1.    #1  
    Okay, so I've been a Mac user for about five years now, but I think I may make my first PC purchase since I switched five years ago.

The only option available to me for syncing my Mac to the Treo 700wx is The Missing Sync.

The Missing Sync sucks. It's great for the Palm OS, but for Windows Mobile, it completely sucks. I tried the Moto Q for about two weeks before returning it. It didn't sync birthdays, created multiple calendar entries, didn't sync photos, etc. It's still extremely buggy.

What other options do I have besides getting a PC?
    pocketmac is a little better than missing sync for windows mobile. they should have their version for wm5 out any day now.
    I tried Pocketmac a long long time ago. It was horrible, the buggiest most worthless piece of software I've ever seen. Worse, they never replied to any emails I sent to support. All they ever did was send me emails announcing new version upgrades for sale.

Missing Sync has been great on Palm OS. I haven't tried it on WM5. There is an update that I saw 2.5.1. It might fix bug you saw.

Finally, don't buy a PC. If you want to get a new machine for WM5 devices, get a new Intel Mac. I have a MacBook Pro and if I dual boot into Windows XP it's exactly like a PC just with better Apple hardware design. You can use that for your Windows syncing and go back to Mac OS X for the fun stuff.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis View Post
    Finally, don't buy a PC.
    Oh .. boy - here we go.

(FWIW been a Mac owner since April 1991)
    What I meant was if an existing Mac user was getting a PC mainly for running a WM5 device, then that isn't needed. He can still get a Mac and use Windows when he needs to.

I don't think there's anything wrong with pointing that out.

Quote Originally Posted by gijohn View Post
    Oh .. boy - here we go.

(FWIW been a Mac owner since April 1991)
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis View Post
    What I meant was....
    Always helpful to say what you mean for those that can't read between the lines.

Sorry for the previous post.