Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1.    #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by tama2112 View Post
    I almost went with 4smartphone but changed my mind and went with Intermedia.net instead.

4smartphone is not a Microsoft Gold Certified hosted Exchange Partner. Go to this website if you want the Microsoft certified partners:
    http://www.microsoft.com/serviceprov...s/catalog.aspx

I am currently with Intermedia.net and i am VERY happy with the service. Yes, Intermedia is more expensive - but i'm going the safer route...
    I would need their 1GB plan, and the only way to get it is to get the 3 user plan, which is $125/month. I'll stick with what I have. I'm not running corporate email with trade secrets, etc, so although I commend you for your safety consciousness, I personally am going to stick with them (provided the trial goes well, lol).
    I would need their 1GB plan, and the only way to get it is to get the 3 user plan, which is $125/month. I'll stick with what I have. I'm not running corporate email with trade secrets, etc, so although I commend you for your safety consciousness, I personally am going to stick with them (provided the trial goes well, lol).
    I may be wrong about this.. But i think you could just purchase (2) $9.95/month plans.. For $9.95/month you get 500mb.. The disk space is aggregated so you could use it all for yourself..

http://www.intermedia.net/it-profess...ing/3-plan.asp

I should say - I DO NOT WORK FOR THEM .. I'm just a very happy customer..
    Actually - I think i may have spoken wrong.. You can purchase (1) $9.95/month plan and that would give you 1.5 gig of aggregate space..
  4.    #44  
    Sounds great, but a bit too steep for me at this time. However, I will look into the link you sent more closely since I'm in a trial with 4smartphone. I definitely appreciate more info; I don't want to go into this with blinders on.

Also, no need to say you don't work for them: the way I've been pushing 4smartphone, you'd think I at least had stock in the company, lol!
  5.    #45  
    Actually - I think i may have spoken wrong.. You can purchase (1) $9.95/month plan and that would give you 1.5 gig of aggregate space..
    Ok, that definitely sounds more reasonable than nearly $20/month. I'll definitely look into it. I'm running into some server issues already with 4smartphone so you never know.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    I moved our company on to 4smartphone and will never go back to Exchange less Treo's
    Last edited by acoem2584; 09/05/2006 at 03:20 PM.
  7.    #47  
    I just spoke with Intermedia on the phone (nice guys to call me back so quickly). Anyway, the 3 user pack is the MINIMUM they offer, meaning that I can't just buy a 1 user account for 9.95/month. That read quite confusing on their website. So, unless I get 2 more people on staff that I want to provide email for it certainly isn't worth me paying 29.95/month for just me. However, they seem like a good company and if you have multiple users they may be who to go with.

I really do like 4smartphone. My only issue is consistently. Sometimes it takes up to 10 min for my Treo to get an email that my desktop already has. I don't know if this is a signal issue on the phone, or just a slow server, but it's getting a bit annoying, but I emailed them about it so we'll see what happens. I still have faith in them!
    Please let us know what 4smartphone has to say about the annoying server "lags." I have been experiencing similar lags as well.
  9.    #49  
    Glad I wasn't the only one. I was beginning to think it was my phone. There is at times a 7-10 minute lag between desktop outlook and my phone; I've timed it several times today.

Have you emailed them also? I don't want to give up hope, but I really need something that's going to work well. I'm going to be out and about the next few days and this will be crucial (one of the reasons I bought the 700wx when I did).
    I have not emailed them yet, but I will do so if this "nag" of a "lag" continues.
    I have used 4smartphone with my 6700 for 3 months, and could not be happier. Coming from the Palm/IMAP idle/Chatter camp, the whole exchange/push thing was hard for me to understand, but once I learned how to set it up, it is great.

Nothing better than having a real-time backup of everything (contacts/calendar/mail) on the server. If my 6700 crashes, I don't care. It's all backed up online.

Great company.

By the way, in their FAQ, it says this about their datacenter:

"4SmartPhone's primary, Tier 1 datacenter is housed in the Phoenix metropolitan area. The facility is protected by 24x7x365 security guard protection and bulletproof walls."

