Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Well folks, I finally have a solution for taking DVDs and getting movies onto the 700W. After trying some of the conmercial apps available, with limited success, I finally have a quality way of transferring my DVDs to the 700W.Using Nero recode, I take a DVD which I have recorded and encode to a 240X240 size image. Then I play it on the 700W using the TCPMP player(the version containing ALL the codecs). Works great, and the price is right!
    Are you talking about DVDs that you buy at the store or homemade DVDs? And how long does it take to encode?
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    I.m talking about movies that I record off of cable (for my own usage, not to resell) but using DVD decrypt, you can encode purchased DVD's as well. The encoding time will vary, depending on several factors, but should take no more than one hour for a full length movie.
    do you record off cable using a DVR or your computer? I'm thinking about getting rid of my tivo, getting a MCE PC and going about my tv shows that way. Hour long train rides are perfect for the TV shows I couldn't get to the night before.
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetluva View Post
    do you record off cable using a DVR or your computer? I'm thinking about getting rid of my tivo, getting a MCE PC and going about my tv shows that way. Hour long train rides are perfect for the TV shows I couldn't get to the night before.

Most Tivo units can send the files to your PC there is a ripper program you can google to convert them and then you can use the windows converter to make them whatever size you want. You can also invest in a program like pocket dvd which records as a dvd is playing and outputs to a file on your computer.
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    It isn't perfect, but I use a PC with an ATI card in it, then use Pinnacle Studio to remove commercials and do the final edits before I burn it to disc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    Most Tivo units can send the files to your PC there is a ripper program you can google to convert them and then you can use the windows converter to make them whatever size you want. You can also invest in a program like pocket dvd which records as a dvd is playing and outputs to a file on your computer.
    I've done that, but it takes so long to transfer.