Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    I currently have a 650 and I have been using Chatter to get my personal email (gmail). I work out of my car so push email is very important to me. I know that the 700wx comes w/ push email for you work accounts but can it be sent up with gmail without an add on application?
    Quote Originally Posted by rpjk2000 View Post
    I currently have a 650 and I have been using Chatter to get my personal email (gmail). I work out of my car so push email is very important to me. I know that the 700wx comes w/ push email for you work accounts but can it be sent up with gmail without an add on application?
    what the majority of us do for push is this: get something like mail2web which is called "hosted Exchange" (it's a website, not a 3rd party app). Simply forward your gmail to your mail2web account and then sync with that. The built in push only works with Exchange accounts and that's what this simulates.

Push is very effective/reliable on the 700wx and mail2web is free (or $1.99/month for extra services). Likewise, there are other sites that offer hosted Exchange for free or cheap. I'm also a former Chatter user...so I know what it's like to migrate.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    not an add on app but exchange service. i use 4smartphone because not only do i want to sync email, but i want to sycn contacts, task, callendar as well. i want everything at home, work, and my mobile device to be in sync with each other. i love 4smartphone even if it like $6 bucks a month.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    what the majority of us do for push is this: get something like mail2web which is called "hosted Exchange" (it's a website, not a 3rd party app). Simply forward your gmail to your mail2web account and then sync with that. The built in push only works with Exchange accounts and that's what this simulates.

Push is very effective/reliable on the 700wx and mail2web is free (or $1.99/month for extra services). Likewise, there are other sites that offer hosted Exchange for free or cheap. I'm also a former Chatter user...so I know what it's like to migrate.
    can this be done with aol mail? i don't think there's any way to forward aol mail. am i right?