Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lawilson2 View Post
    Yeah, I can't believe that I've been literally sitting here for months saying: This is what I need in a true handheld that is connected to the Internet all the time. Marc (Chatteremail) started to make headway and then had a roadblock with a programmer. But I'm coming to realize that the full features of exchange are best on a Windows device.

This thing is sweet: I've had no resets, it's fast, and the automatic syncing is unbelievable. I think I finally made a solid purchase. (I also added a 4GB SD card I got for $74. That makes it even more enjoyable. )

What 4gb SD card are you using?
    My syncing seems to be much faster today. I really have not expeeienced any delays at all. strange.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ouzome View Post
    What does 4smartphone offer that the paid personal exchange service from mail2web.com doesn't have? Is it different at all? The $3.99 a month mail2web plan is working good so far.
    Full featured Outlook Web Access.
  4.    #64  
    Quote Originally Posted by LuvDucs View Post
    My syncing seems to be much faster today. I really have not expeeienced any delays at all. strange.
    As an update, the problem was on the WX. I deleted the exchange account on the phone, reset it up, and it syncs in well under a minute. I'm a HAPPY camper now! I'll monitor it, but definitely a good sign!
  5.    #65  
    Quote Originally Posted by NoLimitz80 View Post
    What 4gb SD card are you using?
    I bought a Transcend 150x 4GB card from Fry's Electronics. Not the top brand, but I don't care. For that price, it was worth it. It works great.
    That's good to know. As I stated earlier, my wx has been syncing flawlessly (and fast!) with 4smartphone.
    Can someone tell me where to get a 4Smartphone trial?
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Magubbi View Post
    Can someone tell me where to get a 4Smartphone trial?
    4smartphone Trial
  9.    #69  
    Just to update everyone, I have signed up as an official member (early this morning). I'm very happy with the service and think that it will significantly change the way I organize my business/life.
    I did as well. I can't agree with you more. I really didn't know a lot about Exchange before I purchased the 700wx, but now it has really opened my eyed to the power of these amazing devices.
    Has anyone using 4smartphone experienced any problems with your local folders not properly syncing with the 4smartphone folders?

I cannot seem to get my existing local folders to sync with 4smartphone. Thus, I have my local folders on the computer showing all of my contacts, tasks, etc and then a separate file structure for the 4smartphone folders. The problems is they're not "talking" to each other.
    Hi LuvDucs,

I have the same issue with Entourage. Where you able to figure this out?

I asked 4Smartphone tech support and they said they heard it was possible using a "conduit" but that they are not Mac guys and don't know the solution.

Please let me know. Thanks

Ed
    Hi! I actually had to manually copy my local calender events and contacts over to the 4smartphone folders on the Mac. Obviously depending on your amount of data, this may take longer that you expected. However, once I copied everything over, the combination of using 4smartphone, Entourage, and the wx has been fantastic.
    Quote Originally Posted by robdam View Post
    Full featured Outlook Web Access.
    Isn't there a way to upload your old .PST file with all your old email to mail2web free account? I really want a free alternative to a monthly fee and would prefer not to succumb to paying every month.
    Hi! I actually had to manually copy my local calender events and contacts over to the 4smartphone folders on the Mac. Obviously depending on your amount of data, this may take longer that you expected. However, once I copied everything over, the combination of using 4smartphone, Entourage, and the wx has been fantastic.
    Thanks for the info. Not what I wanted to hear but not a biggie. I'm not getting Tasks to sync. Anyway to do this?
    Quote Originally Posted by twitch75 View Post
    Isn't there a way to upload your old .PST file with all your old email to mail2web free account? I really want a free alternative to a monthly fee and would prefer not to succumb to paying every month.
    Just an FYI, your probably looking for free, but you mention not paying month to month. That's the thing about 4smartphone that you may like and others may not. They spell out their plans as $X per month, but when you buy it, they automatically charge you for one year. It suprised me.

But now that I'm in, ....I love it and I can't imagine not having 4smartphone.
    How do you delete exchange service on your phone. I have some delays and that might fix it. I am a novice so I would probably need step by step process of how to do it.
    Global Posts
    243 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by carson View Post
    How do you delete exchange service on your phone. I have some delays and that might fix it. I am a novice so I would probably need step by step process of how to do it.
    In Activesync, Menu, Options. Hold your stylus on the Exchange Server and select Delete from the menu.
    Quote Originally Posted by edjerum View Post
    Thanks for the info. Not what I wanted to hear but not a biggie. I'm not getting Tasks to sync. Anyway to do this?
    Found out that Entourage does NOT sync TASKS. This is a known Microsoft omission so 4Smartphone won't get TASKS onto 700WX. Nothing 4Smartphone can do anything about.

Too bad. Guess I'll have to use Missing Sync which will do Tasks. Do I still pay for 4Smartphone so I can have push email? That is the question.
    Global Posts
    280 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by edjerum View Post
    Found out that Entourage does NOT sync TASKS. This is a known Microsoft omission so 4Smartphone won't get TASKS onto 700WX. Nothing 4Smartphone can do anything about.

Too bad. Guess I'll have to use Missing Sync which will do Tasks. Do I still pay for 4Smartphone so I can have push email? That is the question.
    I think you may be talking about Notes. Tasks sync fine, but not Notes (which I use, darn it).

I use 4SmartPhone and Tasks sync to all of my computers/devices. You can sync Notes with a PC, but not the Exchange Server.
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by storyr View Post
    I think you may be talking about Notes. Tasks sync fine, but not Notes (which I use, darn it).

I use 4SmartPhone and Tasks sync to all of my computers/devices. You can sync Notes with a PC, but not the Exchange Server.
    I can't even get an option for tasks - any help? I get cal,contacts and mail - all great, but no tasks!
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast