Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    653 Global Posts
    There's still no known way to update manually since the ## code to access the menu has not been discovered. To determine your PRL version go to Settings->System->About->Phone.
    The easiest way to update is to dial *2 and when the automated machine starts talking, just say "PRL update" and it will skip the greeting and let you know if you need an update. If you do it will install it while you remain on the line.
    I just activated my 700wx yesterday and at the same time had them flag it for a PRL update. It only took one try to apply for me--I definitely was surprised
    One try for me too.
    Check out my app PodSnatcher or on PreCentral.net
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    They must have corrected something on their end as I initially had problems getting the update. For some reason though my account is still flagged and if I call *2 it says it has detected a phone upgrade is needed. No big deal. I am just very happy with the improvement in battery performance since the update finally took.
    Took me one try, and a 30 minute call w/Sprint which included approx 5 mins talking to the wrong guy, 15-20 minutes holding for the right guy, and 2 tries for the right guy to do it right. Good thing I kept him on the phone when I dialed *2, otherwise steps 1-3 would have had to be repeated. Gotta love Sprint!
    Quote Originally Posted by L3thal View Post
    The easiest way to update is to dial *2 and when the automated machine starts talking, just say "PRL update" and it will skip the greeting and let you know if you need an update. If you do it will install it while you remain on the line.
    I have personally never been able to get this to work. The customer service reps that I have talked to state that it should work, but it never has. Maybe Claire hates me.............. Have you been able to get it to work?
    I just called in to get it done. Told me to write down the instruction which didn't sound right, but I did it anyway (Menu | Options | Phone Info = Updated). Of course there's no Options under the Menu on the Today screen. Maybe she thought I had a 700p.

Does it really improve the battery life? Because mine sucks. (91% 30 minutes after unplugging it without any use).
    Huh, just flagged my account for a PRL update and it too the first time too.

Finally!

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiguy View Post
    I just called in to get it done. Told me to write down the instruction which didn't sound right, but I did it anyway (Menu | Options | Phone Info = Updated). Of course there's no Options under the Menu on the Today screen. Maybe she thought I had a 700p.

Does it really improve the battery life? Because mine sucks. (91% 30 minutes after unplugging it without any use).
    91% after 30 minutes? Thats awful. You have outlook auto-syncing? Not Exchange push, but OUTLOOK
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlepat View Post
    91% after 30 minutes? Thats awful. You have outlook auto-syncing? Not Exchange push, but OUTLOOK
    I don't think it's Outlook auto syncing but just checking for mail every 15 minutes on 2 POP accounts (or is that the same?). Unfortunately with my email setup I can't do Exchange push since I can't have it hosted at one of those 3rd party sites. I don't even have IR or bluetooth turned on. But it wasn't that bad yesterday. Maybe its just a fluke. But I want that PRL update to see if that helps.
    PRL updates are nice but they are certainly not little miracles. More often than not, they don't do anything but it obviously doesn't hurt at all to do.

Just don't expect anything major to change!

I have no luck like all of you do. The second time I called for my PRL update, by saying "PRL Update" connected me to a tech. I asked him to flag my account for a PRL Update. He said I need to call back with *2, get to the menu, and, again, say "PRL Update". Which then just transferred me to a queue to speak to a tech again. So I hung up. What's going on over there??
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiguy View Post
    I have no luck like all of you do. The second time I called for my PRL update, by saying "PRL Update" connected me to a tech. I asked him to flag my account for a PRL Update. He said I need to call back with *2, get to the menu, and, again, say "PRL Update". Which then just transferred me to a queue to speak to a tech again. So I hung up. What's going on over there??
    Saying "PRL Update" does nothing.

THere is NO automated voice system for PRL updates.

Just ask to talk to a customer servie rep and ask to have your account flagged. Takes 5 mins. Then you call back *2 and it'll tell you that you have an update, stay on the line..blah blah.

I called got a cust service rep...told her I want a PRL update. She said she flagged it and all I needed to do was to call back *2 and it would (on it's own) recognize the flag, inform me of the update and perform it. Work well and was done in less than a min.
    Palm Pilot Pro...Palm III...Palm V...Handspring Treo 180...Handspring Treo 300...Palm Treo 600...Palm Treo 650...Palm Treo 700p...Bye Bye palm , Hello wm5....Palm Treo 700wx...... 800w.
    I never understood why Sprint doesn't automatically release PRL updates like Verizon does. In the Verizon manual, it instructs customers to dial *228 (I believe) every 30 days or so. This ensures handsets are up to date. None of this underground 'call Sprint and ask them to flag your account' business (of which the average Joe will never know to do).

After all, the most current PRL saves Sprint $ since it contains instructions for the handset to select the lowest rate tower (among other things) based on carrier agreements.

Oh well.
    Quote Originally Posted by ericshmerick View Post
    I never understood why Sprint doesn't automatically release PRL updates like Verizon does. In the Verizon manual, it instructs customers to dial *228 (I believe) every 30 days or so. This ensures handsets are up to date. None of this underground 'call Sprint and ask them to flag your account' business (of which the average Joe will never know to do).

After all, the most current PRL saves Sprint $ since it contains instructions for the handset to select the lowest rate tower (among other things) based on carrier agreements.

Oh well.
    I just came over from VZ to Sprint and that's an excellent point. 228 was is much easier than calling in to be flagged. Oh well.. guess i'll be dialing up Sprint on Saturday when im activated.
    I'm giving up trying to get my phone flagged. I've tried 5 times today, and each time I get a different CS telling me something different. I just wanted to see if it would improve my battery life/EVDO coverage. Oh well.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    All you need to do is log onto your SprintPCS account only. Click on send email to customer support. Under subject I selected "Roaming" and in message wrote "Could you please flag my account for a PRL update. THanks" Hours later I got an email back saying your account has been flagged. I dialed *2 and got my update within 2 min or so. Now my PRL is showing 20223
    Quote Originally Posted by dbarrett5381 View Post
    I have personally never been able to get this to work. The customer service reps that I have talked to state that it should work, but it never has. Maybe Claire hates me.............. Have you been able to get it to work?
    Yes, I dialed *2 and said PRL Update and the automated voice machine said it was updating. After a little over a minute, she said it was completed and the call ended. The phone switched to flight mode and switched back into service and the PRL number said 20223.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast