Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I haven't even had the account 3 hours and my life is changed. I add a contact at my desk, I save it. I look in my WX, it's there. I delete a task on the WX, I come home later, it's done on the comp already.

I open my laptop while away from my house to work on some email. Previously, I would have to add the contact by going into my Treo to get the email address. Not anymore. It's already updated.

Mail. My own domain: Instantly pushed/synched.

Bottom line: I LOVE IT! Was it a pain to set up? Yeah, a bit. A lot of it was my fault though for jumping ahead on directions thinking I know it all. Had I followed the steps I would not have run into any problems.

I have desired something like this for the longest time. I haven't even finished day 1 of the trial and I already want to pay them, twice! Having my info synched instantly is crucial to me as a consultant. I'm on the road at times and need to have it all instantly. At times with my 700p I would come home and manually sync, and I would get duplicates, errors, or it would erase it all together. With an exchange account, my life is forever changed.

$83.88 for a pro account. I look at it as 1 lunch/month I forfeit to have this. Definitely worth it!

http://www.4smartphone.net
    Last edited by lawilson2; 09/05/2006 at 10:18 PM.
    I'm on their site right now deciding whether to move forward with their service. Does anyone know if it will work with Entourage X on a Mac?

Where are the detailed instructions for setting the service up? That is, the instructions for setting up 4smartphone on Entourage?
    Last edited by LuvDucs; 09/04/2006 at 07:39 PM.
  3.    #3  
    I saw setup at the bottom of the setup page (after you create an account) for entourage 2004. Does that help?
    It just might. However, the 4smartphone site seems to be down right now and I have Entourage X not 2004. I'll have to play around with it to see if I can get it to work.
    I just answered my own question. Entourage 2004 has Exchange support built in....Entourage X does not. Off to spend more money.
    What does 4smartphone offer that the paid personal exchange service from mail2web.com doesn't have? Is it different at all? The $3.99 a month mail2web plan is working good so far.
  7.    #7  
    I'm very unfamiliar with mail2web; sorry. Does it offer contact, task, & calendar synchronization? Those features are vital for me.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by LuvDucs View Post
    I just answered my own question. Entourage 2004 has Exchange support built in....Entourage X does not. Off to spend more money.
    If I can help just one person.... lol
    I'm just too excited to get my WX. Having Exchange will certainly make life a little easier.
  10.    #10  
    It WAS the reason from me switching over from the 700p (well, that and the constant freezing, delays, resets, etc, no biggie, lol). When I saw what Windows Mobile could do, as well as the ease with working with my media, etc, it became clear that I needed to go with a progressive operating system, not one stuck in the 90's. Palm is like apple, may make a better product overall (or may have), but they just don't have the market. I have to go with what's popular for by business' sake.
  11.    #11  
    Another thing I failed to mention: it now syncs your notes! Most exchange accounts don't do this for some strange reason, but my notes are synced which is a big plus.
    I'm playing with it now and it is just amazing. As much as I will hate leaving the 700p, I think I made the right decision purchasing the WX.
  13.    #13  
    Yeah, I can't believe that I've been literally sitting here for months saying: This is what I need in a true handheld that is connected to the Internet all the time. Marc (Chatteremail) started to make headway and then had a roadblock with a programmer. But I'm coming to realize that the full features of exchange are best on a Windows device.

This thing is sweet: I've had no resets, it's fast, and the automatic syncing is unbelievable. I think I finally made a solid purchase. (I also added a 4GB SD card I got for $74. That makes it even more enjoyable. )
    One issue that I have encountered (may be it's because I'm still in the trial phase of the program) is that I cannot get my existing PIM information to sync up with the 4smartphone folders online. Any ideas?
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    Whoa! You are getting notes to sync? I'd love that, but I thought Exchange Server didn't support it at all. How are you doing it?

BTW, I LOVE 4smartphone also! Awesome!
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by LuvDucs View Post
    One issue that I have encountered (may be it's because I'm still in the trial phase of the program) is that I cannot get my existing PIM information to sync up with the 4smartphone folders online. Any ideas?
    I'm not sure. I'm in the trial phase too. I used the "bring your own domain" option, so if you didn't use that one, I have no clue. Email them; they got back to me within 2 hours which was good for a holiday.
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by nlowhor View Post
    Whoa! You are getting notes to sync? I'd love that, but I thought Exchange Server didn't support it at all. How are you doing it?

BTW, I LOVE 4smartphone also! Awesome!
    I have no clue, but it is definitely working; I tried it both from my handheld, desktop, and laptop. I created new notes to test, and everything worked as well. Ya got me, but I'm not complaining!
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    Huh....it's not even an option in Activesync on the Treo. Under the activesync settings do you have a checkbox for Notes? Boy I sure would like to get that working.
    When you delete emails on the treo are they disappearing from your exchange account? We have a corporate exchange server with Exchange 2003 SP2. Everything else works but when I delete emails on the 700wx they don't delete from the server. Everything else seems to be syncing fine. In terms of note syncing that isn't an option under the activesync setup on the 700wx, it is under the desktop pc sync setup. Are you saying that notes are syncing between your treo and your exchange provider wirelessly or through a cable/cradle sync?
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by ttoppins View Post
    When you delete emails on the treo are they disappearing from your exchange account? We have a corporate exchange server with Exchange 2003 SP2. Everything else works but when I delete emails on the 700wx they don't delete from the server. Everything else seems to be syncing fine. In terms of note syncing that isn't an option under the activesync setup on the 700wx, it is under the desktop pc sync setup. Are you saying that notes are syncing between your treo and your exchange provider wirelessly or through a cable/cradle sync?
    Yeah, they delete from the server.

I can't explain the notes thing. I did another test. It doesn't seem to be working from the handheld any longer (I swore it did). However, from desktop to laptop, it is updating. I just did two test notes on my desktop and they ended up on my laptop a minute later.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast