Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My guess would be notes are updating via activesync with laptop not via exchange but could be wrong.
  2.    #22  
    I don't have activesync on the laptop at all. All I did was add the exchange info to it, so something is happening at least between the 2 comps.

I just checked OWA since my account comes with it. The notes are syncing there as well, so it's DEFINITELY going thru the server. For some reason it's not going to my handheld any longer. Maybe it's something 4smartphone is testing right now. There site was down a few min like they were upgrading...
    I'm using the 4smartphone 15-day trial also. Everything seems to work fine with my Treo but I'm not having good results syncing w/Outlook 2003 on my PC, or maybe I don't understand how it's supposed to work.

I thought that when you delete a msg on the desktop, it would dissapear from the Treo (just as quickly as msgs get pushed). Similarly, I thought that when a msg is deleted from the Treo, it would quickly dissapear from the desktop. Yeah or Nay?
  4.    #24  
    I do have a problem though with activesync. Now I'm just logged in as a guest and I can't set options to sync favorites, notes, music, etc. Any ideas?

I got it working. I had to re-setup activesync since I have the exchange server. This was my fault since I didn't set it up 100% properly with the device. All is good now (it pays to pay attention!)
    Last edited by lawilson2; 09/04/2006 at 10:57 PM.
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    I do hope this is something being added. I don't see anyway currently for the handheld to sync notes w/o an activesync update. There might be a way already for Outlook to sync notes from the desktop. Beats me.
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Is the 4smartphone service paid for in one annual payment or do they charge you per month?
  7.    #27  
    They state annually on their site thru Paypal.
    Can you tell how 4smartphone compares to themessagecenter.com? I had it recommended to me (though not with the same enthusiasm) in a different thread. This is my first venture into Exchange servers; I can barely spell it. Thanks.
    mail2web.com is not syncing notes, but it is syncing mail, junk mail, contacts, calendar and tasks. There doesn't seem to be any difference between 4smartphone and mail2web, but I'm still waiting for others. At this point, I don't think I need to sync my computer(s) outlook with p outlook. I'd rather use POP and keep all messages locally. I'm fine with online exchange access only, although mail2web offers Outlook 2003 and exchange for a little more . . . it is monthly versus yearly. I'm still trying to figure out what I would be missing with 4smartphone (if I could set it up).
    can you only sync email and contacts? I have another product that does OTA synching of my other databases (& work email) with Lotus Notes.
    ---
    iPhone / Samsung Epix

Current playtoys:
    Also: Treo 750 (Test phone) / Sony Ericcson w900 (unlocked for international travel)
    Has anyone using 4smartphone experienced any problems with your local folders not properly syncing with the 4smartphone folders?

I cannot seem to get my existing local folders to sync with 4smartphone. Thus, I have my local folders on the computer showing all of my contacts, tasks, etc and then a separate file structure for the 4smartphone folders. The problems is they're not "talking" to each other.
  12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by ouzome View Post
    mail2web.com is not syncing notes, but it is syncing mail, junk mail, contacts, calendar and tasks. There doesn't seem to be any difference between 4smartphone and mail2web, but I'm still waiting for others. At this point, I don't think I need to sync my computer(s) outlook with p outlook. I'd rather use POP and keep all messages locally. I'm fine with online exchange access only, although mail2web offers Outlook 2003 and exchange for a little more . . . it is monthly versus yearly. I'm still trying to figure out what I would be missing with 4smartphone (if I could set it up).
    here's a thread on it: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=114587

Seems that 4smartphone allows you to use your own domain, has 500MB more space, and is more reliable from the users point of view. I don't know if mail2web makes you have to have a computer on to sync with your desktop (hopefully not, defeats the purpose of true OTA). I'm sure there are other differences; I'll keep looking.
  13.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by LuvDucs View Post
    Has anyone using 4smartphone experienced any problems with your local folders not properly syncing with the 4smartphone folders?

I cannot seem to get my existing local folders to sync with 4smartphone. Thus, I have my local folders on the computer showing all of my contacts, tasks, etc and then a separate file structure for the 4smartphone folders. The problems is they're not "talking" to each other.
    Did you follow the precise instructions about downloading the Outlook file (settings), exporting a copy of your .pst file to your desktop, allowing the exchange setting file to completely revamp your Outlook 2003 (hopefully you're using 2003), and then uploading the .pst file? If that's not followed to the letter you will have the duplication as you experience. I ran into a similar problem. I just went back and followed it all over again. The tricky part is finding your .pst file on your computer.
  14.    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by driven01 View Post
    can you only sync email and contacts? I have another product that does OTA synching of my other databases (& work email) with Lotus Notes.
    Yes, you can choose what you'd like synced, either by exchange, by the desktop, or neither. Fully customizable.
    Well, I followed the instructions very carefully for Entourage 2004. I now realize that I should have been clear that I use Entourage and not Outlook. This problem has me stumped.
  16.    #36  
    Sorry about that; yeah, I don't know a thing about the mac side. Did you email support a trouble ticket? I'm sure it is something super simple that you're missing; happened to me too.
    I certainly did. I'll see what they have to say about it. Thanks a bunch for your imput though.
    Well, day-1 of my trial and 4smartphone stopped working. I woke up this morning with ~10 emails in my gmail inbox (I use forwarding to 4smartphone) that were never pushed to my wx or desktop client. Also, I get an error page when i try to log into my 4smartphone Outlook Web page.
  19.    #39  
    I had the same issue this morning; they finally pushed thru at 8:59am. I'll monitor for the remaining 14 days and hopefully this isn't a lasting issue.
    I almost went with 4smartphone but changed my mind and went with Intermedia.net instead.

4smartphone is not a Microsoft Gold Certified hosted Exchange Partner. Go to this website if you want the Microsoft certified partners:
    http://www.microsoft.com/serviceprov...s/catalog.aspx

I am currently with Intermedia.net and i am VERY happy with the service. Yes, Intermedia is more expensive - but i'm going the safer route...
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast