informant... does it sync well with Microsfot Activesync?

    And Phort caller ID Pro... does anyone use that?



    Mike

    And lastly, Does anyone use Picture caller ID pro... and if so does it sync with the same pictures in your contacts?
  2. #2  
    I'm a huge fan of SmallMenu Plus.
    http://tillanosoft.com/ce/smenu.html

    Basically, it a very light weight, highly configurable, cascading menu. You can create a couple of folders and have them right there for quick access. Map it to your Start/Win key. I can launch all my apps usually with in a few clicks (assuming I don't create too many sub-folders).

    Here's a shot from my ppc-6700 awhile back:


    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  3.    #3  
    How about something from the Today menuu.. That can put icons right there or assign one touch keys like the palm does
  4. #4  
    Oh, there's tons...

    Devstate has a nice mini launcher plus running programs:
    http://www.pdagold.com/software/detail.asp?s=1274

    Then there's the free cLaunch
    http://www.pdagold.com/software/detail.asp?s=300

    That's very popular and highly configurable. You can get cLaunch to look like the Palm OS pretty easily.

    Search around on those free sites and you'll find dozens.

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  5. #5  
    SPB pocket Plus allows you to put program icons on the today screen. You can navigate to them and select them without using a stylus. There is a trial for it.
  6. #6  
    I installed claunch on my 700wx and can't seem to figure out how to customize the app. When I click on the yellow star button in the upper left corner it brings up the screen to add shortcuts. I can't figure out how to change icon size, change colors, ect.

    How do I get into these highly customizable features?
  7. Pibe38's Avatar
    Posts
    483 Posts
    Global Posts
    653 Global Posts
    #7  
    iLauncher from http://www.sbsh.net it's awesome... it's a paid app but it's worth it IMO. It also has a task manager...









    You can set up the task manager to ignore apps so the phone doesn't show like on the first screenshot, you can add Control Panel shortcuts, meters, change the size of icons, it includes a screenshot capture app, and more...
  8. PSB22's Avatar
    Posts
    192 Posts
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    #8  
    Scot Seligman's Launcher works well for me.

    It is not very customizable (basically you just have a bunch of shortcuts in the \Launcher directory and it displays them on the today screen, but at 21k, I'm not complaining.

    I tried some of the others (cLaunch etc) but found they took up too much memory on the 700w and made it crash a lot.
  9. #9  
    I am liking claunch. I have a question though. On my Today screen I can only use my 5 way nav. to scroll to my google search bar. I have claunch, 6700 stats below it and to get to them I have to take out my stylus and scroll down, can't use my 5 way. I know when I had other today plugins it stopped at that same point, any ideas? Thanks.
    Jimmie Geddes
  10. #10  
    I personally like GSPocketMagic for my task manager and extended menu:




    For my program launcher, I have been a big Sbp PocketPlus fan. However, some early 750v owners reported problems so if I go with a 750, I will probably use SBSH's iLauncher.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
  11. #11  
    Is GSPocketMagic a freeware..??
    I am looking to replace my current start menu pop-down with cascase start menu.. I downloaded SmallMenu (regular), but it doesn't give much option.. It would be nice have one with soft reset option also.. any suggestions?? thanks.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinomon View Post
    Is GSPocketMagic a freeware..??
    I am looking to replace my current start menu pop-down with cascase start menu.. I downloaded SmallMenu (regular), but it doesn't give much option.. It would be nice have one with soft reset option also.. any suggestions?? thanks.
    GSPocketMagic also has a soft reset option.

    Yes, GSPM is freeware:

    http://www.pocketpcfreewares.com/en/index.php?soft=1276
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
  13. #13  
    Thanks JGold. I just installed GSPocketMagic on my wx. it's awesome. But I see on ur above screenshot that u have a different font.. how did u get that font? What is 'CLOSE NOT ALL' for? Thanks!!
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinomon View Post
    Thanks JGold. I just installed GSPocketMagic on my wx. it's awesome. But I see on ur above screenshot that u have a different font.. how did u get that font? What is 'CLOSE NOT ALL' for? Thanks!!
    Glad you like it. I can't check what font I am using since I waiting for my KJAM to be repaired (broken screen). Hmmm...the CLOSE NOT ALL...I don't have that option on mine. If no one else posts an answer, I can let you know.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
  15. #15  
    Does anyone know of a launcher that specifically places icons in the lower task bar, basically alongside where the PDANet and WirelessSync icons are placed. I haven't been able to tell from all the different application link descriptions if any one launcher does this. It would be a nice way to conserve our limitted screen real estate. (700w, BTW).

    Thanks,
    Russ
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by tropicaffair View Post
    Does anyone know of a launcher that specifically places icons in the lower task bar, basically alongside where the PDANet and WirelessSync icons are placed. I haven't been able to tell from all the different application link descriptions if any one launcher does this. It would be a nice way to conserve our limitted screen real estate. (700w, BTW).

    Thanks,
    Russ
    SBSH's iLauncher.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
  17. #17  
    I found an issue with GSPocketMagic on my wx. If I do a 'close all', then it takes my bottom bar (Left & Right Softkey) becomes blank and I have to do a soft reset inorder to get that.. anyone else having this or any other issues with GSPocketMagic? thanks!!
  18. #18  
    I found another issue, when you close task, the application hangin till you hit the green or red button..
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinomon View Post
    I found another issue, when you close task, the application hangin till you hit the green or red button..
    That doesn't happen on my KJAM.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by caddyshack View Post
    I installed claunch on my 700wx and can't seem to figure out how to customize the app. When I click on the yellow star button in the upper left corner it brings up the screen to add shortcuts. I can't figure out how to change icon size, change colors, ect.

    How do I get into these highly customizable features?
    I am also not been able to customize any setting for cLaunch.. any suggestions...??

Posting Permissions