At least if someone shoots at the server, I will still get my email
  12.    #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by LuvDucs View Post
    I have not emailed them yet, but I will do so if this "nag" of a "lag" continues.
    This is the email received from them a few minutes ago:

Dear lwilson,

Thanks for using 4SmartPhone, and for referring people to us.

We did get your previous email and according to the ticket system, it was received earlier today so well within our maximum response time of 24hours, although we always try to answer back quicker than that.

Do you have any error message ? Could you somehow send us your ActiveSync log from your device ? Who is the other customer in question ? We want to see what you have in common (network, device, ...).

So far we have hear of such a behavior only for 2 devices : the Q with the new ROM, and the Treo 700wx. The only thing they seem to have in common is an extremely long "ping" timeout compared to most other WM5 devices.

Please do not hesitate to contact us again if necessary.

Best regards,

The 4SmartPhone Team

I replied that we both have 700wx's, so I'm waiting to see if there is a resolution or something that we have to live with. I don't know if it's a problem with their servers or with these devices.

I have a hard time believing it's the server because I'm getting emails quickly on Outlook (desktop and online) which I wouldn't if it was the server, so everything points to the WX.
    Thanks for this information. I guess all we can do is wait and see what the 4smartphone guys have to say about it. I've noticed that the delay has not been as bad today for whatever reason.
  14.    #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by LuvDucs View Post
    Thanks for this information. I guess all we can do is wait and see what the 4smartphone guys have to say about it. I've noticed that the delay has not been as bad today for whatever reason.
    You're welcome. if it's a WX limitation that sucks. I mean, the sync DOES work, just not as fast....
  15.    #55  
    I haven't heard back from them, but it does seem faster. 2 emails came thru well before they hit on Outlook on my desktop. They must be doing something on their end.

This is a perfect example of why trials are good; knocks out kinks early. I told them that I posted about them here, and so they know that it would be in their best interest to work on this. Of course, if it's a WX limitation I wouldn't blame them, but no others have complained yet on other networks, so we'll see!
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    What am I doing wrong? I am able to log on to the web site (view the calendar) with my login id and password but when I put into my 700wx it is telling me “Please correct your exchange server password” what does that mean?
  17.    #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by rpjk2000 View Post
    What am I doing wrong? I am able to log on to the web site (view the calendar) with my login id and password but when I put into my 700wx it is telling me “Please correct your exchange server password” what does that mean?
    Your username for the Treo and Outlook will be a weird one that they gave you at setup, probably with a 01 in it.

The domain should be: 4smartphone

The server name should be: secure.4smartphone.net

Your password is the same across the board.

When you login into OWA online, you're using your actual email address as your username; that's the only difference.

Another thought: Are you putting in the capital letters & numbers (if any) in correctly? Make sure you're using shift for letters and the option button for numbers.

If none of this works shoot them a trouble ticket.
  18.    #58  
    I heard back from 4Smartphone:

Dear Lamarr,

We do not have any additional feedback at this point other than the fact that than it is limited to 2 device model (700wx and updated Moto Q), and not all users are affected. We also know that some users erased, and then redid their Exchange profile and that fixed it.

We are waiting ot see if some user with a 700wx will be knowledgable enough to try to reduce the heartbeat delay from 1800 to 540 sec to see if it makes any difference. So far it is the only thing the Q and the 700wx have in common.

Best regards,

The 4SmartPhone Team

Can one of you try the heartbeat delay fix? I don't know how to do it. I will try erasing my profile and readding to see if that helps in the meantime since it helped some.
    Well, here is the heartbeat thread over at pdaphonehome:

http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/ppc-6...ight=heartbeat

The key (at least on the 6700) is:

HKCU\software\microsoft\activesyn

Change the number from 1800 to 540? (I don't have a 700wx to test)
  20.    #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by ericshmerick View Post
    Well, here is the heartbeat thread over at pdaphonehome:

http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/ppc-6...ight=heartbeat

The key (at least on the 6700) is:

HKCU\software\microsoft\activesyn

Change the number from 1800 to 540? (I don't have a 700wx to test)
    I tried to edit it using Mobile Registry Editor. It says access denied when I try to change the heartbeat. Is Sprint blocking people from editing the registry?
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast