1.    #1  
    I am a newbie to WM5 after purchasing a 700wx today to hopefully replace my 700P which is giving me fits. I am getting used to the OS but have some questions.

1. How do I get to menu functions like inbox subfolders and the music library drop down in media player without touching the screen? I am used to the one handed operation of the Palm treos and can't figure this out. The menu button only operates the top level menu.

2. It seems that when I close out of some dialogs with the OK button the changes aren't saved. For example, I went into the email options and selected which subfolders I wanted to sync and hit OK. It exited that dialog but didn't save changes. But, if I click the OK button in the rt upper corner it does save changes. Is this by design? I hate having to touch the screen or get out my stylus.

Sorry for the newbie questions. Thanks in advance.
    Just a suggestion, dump windows media player for TCPMP player. Very high speed you can even use a reg edit to make it the default player. It just tends to play many more codecs than the standard WM one.

As for the one handed navigation most things like calling, contacts selection and simple browsing work fine one handed. That said its not perfect if you want to be able to watch a movie and contol every single thing with the D pad it probably won't work out like that very well. Most functions are useable one handed but for somethings you will have to use the stylus.

2. I'm not sure why that is happening except maybe that it is minimizing the program instead of closing it out. You can get a program like Handyswitcher or SPB plus (more elaborate) to make sure once you close somethign it actually does close and in fact is not just running in memory.

If you go to start > settings > system > memory you can see your running programs. Without a third pary program these will run constantly, you can pick up a program that actually closes / minimizes apps when you want them too.

Other great programs that should have trials are:

PIEplus - Greatly expands PIE and makes browsing much better (Tabs, faster rendering etc)

Flexmail 2007 - Inline HTML and a overall great email program

spb backup - Great back up utility

TCMP - Best media player out there

PDA net - Allows you to tether to a laptop or pc for internet access

PMH Reg Edit - Free program to edit your registry

Lygea Pocket 12c - The HP 12c financial calc on your pda

SPB pocket plus - Today screen program that allows you to customize what apps show up and you can change the look of the screen. Also includes some PIE optimizations, close app utility and a lot more.

Enjoy your 700wx
    If you go to start > settings > system > memory you can see your running programs. Without a third pary program these will run constantly, you can pick up a program that actually closes / minimizes apps when you want them too.
    Don't forget, just holding down "OK" will get you to the above a lot easier and faster!

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Don't forget, just holding down "OK" will get you to the above a lot easier and faster!

Sure if you have the third party app installed. Not sure if he has it though.
    Actually no third party app required. Go to the buttons preference and make sure option+OK is set to Task Manager. Then you will get the above behavior.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post

Other great programs that should have trials are:

PIEplus - Greatly expands PIE and makes browsing much better (Tabs, faster rendering etc)

Flexmail 2007 - Inline HTML and a overall great email program

spb backup - Great back up utility

TCMP - Best media player out there

PDA net - Allows you to tether to a laptop or pc for internet access

PMH Reg Edit - Free program to edit your registry

Lygea Pocket 12c - The HP 12c financial calc on your pda

SPB pocket plus - Today screen program that allows you to customize what apps show up and you can change the look of the screen. Also includes some PIE optimizations, close app utility and a lot more.

Enjoy your 700wx
    Can I use Flexmail for in-line HTML and still sync with my Exchange server for Contacts, Calendar, and Tasks?
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis View Post
    Actually no third party app required. Go to the buttons preference and make sure option+OK is set to Task Manager. Then you will get the above behavior.

No kidding, thats great they fixed one of the more annoying things when I came over to WM5 from Palm last year when I bought my 6700.
    Quote Originally Posted by neill View Post
    Can I use Flexmail for in-line HTML and still sync with my Exchange server for Contacts, Calendar, and Tasks?
    Yes.
  9.    #9  
    I need a good WM5 tutorial. Will try to find one tonight. In the mean time any kind soul want to tell me how to copy, paste, cut txt from an email? Seems simple enough but the menu doesn't have them listed. Also, how do I delete or purge all items in a mail folder like my junk mail folder or deleted items?
  10.    #10  
    Also, any suggestions for good sites for wm5 tweaks and programs specifically for Treo wx/w? Thx.
    Quote Originally Posted by ttoppins View Post
    Also, any suggestions for good sites for wm5 tweaks and programs specifically for Treo wx/w? Thx.
    Look for SKTools or Tweaks2k2 for ppc.

Both are excellent and SKTools has the benefit of being a cleaner (deleting temp files, bad registry, 0-byte, etc).

In the mean time any kind soul want to tell me how to copy, paste, cut txt from an email?
    easiest/fastest way: whip out the stylus (sorry!) and drag the stylus over what you want to copy, highlighting as you go. When done, press and hold your stylus over the highlighted part and you'll see a quick circle form. This will bring up a sub-menu with all the edit commmands.

basically, holding down the stylus on the screen will almost always bring up a sub-menu.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter