Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 50
  1.    #1  
    I just tried to get my PRL updated to 20223 on the Wx and they sucessfully flagged it, but like so many other phones before when I call *2 back I dont get the download. Man Sprints PRL loader sucks. Anyone else get the Wx to the latest version?
    bit_bucket
  2. #2  
    If someone can get it and post the file here we can manual update it. I find that more reliable than the Sprint system unforutnately.

    I just tried to call in and see if I'm flagged for it and I'm not. If someone posts it though I'd apprecaite it and happily update then.
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    If someone can get it and post the file here we can manual update it. I find that more reliable than the Sprint system unforutnately.

    I just tried to call in and see if I'm flagged for it and I'm not. If someone posts it though I'd apprecaite it and happily update then.
    I can post it or link to it easy enough.

    The question is do we know the code to access the configuration screen that allows you to manually update the PRL?

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  4.    #4  
    Okay this is strange. I have a ticket in with the engineers at sprint about the PRL loader system. My account has been flagged since I got the phone. I did not try calling *2 today to get the update, I just called tier 2 directly. The lady stated that my phone was no longer flagged, so she reflagged it. Well when I looked at my phone info, it said I was at 20223 PRL. I never initiated this, so this is very strange. I wonder if sprint is working on a PRL push system that does it with no interaction from us.
    bit_bucket
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    I can post it or link to it easy enough.

    The question is do we know the code to access the configuration screen that allows you to manually update the PRL?

    You can call sprint for your MSL code that allows you to do the update.
  6. #6  
    I have my MSL.....so what is the process for manually updating the PRL? On the 6700 it was ##PRL# It doesn't work on the wx.

    BTW, the best way to get your MSL is to write down the number Sprint asks you to enter into your phone for the initial programming (##123456#).
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    You can call sprint for your MSL code that allows you to do the update.
    I've had my MSL since the day I bought the phone! I need the programming code to enter the phone to tell it where to grab the file...two different things!

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    I've had my MSL since the day I bought the phone! I need the programming code to enter the phone to tell it where to grab the file...two different things!
    I tried my darndest to social engineer it out of a tier 2 tech today, but they didnt have the info.
    bit_bucket
  9. bimmer10's Avatar
    Posts
    49 Posts
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    #9  
    I flagged my account on Friday, kept calling *2, kept getting the "software update in progress" message. It looks like after calling for the update 4 times and letting it run the PRL update finally took on my 700wx.
  10. Pibe38's Avatar
    Posts
    483 Posts
    Global Posts
    653 Global Posts
    #10  
    How do you get them to update the PRL? Just call *2 and ask them?
  11. damigs's Avatar
    Posts
    535 Posts
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    #11  
    Here is the 20223 PRL file I used on my 6700 awhile ago. Since switching to WX not sure how to do the updates. Any clue as ##775# doesnt work.

    ** Note - Rename 20223.txt to *.prl
    Last edited by damigs; 10/31/2008 at 12:20 PM.
  12. #12  
    i just called sprint support he flagged my phone i called back*2 and my phoned updated within a minute telling me an update was in progress and then telling me it had completed,it went very smooth
  13.    #13  
    But did it take?
    bit_bucket
  14. #14  
    yes it now shows new version in phone
  15. #15  
    What exactly is PRL and what do we tell Sprint CS in order to get it applied?
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by L3thal View Post
    What exactly is PRL and what do we tell Sprint CS in order to get it applied?
    Prefered Roaming List.

    Tell them you would like to have your account "Flagged for a PRL update".

    Here's a brief blurb on PRL and EvDo I wrote on the Wiki...feel free to add/correct stuff:

    http://wiki.treocentral.com/index.php/PRL_%26_EvDO

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  17. Pibe38's Avatar
    Posts
    483 Posts
    Global Posts
    653 Global Posts
    #17  
    PRL update done. It took the agent like 30 mins. to flag my phone, I guess because it was midnight and some of their systems were rolling over. But it's done and it shows 20223 already.

    My question is, if I do a Hard Reset, will I lose the update?
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Pibe38 View Post
    My question is, if I do a Hard Reset, will I lose the update?
    No. It should still be there.

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  19. bimmer10's Avatar
    Posts
    49 Posts
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    #19  
    I wanted to update on my PRL 20223 update. Once the update finally took, I have seen a significant increase in battery life. Prior to the update my Treo was constantly switching from 1x to EVDO in areas of low signal and it was chewing through the battery at a very high rate.
  20. #20  
    How do I determine what PRL version I have?
    How do I manually update the PRL?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions